Vancouver Tours

MaryEllen1952

booking our tour on the website bcpassport.com. We took the Grouse Mtn and Capilano Suspension Bridge tour. They picked us up from our hotel and then dropped us back off. Also, they took our reservation (made about two weeks before we left for the cruise) and they wouldn't take our credit card until we got on the tour (which we scheduled for the day we returned from the cruise). If we had had to cancel the tour, we wouldn't have been out any money! The driver was informative and entertaining. I got recommendations from some Vancouver residents here on Cruise Critic about the tour company before I booked the tour.

Enjoy Vancouver!

For downtown Vancover - the hop on hop off bus offers nice stops - if of interest, best of all- allows a bit of freedom. :) I have gone to the above mentioned spots too with a rental car. Well worth the time. :)

Hi-

Got some information at our hotel and booked a Greyline tour---- even got a AAA discount----we were picked up and dropped off at our hotel----

Enjoy whatever you choose-- Vancouver is a wonderful place

Cheers

April

i have used the tour company i mentioned above. they are wonderful and really enjoy their work. i am going to use them again when i go back to vancouver next month. dont be afraid to use them. the grouse mt and suspenion bridge tour is great too.

We used the above mentioned tour company last year (a group of 15) and had a great time. It's a great way to see the highlights of the city in a short amount of time. The tour bus picked us up in the morning, 3.5 hour tour and then dropped us off at the cruise ship terminal. Our cousins had used the same company a couple of days earlier for the Victoria/Butchart Gardens tour and loved it.

The bus only holds a maximum of 24 passengers, so you do get personal experience and feedback from the driver. Our driver was a young man who lived in Vancouver and had a lot of personal knowledge of the city. He was telling us about drug problems in one area of the city during the drive and right before our eyes, we witnessed a drug sale. It was as if it had been scripted, though a sad situation, it was kind of funny that it happened right then. I have to say the majority of the city I would walk and feel very safe. My two teenagers and I were alone the day prior and had a great time walking around Granville Island and Chinatown by ourselves.

I think it depends on how much time you have in Vancouver. If you have more than a couple of days, self tours may be the way to go, since you would have more time to explore each area. Several in our group arrived just the night before our cruise, the reason we chose the city tour.

What ever you choose to do, have a wonderful visit in Vancouver, it is a beautiful city. One of my very favorite cruise pictures is of the skyline of Vancouver on the last morning of our cruise.

Archived