Silhoutte cabins Cat 2C & 2D

fun2cruise

Has anyone sailed in these categories before, the cabins are located on Deck 6. We heard they have an obstructed view with lifeboats. The agent said you can sit on the balcony but you see the life boats. Does anyone know how obstructed these balcony cabins are? Thanks

In general with the 2D's the lifeboats rise to about waist high (while standing up), so while sitting on your balcony you would not have much of a view. With the 2C's the lifeboats only come up to just above floor level of your balcony. There are some differences within 2C and 2D (i.e. in a handful of these staterooms the obstruction is something other than a lifeboat) and it varies from stateroom to stateroom whether the obstruction runs the entire length of your balcony, or just a portion. I would not mind a 2C if the savings was great, but would rather not sail in a 2D. Some of the 2C's are even desirable in that they have large balconies (i.e. 6240). One other thing to keep in mind, if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke stay away from a sixth floor stateroom near midship on the port (left) side (rooms ending in an odd number) as they are just above a public smoking area.

Edited by Gonzo70

In general with the 2D's the lifeboats rise to about waist high (while standing up), so while sitting on your balcony you would not have much of a view. With the 2C's the lifeboats only come up to just above floor level of your balcony. There are some differences within 2C and 2D (i.e. in a handful of these staterooms the obstruction is something other than a lifeboat) and it varies from stateroom to stateroom whether the obstruction runs the entire length of your balcony, or just a portion. I would not mind a 2C if the savings was great, but would rather not sail in a 2D. Some of the 2C's are even desirable in that they have large balconies (i.e. 6240). One other thing to keep in mind, if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke stay away from a sixth floor stateroom near midship on the port (left) side (rooms ending in an odd number) as they are just above a public smoking area.

TO FUN2CRUISE,

As always, GONZO70 is a wealth of great info...

If you have particular cabin numbers in mind, then I suggest that you can find out more specific info on them by any of the following methods.

1- Check the STICKY at the top of this the CC CELEBRITY BOARD on Solstice Class Ships Accommodations... the Silhouette is an S-Class Ship

2- Do a BOARD SEARCH on those cabin numbers (one at a time) to see if there are any past postings or pictures

3- Check the REVIEWS Section here on CC ... you can see what Cabins have been commented on

4- Do a GOOGLE SEARCH for these cabin numbers (Celebrity Silhouette # ____) to see if there is info elsewhere on the web (sometimes on other Cruise Discussion Websites)

5- Post the cabin numbers you are looking at here, to see if anyone has first hand knowledge.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We have cat 2C 6267 is it a large or small boat under our cabin?

Do you know?

thanks, sheba2008

HI SHEBA2008,

Cabin # 6267 is on the port side of the ship aft of "the hump".

Suggest you take a look at both a Deck Plan, as well as using GOOGLE to find a good picture of the Ship from the side.

The picture that ROBTULIPE has provide below is of the Starboard side and these lifeboats are the ones between "the bump" and "the hump" on the ship. (You can tell this, figure it out if you look at a picture of the side of one of the S-Class Ships)

The right hand side of this photo is towards the front / bow / Bridge of the ship.

The left hand side of this photo is towards the back / aft.

Where your cabin is (not in this picture)... the lifeboats past "the hump" will be all of the smaller variety like the ones in this photo (orange tops) and there are 5 of them in total. Your cabin # 6267 will be patially obstructed by one of them.

The 2D balconies are behind the larger tenders and the 2C behind the regular lifeboats.

SolsticeSide03.jpg

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful,

Cheers!

Hi, We are in 6150 and are concerned that we have obstructed view when we were told we would be ok. Do you have any info on this for us we sail 3/29. Thanks sp much!

You must be on Sihouette and that Solstice class ship has two more lifeboats, located on either side of the rear of the front jump section, than the others. Cabin 6150 overlooks the first starboard side lifeboat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=225412&d=1331599770

Silhouette6150.jpg.2537a7a150a51438846c81e5095c49cf.jpg

Thanks for all the fantastic information. We are about to change from an oceanview to a balcony.Offered 6190 which is a 2D. From that great photo I can assume a bigger life boat will be in front of us. It is on starboard so I hope it will be away from the smoking area.

Also on offer is 6126 unobstructed. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sandra

We had 6190 on the Silly in January. It was fine. There is a space between the two lifeboats that allows you to look straight down. You indicate you are moving from an oceanview. Any cabin with a balcony is fine. Seriously think about how much time you will actually spend on your balcony if it is a port intensive cruise. Also, we left from Bayonne, balcony was not usable for the first/last days. Don't hesitate to take this cabin