Hot Tub time, how are they?

JPTexan82

Hey how deep are the Hot Tubs?

What temp do they keep them at?

Are they treated with chemicals?

How late are they open? are they 24hr?

Can kids swim in them?

How many people can fit in them?

Are you allowed to have a drink in them?

Can you hear music while you sit in them?

Will servers come by to get you another drink?

Don't believe they're open all night. Too many kids in them sometimes. Others complained they're not hot enough; temps may be kept too low for safety reasons. They must be nice 'cause I've never seen them empty.

You forgot to ask:

Can I reserve a spot in the hot tub by leaving a towel there?

And do I have rights if I do this?

Do I have to tip the cleaner?

Can I wear a thong?

Wow those are not great questions. I know I didnt ask those for a reason. But thank you of thinking of me.

Hey how deep are the Hot Tubs? - Waist level. Like a typical Hot tub.

What temp do they keep them at? - One day was really hot (100+) other very nice.

Are they treated with chemicals? Seemed to be.

How late are they open? are they 24hr? 6:00am - Midnight I believe

Can kids swim in them? Not in "Adults Only" areas.

How many people can fit in them? 6-8

Are you allowed to have a drink in them? yes

Can you hear music while you sit in them? Yes

Will servers come by to get you another drink? Yes

I just got off of the Freedom and enjoyed the hot tub in the Aft Adults only area.

-F-

Can only reference the Fantasy, but here goes:

Hey how deep are the Hot Tubs? Basic height, like the other user said, waist deep.

What temp do they keep them at? They are hot, I can stay in them comfortably for about ten minutes and then I get overheated.

Are they treated with chemicals? Yes, or that would be nasty.

How late are they open? are they 24hr? Like 10 or 11pm

Can kids swim in them? Certain ones, yes. They will be labeled adults only if so.

How many people can fit in them? Depends on the tub, anywhere from 5 to 10

Are you allowed to have a drink in them? You are not supposed to, but people do. It's up to the staff around the tub to enforce it.

Can you hear music while you sit in them? Probably, especially the ones in the lido pool area.

Will servers come by to get you another drink? Not likely

They close as early as 8pm and as late as 11:45pm. Also, you can see on the pics below, that those particular spas didn't really have a ledge on them to set your drink.

Do they allow kids? Yes, in the "family" whirlpools.

P10404662.jpg

How deep are they? This is our "short" friend standing up in one. ;)

P10204002.jpg

I thought the hot tubs were luke warm at best. I actually spoke to the CD to ask him if he could get the aft hot tubs temperature turned up a bit. He said that the lower temp was a corporate policy as people are drinking in them and Carnival was concerned.

I asked him if maybe they could increase it a bit each day, and then only when people started dying just back it off a bit.

Well I thought it was funny. He looked at me kinda stern but promised to look into it.

We go to the ones on the Serenity Deck now - no kids allowed even on the deck so kids in hot tub are not an issue. Found one to be hot and one to be cooler - usually crammed full. Like others have said, some people will drink non stop for a couple of hours and never leave so unless they have the bladder of a camel you know what is happenin' here.

I thought the hot tubs were luke warm at best. I actually spoke to the CD to ask him if he could get the aft hot tubs temperature turned up a bit. He said that the lower temp was a corporate policy as people are drinking in them and Carnival was concerned.

I asked him if maybe they could increase it a bit each day, and then only when people started dying just back it off a bit.

Well I thought it was funny. He looked at me kinda stern but promised to look into it.

Lol...I laughed!

I never could get in one, every time I thought I may go give it a shot, they had at least 3 to 5 people...sometimes many many more in them...Im just not that into getting into a hot little bathtub with a handful of random strangers...lol...

Hey how deep are the Hot Tubs? Less deep than your home hot tub - translation: If you are an average height woman you won't be drowning when you are sitting.

What temp do they keep them at? Not hot enough. Most hot tubs I can only handle 10 minutes before it gets too hot but on cruise ships I actually get cold in their hot tubs.

Are they treated with chemicals? I would hope.....

How late are they open? are they 24hr? Not 24 hours, only till like 10pm I think.

Can kids swim in them? The kids are allowed in the hot tubs but the hot tubs are usually very crowded. Unless your kids sit perfectly still in the hot tub I wouldn't let them in. I have kids myself and I don't let them in because they don't sit still and end up splashing me in the face.

How many people can fit in them? Depends on the ship. Some have small hot tubs for 6-8 ppl and some have bigger hot tubs.

Are you allowed to have a drink in them? Yes. Are you kidding? It's a cruise ship... I'm sure there isn't any place you can't bring a drink.

Can you hear music while you sit in them? Yes. At night you can watch movies while you sit in them.

Will servers come by to get you another drink? I'm pretty sure I've gotten served drinks while in the hot tub.

ENJOY!

And the hot tubs are amazing. I sat near a hot tub during spring break. 10 people were in to for about two hours. They drank non-stop the entire time. Not one of them left the hot tub to go to the bathroom.

2 hours is totally doable. :cool:

As to the question about kids swimming in the hot tub...kids shouldn't be allowed to "swim" in any hot tub.

Once my DH and I had to help an 18 year old girl who was very drunk from drowning in the hot tub. Another cruise both DH and I got hot tub rash...not fun. Once we had a dad daring me with his eyes to say something about his four kids swimming in the hot tub...again, not fun.

We have never had a cruise ship hot tub with the most common temp of water, always it was too cold.

And yet we keep trying to have hot tub fun. I think we should forgo a cruise and just buy a hot tub!

And the hot tubs are amazing. I sat near a hot tub during spring break. 10 people were in to for about two hours. They drank non-stop the entire time. Not one of them left the hot tub to go to the bathroom.

Well, that's about scary, and YUKKY at the same time! Gross!

Archived