Epic haven penthouse vs 2 bedroom penthouse

NJLVW

Title says it all. Looking for info if anyone has it on the difference between the haven penthouse S5 vs the 2 bedroom S4. Also, if anyone knows what is better the 16th or 17th deck. How about an opinion as to what is the best room? I tried looking at the deck plans and I am having a hard time trying to figure it out. On the Jewel class ship the difference would be just the 2nd bedroom. Not sure on the Epic as the pictures are quite different. Any help would be appreciated. Thinking of booking today coz of the extra OBC. Thank you in advance for any help I can get.

Norma

The Haven Penthouse is basically just one room. Didn't take a full tour but peeked in a couple, and they are nothing like the Haven 1 bedroom suites on other ships. The bed is large, there is no dining table or sofa, looked like a chair or two and small table. Only peeked into the bathroom, but it runs along one side, and I think it does not run the full length of the room, like maybe just a corner near the door end (wall was angled behind the bed). Pretty sure I remember that there was no separate tub and shower - they were the same (tub with shower in it) plus only a single sink. The balcony was larger than the 2 bedroom Penthouses; it spanned the whole room instead of just 1/2. The cabin itself seemed very small to me, but would be a great connected bedroom for the DOS.

We wanted starboard side and chose deck 17 so as not to be over the Garden Cafe, but ended up under a public sundeck with some noise early in the morning (7-8 am early, not 6am early :) ) Noise wasn't too bad.

Robin

The Haven Penthouse is basically just one room. Didn't take a full tour but peeked in a couple, and they are nothing like the Haven 1 bedroom suites on other ships. The bed is large, there is no dining table or sofa, looked like a chair or two and small table. Only peeked into the bathroom, but it runs along one side, and I think it does not run the full length of the room, like maybe just a corner near the door end (wall was angled behind the bed). Pretty sure I remember that there was no separate tub and shower - they were the same (tub with shower in it) plus only a single sink. The balcony was larger than the 2 bedroom Penthouses; it spanned the whole room instead of just 1/2. The cabin itself seemed very small to me, but would be a great connected bedroom for the DOS.

We wanted starboard side and chose deck 17 so as not to be over the Garden Cafe, but ended up under a public sundeck with some noise early in the morning (7-8 am early, not 6am early :) ) Noise wasn't too bad.

Robin

Thank you Robin. Did you have the 2 bedroom or the DOS?

Also, if anyone has any pictures I would really appreciate seeing them. I am probably going to find a way to justify the 2 bedroom just because I really like space..

Norma

Thank you Robin. Did you have the 2 bedroom or the DOS?

Also, if anyone has any pictures I would really appreciate seeing them. I am probably going to find a way to justify the 2 bedroom just because I really like space..

Norma

We had the two bedroom, just hubby and I. Wanted a DOS but they were all booked up. We don't really need the extra bedroom and bath, but hubby uses them when we are both getting ready at once and he stored all his clothes in there. Some slight improvements in the Two Bedroom over Jewel-class ships, most might not even notice them, but they have fine-tuned a few things. I'm with you, I love the two bedroom setup so much that any price difference is worth it- love the separate bedroom, the dining table, the bathroom and that amazing shower. Will be posting a full trip report later this week once I catch up with the reality of returning from vacation :D.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had the two bedroom, just hubby and I. Wanted a DOS but they were all booked up. We don't really need the extra bedroom and bath, but hubby uses them when we are both getting ready at once and he stored all his clothes in there. Some slight improvements in the Two Bedroom over Jewel-class ships, most might not even notice them, but they have fine-tuned a few things. I'm with you, I love the two bedroom setup so much that any price difference is worth it- love the separate bedroom, the dining table, the bathroom and that amazing shower. Will be posting a full trip report later this week once I catch up with the reality of returning from vacation :D.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to reading your review. I guess I need a little more info on the EPIC. I didn't book last night. Oh well I guess I missed out on the 100. OBC. I hope they have that promo again. We have been on the SUN love the aft suite, Dawn have had the OS & 2 bedroom actually prefer 2 bedroom & Jewel class ship. All alot smaller then the EPIC. If you or anyone can let me know what your feelings were who have been on the different ships I would like to hear your comparisons.

Thanx

Norma

I booked 16001 forward. 16001 and 17001 are wider/larger than the standard 2 bedroom Villa on Epic. There is a solarium but it is huge and almost like another room. The balconies on the other 2 bedrooms are on the small side.

I have stayed in a Villa Penthouse. It was beautiful but just too small. There is no eating area and no separate shower. But the big bed is nice

Here is a video of the suite I stayed in 17005. I love the forward view. The water coming right at you hypnotizes you.

Thanks for that video. Wow, that forward solarium is small! Our side balcony on the 2 bedroom felt as large or perhaps just a tiny bit larger than on Jewel class ships - we had two chairs, a table, and a lounger out there - the one in the penthouse video seems much narrower (but a bit longer). I too felt a feeling of "closeness" when viewing the PH, the bed seemed to take up most of the room - it really is much smaller than any penthouse on the Jewel class ships!

Robin

We had a 2 bedroom on the Epic - 17018 - we loved it ---the balcony was smaller than I expected though.

I am now leaning toward the 2 bedroom. Decision will now be deck 16 or 17..As much as we love sitting on our balcony I guess having the sundeck above us should be ok.

Norma

I booked 16001 forward. 16001 and 17001 are wider/larger than the standard 2 bedroom Villa on Epic. There is a solarium but it is huge and almost like another room. The balconies on the other 2 bedrooms are on the small side.

I have stayed in a Villa Penthouse. It was beautiful but just too small. There is no eating area and no separate shower. But the big bed is nice

Here is a video of the suite I stayed in 17005. I love the forward view. The water coming right at you hypnotizes you.

Thank you for the video. Makes my decision easier now. 2 bedroom Haven. Any thoughts on deck 16 or 17?

Norma

This is our video of almost the entire Haven on the Epic.

Jay

WOW!! Makes me want to go on the EPIC that much more. The Haven area looks wonderful. The suites looks beautiful. Do you know if there is a huge difference between deck 16 & 17?

Norma

WOW!! Makes me want to go on the EPIC that much more. The Haven area looks wonderful. The suites looks beautiful. Do you know if there is a huge difference between deck 16 & 17?

Norma

Not really much difference. Were wanted starboard side, so would either have sundeck above us (deck 17) or Garden Cafe below us (deck 16). Went with deck 17 - there was some noise up there at about 8am, maybe a bit earlier, but it was fine. Liked deck 17 because it was a shorter walk up to Posh, others might prefer deck 16 for shorter walk to pool and restaurant/bar.

Robin

We had the 2 bedroom on the 17th deck and loved it. We did hear some noises from above like Robin stated but it wasn't enough to keep us from booking it again. It was just DH and I but we enjoyed the space esp the seperate bedroom and living room. The balcony was smaller than expected but it was our first cruise so nothing to compare it to.

Looks like I am going with deck 16. Closer to restaurant...This way I get to go on the window elevator 2 floors to posh. Also decided on 2 bedroom. Which is what we usually have had on the Dawn. Can always use the extra space. Loved the courtyard on the Jewel and Haven looks well like heaven...Can't wait.

Thank you everyone for your imput. I so appreciate all the feedback.

Norma

Looks like I am going with deck 16. Closer to restaurant...This way I get to go on the window elevator 2 floors to posh. Also decided on 2 bedroom. Which is what we usually have had on the Dawn. Can always use the extra space. Loved the courtyard on the Jewel and Haven looks well like heaven...Can't wait.

Thank you everyone for your imput. I so appreciate all the feedback.

Norma

I also booked deck 16 (I formerly was on deck 17). Not a big deal but I am with you..... closer to the restaurant ;)

Archived