Grand cayman excursion

FB

We used Captain Marvins on our excursion, and had a blast. We would recommend them to all. Very nice boat, not to full, wonderful snorkeling, and the stingrays are not to miss.

If you have any questions please let me know

FB

We are on the Conquest (large ship w/ many passengers) May 19

Questions

Did you book ahead of time with secured reseverations?

we arrive at 7am I would like the 9:15 meet for the half day but don't think I'll get off the ship in time Which means the 2 hours snorkel.

Which package did you pick?

How long was the tender ride in?

Yes we booked ahead of time.

We were on NCL and they didn't use tender boats rather large boats from shore. We were on the first tender and had plenty of time to walk the block away. NCL has a ticket system they give numbers out in the lounge the earlier you get there the lower the number and the better the tender. We arrived in port @ 8:00 am so you whould have plenty of time arriving @ 7:00

You would have to check with your cruise line to see how long the tendering will take.

We booked thru shoretrips.com the 3 snorkel stop starting @ 9:15. $49.00 / person.

FB

Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip...this ole salty dog and family will book direct with Captain Marvin....the sting rays and reef tour is 34, it's 39 for an additional stop, but don't think we push that....

An oldie that loves Carnivals free atmosphere, been on em all but the older teenages we have enjoy:) Carnival too....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Trying to decide what to do on Grand Cayman when we arrive on Freedom of the Seas in October 2012. We were thinking about doing the Island Tour with a stop at Tiki Beach organised by Royal Caribbean. However, we also like the look of Rum Point. Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get to Rum Point and would it be bus/taxi? Also estimated cost. Also, what would be better - party consists of husband, wife, son (12) and daughter (10). Trying to get a nice balance between sight seeing and things for kids.

Welcome, we did the dolphin swim & turtle farm in Grand Cayman last year, you can buy the two as a deal, they are right across the road from eachother, we took a taxi from the port to the dolphin centre and a bus back, it was fantastic, however we did miss the opportunity to chill out at the beautiful beach, as we were a bit pushed for time at the end. Have a great trip.:)

Trying to decide what to do on Grand Cayman when we arrive on Freedom of the Seas in October 2012. We were thinking about doing the Island Tour with a stop at Tiki Beach organised by Royal Caribbean. However, we also like the look of Rum Point. Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get to Rum Point and would it be bus/taxi? Also estimated cost. Also, what would be better - party consists of husband, wife, son (12) and daughter (10). Trying to get a nice balance between sight seeing and things for kids.

The buses do not go to Rum Point, and others have said that taking a taxi is very expensive. It is about a 40 minute drive out there. The taxi then has to be called back out there when you are ready to be picked up. You need to either rent a car to go to Rum Point or go on an excursion that includes it as a stop.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering you want to balance sightseeing and kid things, Rum Point is a very picturesque beach area, but the kids would probably have more to see and do at the turtle farm. I believe Royal Caribbean offers a shore excursion that combines a singray sandbar trip with a "turtle swim" at the turtle farm. Carnival calls it something like "Stingray Encounter and Turtle Swim," but I'm not sure what Royal calls it. Anyway if you're choosing an excursion that includes the turtle farm, check to be sure that the entrance included is for the "entire park" admission because they have several things in addition to the turtle tanks, that the kids would probably like a lot. For example you can snorkel in a lagoon where they have several turtles swimming and lots of fish, you can feed birds that perch on your hand, swim under a waterfall, go in a waterslide, see sharks and barracuda, etc. Some of the tour packages don't include access to the whole park; they only include the turtle tanks part of the park, which is fun too, but there's more to see and do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived