Airfare insurance question

We have trip insurance through Access America for our upcoming cruise. My husband just got a new job at work and has to attend madatory training for it the week before our cruise and will still be gone the day we are flying out for the cruise. Do you think I would be able to get anything from my cruise insurance if I want to cancel the flights or need to move them?

We have trip insurance through Access America for our upcoming cruise. My husband just got a new job at work and has to attend madatory training for it the week before our cruise and will still be gone the day we are flying out for the cruise. Do you think I would be able to get anything from my cruise insurance if I want to cancel the flights or need to move them?

Access America has lots of plans so that answer may vary on what plan you've purchased. I'd guess probably not but you're going to have to contact the insurer to find out for sure.

I will say that unless you have a Cancel For Any Reason plan, the most likely answer is no. Most "Work Reasons" coverage requires the cancellation of previously approved leave; requirements of a new job probably do not qualify.

That said, if you move your cruise, you can often move the insurance policy, so you don't have to purchase it a second time.

Looks like OP's cruise leaves April 1, so she's too late to change her cruise without losing money.

OP if your insurance does not cover the flight change, and it probably will not, you'll have to pay the airline's change fee and then any difference in cost between the old and new ticket.

Archived