Confusion on Yukon Railroad

indigosails

DH and I are cruising to Alaska this June with some friends who live in another part of the country. We have been discussing excursions via phone and email.

WE (DH and I) want to take an excursion on the train that goes to Klondike Summit plus some other places afterward (e.g. Red Onion Saloon). The girls want to take a different excursion--it is on a train too, but has other attractions attached to it. I tried to explain to them that we could all be together for the train part, because there is only one train, and THEN we'd get taken to our respective add-ons.

They don't think that's possible. Now I'm second-guessing my old, withered brain. Maybe I'm wrong:eek:. I know I read it on this board that there is only one train (Chilkoot Charters was mentioned), but maybe I misinterpreted it.

Can you help us clear this up? Many thanks.

Indigo

DH and I are cruising to Alaska this June with some friends who live in another part of the country. We have been discussing excursions via phone and email.

WE (DH and I) want to take an excursion on the train that goes to Klondike Summit plus some other places afterward (e.g. Red Onion Saloon). The girls want to take a different excursion--it is on a train too, but has other attractions attached to it. I tried to explain to them that we could all be together for the train part, because there is only one train, and THEN we'd get taken to our respective add-ons.

They don't think that's possible. Now I'm second-guessing my old, withered brain. Maybe I'm wrong:eek:. I know I read it on this board that there is only one train (Chilkoot Charters was mentioned), but maybe I misinterpreted it.

Can you help us clear this up? Many thanks.

Indigo

It may not be possible, there are multiple trains leaving all day long, cars are separate depending on the tours. It is the White Pass Summnit. The Red Onion, is easily walked to and you don't need any add on tour from the train. It is also a free look or a $5 "upstairs" tour. Nothing more is needed.

Archived