Carnival Sunshine???

big_duck

...and they chose Breakaway... :rolleyes:

I rolled my eyes the day they chose it and I will roll my eyes every time I see the name.

It sucks.

But will the name keep you from cruising on it

There were some fabulous names submitted for that ship by thousands of people...and they chose Breakaway... :rolleyes:

I rolled my eyes the day they chose it and I will roll my eyes every time I see the name.

It sucks.

I totally agree the name sucks, but the powers that be can just blame the passengers who picked that name and wash their hands of it. I also agree that there were likely good names submitted. For what it's worth the name I submitted (and probably 5000 others) was Escape. Anyway it makes me wonder if they didn't have that name picked out before the contest and used the contest to justify it. I just can't believe that there were people with so little imagination that they picked the project name as the name to submit.

and before it was posted by Heald??? :confused:

Definitely before. One of the first threads was posted around 6:18 a.m. (Carnival Sunshine itinerary 2013) JH had no postings on his facebook page when I left for work at 6:50 a.m. The new name and itinerary were posted on CCL's page before the brand ambassador made (or anyone else at CCL) made the official announcement at 8:30. Maybe 8:30 was picked because that's when JH gets out of bed!:)

Definitely before. One of the first threads was posted around 6:18 a.m. (Carnival Sunshine itinerary 2013) JH had no postings on his facebook page when I left for work at 6:50 a.m. The new name and itinerary were posted on CCL's page before the brand ambassador made (or anyone else at CCL) made the official announcement at 8:30. Maybe 8:30 was picked because that's when JH gets out of bed!:)

Well to be fair, 8:30 is what, 6:30 Galveston time?

I know I'm going to be the small minority here and I don't really understand why they are changing Destiny's name, but I don't HATE Sunshine:)

It is no more mundane than Dream, Magic and Breeze imo.

Funny thread though!!:p

Thank You! I thought the same, I seen that on my facebook page and was like "huh, a new ship", then seen its the destiny ship to be renamed..I really don't get it why? And yes the name is horrible!

But will the name keep you from cruising on it

:p

No...of course not.

The size might, but not the name.

Definitely before. One of the first threads was posted around 6:18 a.m. (Carnival Sunshine itinerary 2013) JH had no postings on his facebook page when I left for work at 6:50 a.m. The new name and itinerary were posted on CCL's page before the brand ambassador made (or anyone else at CCL) made the official announcement at 8:30. Maybe 8:30 was picked because that's when JH gets out of bed!

LMAO

Oh boy........:D

There were some fabulous names submitted for that ship by thousands of people...and they chose Breakaway... :rolleyes:

It sucks.

That happened to us in Montgomery with our minor league ball team and they selected "Biscuits"

Although after a lot of dropped jaws and eye rolling, it did start to catch on.

Of course, that wasn't a rename.

That happened to us in Montgomery with our minor league ball team and they selected "Biscuits"

LMAO!!! No WAY!

Biscuits???? :p

That is just horrible!! SO funny!!!

OMG - at least it wasn't biscuits and gravy for a name!!:D

I wonder if the Sunshines horn will play "Sunshine on my Shoulders" at sailaway. Or maybe "You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine." How about "Sunshine go away today." I actually like "I'm walkin' on Sunshine." Anyone else wanna play!

I wonder if the Sunshines horn will play "Sunshine on my Shoulders" at sailaway. Or maybe "You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine." How about "Sunshine go away today." I actually like "I'm walkin' on Sunshine." Anyone else wanna play!

I think it will be Sunshine of Your Love.

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

What happened to Greg?

Greg had a medical condition that prevented him from keeping his balance, so he couldn't perform and dance anymore. He was replaced by Sam a few years ago, Apparently Greg has been given the green light to rejoin the group, so Sam will be leaving to make way for Greg again.

What gives me the giggles is the fact that we knew about the "news" before all the people on the Bloggers 5 cruise right now. :p:D!

A lot of people have known for a loooong time. I was talking to my PVP a few days ago and he flat out asked me: "So what do you think of the Destiny becoming the Sunshine?". At the time, I didn't know what he was talking about, so I said "Whaaaaat?:confused:".

He went silent for about 20 seconds and then said "OMG, you're NOT supposed to know that yet. They'll be making the announcement on March 6th. Don't say anything! I totally slipped". I tried to get more details from him, but he was afraid to say anything else, but apparently other Carnival employees were more generous by releasing the information before it was supposed to.

OK, I just can't keep silent on this.

What dope smoking, tofu eating, tree hugging middle aged hippy beard came up with this beauty of a new name for the Carnival Destiny?

Will tie dye be mandatory on elegant night?

Will the house band be The Grateful Dead?

Will the funnel be reshaped into a peace sign?

Will there be a vegan specialty restaurant?

Well said, my friend! I just don't get it...maybe I should start smoking again and it will make sense;)

"When the moon is in the 7th house....and Jupiter aligns with Mars...."

We can all wear tie-dye to elegant night and I'll wear flowers in my hair :p

Precisely what came to my mind when I first saw it! GMTA!!!:D

Maybe instead of NOLA they should home port in San Francisco?

Now we're talkin...the West Coast has been crying for another ship...:rolleyes:

A lot of people have known for a loooong time. I was talking to my PVP a few days ago and he flat out asked me: "So what do you think of the Destiny becoming the Sunshine?". At the time, I didn't know what he was talking about, so I said "Whaaaaat?:confused:".

He went silent for about 20 seconds and then said "OMG, you're NOT supposed to know that yet. They'll be making the announcement on March 6th. Don't say anything! I totally slipped". I tried to get more details from him, but he was afraid to say anything else, but apparently other people were more generous by releasing the information before it was supposed to.

And you didn't tell us! ;) You could have named an anonymous source!:p

Yep, have to go with the consensus...absolutely horrible name!! Why change the name at all? Just do the upgrades and keep it the Destiny. JH said fantastic, super, (blah,blah,blah..) news? Really? I wouldn't say that at all. Don't get me wrong, I really like JH but he really seems to always go way overboard pumping everyone up for a big flat tire!!

And you didn't tell us! ;) You could have named an anonymous source!:p

He reeeeally freaked out when he slipped. I didn't want to post anything on Cruise Critic since the information wasn't supposed to be released yet, plus I really didn't have any details.:o

Archived