Destiny of the Seas?

You are contradicting yourself somewhat there.... Norwegian have thought outside the box with Breakaway and Getaway, going away from the stereotypical cruise ship names and going for a more resort feel... (I can imagine the "Hyatt Breakaway Resort St Lucia" or something like that....) and are being criticized for it. I suppose you just can't win.

They may be thinking outside the box (way outside in this instance) but coming up with names such as those two is not IMHO being "creative" in the best sense of the word. I do think that these are two names that are unlikely to be copied by any other cruiseline so I will grant them that, for what it is worth.:)

Wow. This is the first I heard about this. What the heck is Carnival thinking? Wasn't Destiny a groundbreaker when it first came out as far as her size? Actually yes, I just Googled it and she was the first over 100,000 GT. Why would they want to change the name of a ship that has that great honor?

I've read a lot of very bad reviews about Destiny.....poor design, crowded ship, etc. Are they trying to clear it's bad reputation by giving it a new name? If so, wouldn't adding all those new rooms make it worse? I'm a little baffled by this one.

It's just weird. And their website is reads "Intoducing Carnival Sunshine- Debuting April 2013"...Very misleading!

It's just weird. And their website is reads "Intoducing Carnival Sunshine- Debuting April 2013"...Very misleading!

That's the other thing that really bothers me (aside from the changes themselves). They could rename the ship Carnival Pigsty for all I care... but I don't like how deceptive they're being about it on their website in marketing it like its a brand new ship.

That's the other thing that really bothers me (aside from the changes themselves). They could rename the ship Carnival Pigsty for all I care... but I don't like how deceptive they're being about it on their website in marketing it like its a brand new ship.

This is the best:

"If someone tells you that there’s nothing new under the sun, tell them to get aboard Carnival Sunshine! Launching in spring 2013, our newest “Fun Ship” cruising experience will be jam-packed with everything new, everything fun, everywhere you look.

When Carnival Sunshine launches in April 2013, you can enjoy all this for a season of 9 and 12 day Mediterranean sailings… followed by Caribbean voyages year-round from her home port of New Orleans, starting in November 2013.

This is the best:

"If someone tells you that there’s nothing new under the sun, tell them to get aboard Carnival Sunshine! Launching in spring 2013, our newest “Fun Ship” cruising experience will be jam-packed (ESPECIALLY PASSENGERS) with everything new, everything fun, everywhere you look.

When Carnival Sunshine launches in April 2013, you can enjoy all this for a season of 9 and 12 day Mediterranean sailings… followed by Caribbean voyages year-round from her home port of New Orleans, starting in November 2013.

I fixed it for Carnival. Need to send it back to them to re-post:D.

Gregg

Is the Destiny really that bad??? Or is Carnival renaming her because they don't have any new ships in 2013 and they want the public to think they're building a new ship? Because that's what most people are going to think when they see "Launching in spring 2013". I bet that's exactly what Carnival is trying to do. I hope they get in trouble for this...

Renaming her and telling the public she's a new ship is just plain wrong. :mad:

Does anyone know the reason for this? Is this the first of many name changes.....maybe trying to re-image by going to a series of more tranquil names like Dream and Breeze?

I don't think anyone knows the reason behind this but there is an interesting thread over on the Carnival board now about the rebranding of this ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1588871

I always was under the impression that even the Carnival cheerleaders were less then happy with the Destiny and that the ship was the poorest rated in their fleet.

So, solution is to rename it and cram hundreds of additional people on it.:eek::D:eek:

I always was under the impression that even the Carnival cheerleaders were less then happy with the Destiny and that the ship was the poorest rated in their fleet.

So, solution is to rename it and cram hundreds of additional people on it.:eek::D:eek:

Carnival has an inability to separate crowds, and I am confident the Canrival Sunshine is going to be a mess. I cruised the Destiny when she was in PR and I did not like that ship. The new serenity area looks nice, but the artist rendering doesn't reflect the shoulder-to-shoulder people that will be there.

Archived