Carnival Sunshine???

big_duck

Corporations make failed business decisions all the time, be it a product change or the name change of a product.

Think along the lines of New Coke, Crystal Pepsi, Coors (the beer folks) Spring Water, LaserDiscs, Windows Vista,.....

Windows Vista?

The "problems" with Windows Vista were and are largely a public perception problem :)

-and of course trying to stick Vista into their old XP computers -like that was ever gonna work? :D

I've been happily using Windows Vista since mid-2008

and haven't yet mustered up the courage to change-up to Win.7

mainly because with every system update Vista gets better and better!

You would have been better off to say Windows ME -the real black sheep in the Microsoft bunch

Windows Vista?

The "problems" with Windows Vista were and are largely a public perception problem :)

-and of course trying to stick Vista into their old XP computers -like that was ever gonna work? :D

Precisely why Vista was a failure. Consumers were sick and tired of replacing perfectly good computer hardware just to support what should be the least invasive part of the computing experience.

At least Microsoft more or less learned their lesson and cut out most of the bloat with 7.

And 4 stops at Cafe du Monde.

Amen brother...lived in New Orleans and I remember my parents taking us to Cafe Du Monde in our PJs and visiting our favorite waiter...many years ago.

I was trying to figure out the Sunshine yesterday and wondered why I had not heard about this new ship...now I get it. :)

That would have been nice but it seems Mr.Arnison chose this name. And If we dont like it too bad per his tweet

OK...now I finally actually had to open a Twitter account...sheesh...and we all thought that day would never come! :D

(PS - It's still a stupid name for a ship and I don't really care that Mr. Arison thinks it's so wonderful.) :p

Why change the name? Smells like BS to me? Than to top it off the add those cabins to Deck 3 and 5. Now that is going to be a very crowded ship. Would I go on it Heck no. Way too many people And a name like that a big F. no! I think Carnival should change their name to "Carnival Greedy Bastard Cruise Line":eek:

I can understand not going on a ship due to crowd issues.....but a " big F no!" because of a name change? Really? Over reacting a bit arent we?:eek:

I can understand not going on a ship due to crowd issues.....but a " big F no!" because of a name change? Really? Over reacting a bit arent we?:eek:

"What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - Bill S.

Not certain why the name Sunshine is so repugnant to many. Certainly there are many other ships' names that can be criticized but does anyone really choose to cruise on a particular ship because of its name? If so, Breakaway and Getaway will never sail at capacity.:D Now Titanic, Concordia, and Allegra might be a different story.;)

I agree this ship will have a major renovation but it will not be like a new ship or stripped down to bare metal.

They only have 7 weeks to dry dock it and there is a limited amount of work that can be done in this short period of time.

really?! I never knew that. :rolleyes:

obviously I was referring to this ship in particular not Carnival as a whole.

Just so you are aware...this ship will also be doing European cruises...not just the Sunshiny Caribbean ports...definitely not a good name for a ship in Europe with possibly a little higher sophistication level:rolleyes:

So because you don't like the name they chose means it's a mistake?

I can understand if they put a bunch of restaurants on the ship with terrible food that no one liked...shows that nobody enjoys, etc....now that would be a mistake.

At the end of the day you (or other people complaining about the name) are going to cruise it eventually...and if not, it's really sad that you'd let a name prevent you from doing something you love doing.

The reason I will never sail this ship has little to do with the name...has everything to do with the addition of 180 cabins and removal of the aft lido pool and deck area. The world is crowded enough, no need to feel like sardines on a cruise.

Why does that not surprise me......

Man, I miss the old beards.

Me too. When John posted Micky's I-Don't-Care-What-You-Think tweet yesterday, I let him have it!;) When the higher ups stop caring, the business will ultimately fail.

I think it was last year, maybe the year before, Celebrity Cruises came out with a new advertising campaign that received such an immediate backlash from frequent guests and Cruise Critic members that they actually cancelled the new campaign within a couple of weeks. The CEO of Celebrity Cruises came on Cruise Critic and actually thanked everyone for their input. It was an amazing display of a company saying 'We made a mistake. Sorry.'

It's a shame Carnival can't step up to the plate and Mr. Arison admit the name is less than pleasing to the majority of Carnival guests.

One wonders why a company would be responsible for the death of their own ship.

It's not even the captain doing it this time.

With no prompting from me, even my 16 year old daughter thinks it's a stupid name.

But then again she is the type who throws up a little in her mouth at the thought of Justin Beiber.

Does a daddy proud it does. :D

The reason I will never sail this ship has little to do with the name...has everything to do with the addition of 180 cabins and removal of the aft lido pool and deck area. The world is crowded enough, no need to feel like sardines on a cruise.

Actually I think the Serenity area will be 3 times the size of the aft lido area. And the aft wasnt that great to hang out in the first place. Unless you were eating.

It had the kids running around getting pizza and ice cream jumping in the pools. It will be nice to have a place where the kids wont be.

Actually I think the Serenity area will be 3 times the size of the aft lido area. And the aft wasnt that great to hang out in the first place. Unless you were eating.

It had the kids running around getting pizza and ice cream jumping in the pools. It will be nice to have a place where the kids wont be.

This area looks like it will be very cool, the waterfall looks great to me. We spent a lot of time in the aft lido/pizza area when we had our tweens with us about 12 years ago, but we wouldn't be back there much if we were to sail Destiny now. For us it is a good thing but I can see where families wouldn't like this change as much..

LOL. The ship will smell of patchouli.

Instead of cabin doors they will have bead curtains.

Yep, beaded curtains for doors, lava lamps in every cabin, and deep pile shag carpeting, and furniture in deep purple velour fabric. Oh and I am sure the bathrooms will have lovely lime green and pink fixtures.

Sunshine, really?????:rolleyes:

They had to be smoking something at corporate when they came up with that. Destiny was a good name, leave it alone.

but I can see where families wouldn't like this change as much..

I can see that point and agree. But they are adding the waterworks/camp carnival complex on the old slider/upper buffet area that should help for the kids

And since Im too old to be adobted and those families arnt paying for my cruise I will enjoy the new Serenity area ..Chair hogs and all:D

Btw........ I would like to see that added to the Triumph as well and have a feeling they will next drydock

With no prompting from me, even my 16 year old daughter thinks it's a stupid name.

But then again she is the type who throws up a little in her mouth at the thought of Justin Beiber.

I knew your daughter would be cool..I just knew it. :D

I didn't care one way or another about the Carnival Sunshine, but I'm absolutely livid over Micky Arison and his telling his customers to eat a burger and shut the &@$? up. My disposable income will not be having a Guy's burger on a Carnival ship next year. A drop in the bucket for Mr. Arison, but I will spend my money where it's wanted.

She and my daughter would get along just fine!;) Especially if you throw Miley Cyrus in there...that's another ACK for her:D

The kids won't be there, but with all the crowding at main Lido, you KNOW the chair hogs will be out in full force on Serenity:eek:

If enough people complain about it to Carnival Corporate ...... maybe they will re-think the Name Change :rolleyes:

They'd have to rethink a whole lot more than that to get me on this ship...just sayin:p

Archived