Vancouver Airport Meeting Area

My friends are flying in from Ohio (we're coming from California) and we need a place to meet in the International Terminal. I was going to suggest the Haida Gwaii sculpture but isn't that in the departures side? Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Indigo

Yes you will exit from C&E into a mob and usually very busy place. Some seating in the back of the outside the secure area I seem to recall.

If there is any amount of time between your arrivals I suggest the Sculpture area which is directly upstairs from your arrival point would be fine. First arrived party can guard luggage with someone while the other forages. Couple of restaurants and eating area's nearby there also. (with view of the Sculpture)

My friends are flying in from Ohio (we're coming from California) and we need a place to meet in the International Terminal. I was going to suggest the Haida Gwaii sculpture but isn't that in the departures side? Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Indigo

There's a meeting room as you exit the Immigration/Customs area, with seating, a Tim Hortons, and an (i)nformation booth. look for the big (i) Also info on buses/taxis/transfers, and the taxis/Skytrain are right outside the door. This avoids having to go elsewhere within the airport.

For groups of people arriving on international flights, this is probably the easiest.

Here's a photo of the last set of doors you go through (from the waiting area side) , note the information booth on the right (which is accessible from inside and outside the secure area).

https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371844292442381714

https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371844292442381714

Archived