just returned from Mariner of the seas 1st cruise with RCCL any questions?

Although I do not have any questions for you, but to say that I was on the Allure last week. When we were in Cozumel your ship was parked right next to us. We had a balcony cabin on the port side and faced your ship. It was awsome to give everyone a big send off wave when The Mariner left the dock before us. :)

What was your overall impression of the ship, the service, the food? How does it compare to other cruise lines?

the food service was good, stateroom attendant not good, very rude, and unfriendly, and it really got to me, that our luggage didnt arrive until 10p the 1st night, never had this happen on any cruise, so of course we didnt go to dinner that night since we were all in travel clothes and flip flops..that was kinda disappointing,

the food, was good! i loved all of it, nice choices and never got a funny look when we ordered 2 entrees or 2 or more appetizers, i wanted to try everything and being pregnant, well ,,, I did.

the only thing that disappointed a little was no hot soups offered each night and , no beef every night, im a red meat eater, and im use to at least 1 beef dish eachnight, they had the filet mignon if you wanted to pay for it . that was it for the beef.

weve been on many other lines they are all different in their own ways, and I like each one for different reasons,

the only cruiseline i would never sail again is NCL dont like freestyle, made the food quality bad in my opinion

this particular ship, i liked it, but its so big so alot of walking which again was tough on me since i am 5 months pregnant and I booked a room right in the front of the ship, which i kinda regret now,

but to me, a cruise is a cruise, they are all kinda the same,

as far as service, i would go for celebrity,

activites, carnival

rccl was good , but didnt stand out to me, i would never commit to just one line, i like to try them all.

i know each persons experience is different ,i booked this due to the ports and where it left from,

it was mostly an older crowd, everyone from texas, but they were all very very friendly love the texas people,

the shows were kinda blah, except the ice show, loved that, heard alot of people complaning about the shows,

i think the vibe on carnival is funner, more lively,

just my opinion though

Although I do not have any questions for you, but to say that I was on the Allure last week. When we were in Cozumel your ship was parked right next to us. We had a balcony cabin on the port side and faced your ship. It was awsome to give everyone a big send off wave when The Mariner left the dock before us. :)

it was like a parade of ships going out of there LOL!! 9 ships there that day! allure is huge! i have a nice pic of them next to each other

No beef every night? Every RC cruise I have been on offered a sirloin on the vitality menu. Did this change?

yeah they had that,i was just thinking of a better beef choice...something more creative each night... i was use to that on all our cruises.. :D

Interesting comments.

I guess it's probably difficult to vary the menus across a region, to account for regional tastes (e.g. Texans like their beef)...but what if cruises out of San Juan had more Latin food? Would people complain? Some would. Now, European cruises do have slightly different menus.

I have found the wide options available very good in the main dining room, so I've never had an issue.

I've been on one Celebrity cruise and it was awesome. There have been some hits and misses in different areas on a few cruises, but that's the way it goes.

Overall, I have been so happy with RCL I've never had a reason to cruise elsewhere.

Interesting comments.

I guess it's probably difficult to vary the menus across a region, to account for regional tastes (e.g. Texans like their beef)...but what if cruises out of San Juan had more Latin food? Would people complain? Some would. Now, European cruises do have slightly different menus.

I have found the wide options available very good in the main dining room, so I've never had an issue.

I've been on one Celebrity cruise and it was awesome. There have been some hits and misses in different areas on a few cruises, but that's the way it goes.

Overall, I have been so happy with RCL I've never had a reason to cruise elsewhere.

yeah any cruise to me is a good one. :O) i mostly book a cruise based on ports...

We are just off the Mariner as well and will post a full report in the member review section shortly but overall we thought it was a great cruise! Good food, great layout of the boat and very friendly staff as always. Ivan (bartender at the Sky Bar) took care of us the entire cruise and was entertaining and a good bartender too.

Be sure to go to Portofino's if you have the chance - AWESOME food and service - well worth the $20 fee.

Barbara

the food service was good, stateroom attendant not good, very rude, and unfriendly, and it really got to me, that our luggage didnt arrive until 10p the 1st night, never had this happen on any cruise, so of course we didnt go to dinner that night since we were all in travel clothes and flip flops..that was kinda disappointing,

the food, was good! i loved all of it, nice choices and never got a funny look when we ordered 2 entrees or 2 or more appetizers, i wanted to try everything and being pregnant, well ,,, I did.

the only thing that disappointed a little was no hot soups offered each night and , no beef every night, im a red meat eater, and im use to at least 1 beef dish eachnight, they had the filet mignon if you wanted to pay for it . that was it for the beef.

weve been on many other lines they are all different in their own ways, and I like each one for different reasons,

the only cruiseline i would never sail again is NCL dont like freestyle, made the food quality bad in my opinion

this particular ship, i liked it, but its so big so alot of walking which again was tough on me since i am 5 months pregnant and I booked a room right in the front of the ship, which i kinda regret now,

but to me, a cruise is a cruise, they are all kinda the same,

as far as service, i would go for celebrity,

activites, carnival

rccl was good , but didnt stand out to me, i would never commit to just one line, i like to try them all.

i know each persons experience is different ,i booked this due to the ports and where it left from,

it was mostly an older crowd, everyone from texas, but they were all very very friendly love the texas people,

the shows were kinda blah, except the ice show, loved that, heard alot of people complaning about the shows,

i think the vibe on carnival is funner, more lively,

just my opinion though

Thanks for the input!

• 2 weeks later...
You have to pay extra for Filet Mignon???

Is that in the main dining room? I thought everything there was included in the price except alcohol and soft drinks.

yeah its a dinner from their chops restaurant, that can be served to you in the main dining room

just another way to make some money 14.95 PP...

i never tried it, i heard it was good, but theres too many other good things on the menu that you dont have to pay extra for to chose from :O)

Archived