Carnival is Being VERY Misleading with Sunshine

cdamion

According to CCL, the number of passengers is going up to 3006, almost 400 people more.

However, the number of crew will NOT change, it will remain at 1040.

Now, my question for all the CCL cheerleaders out there who think Wizard Fun Ship Freddy will make extra deck space and all will not fill crowded, here is is:

With almost 400 more people on board and no change in staffing, how will service NOT suffer?

Sounds like a valid question there.

Good if you give a rats azzzz then don't cruise on the Sunshine. Then there will 599 new pasengers. I have no doubt all ya'll who are complaining about the "deception" will be on her when she is in New Orleans Fall of 2013. I know I will. Life is to short to worry about this.....

Why do you folks take it so personally that some of us have an opinion on here that doesn't say that "Carnival is just the bestest ever?"

I won't be on Sunshine, not because of the website, but because of the crowds (at least until reviews come back saying that the design makes a big difference with passenger flow).

I am not worried about this, I am commenting on here in my spare time as I impatiently await my Splendor cruise in two very long weeks.

No, but we have booked our cabin for the first sailing out of New Orleans. I can't wait to sail on the Carnival Sunshine and experience these new things.:)

Have fun on the 'new' ship - such a long wait though! I see in your signature line you have been on Destiny a couple of times, so it will be interesting to hear how much different it is with the new non-Farcus decor and completely revamped passenger flow with two promenade decks, not to mention Serenity.

While I have serious concerns about crowding, I think that she is going to look so much nicer than Destiny does now (and I like Destiny).

Well said WeBe.... I just look that there's a lot less whiners on the Sunshine so maybe we'll have more fun now :) I'm really looking forward to sailing on her and just looking for a date that works in my schedule. Dec 2013 7 day sailing with balcony for $669 looks like a pretty good deal.

I'm also looking forward to sailing on the Sunshine as soon as I can work it out. It sounds great!:)

They are bringing on more staff and replacing the lifeboats with larger ones

With double-occupancy passenger capacity increasing from about 2,600 to 3,000, Rodriguez noted that the ship will be outfitted with larger lifeboats, and that during the drydocking, all systems will be upgraded, including fire detection and suppression systems, in addition to bridge and navigation systems.

More crew will be joining the ship, mostly for positions in the new dining and bar venues, meaning additional crew cabins as well.

According to CCL,staffing will not change- see for yourself:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

Note the number for staffing (1040) is the same as it is now.

A post from earlier in the thread seems to say otherwise. Now who this Rodriguez is, I don't know.

Gregg

Yes, we DO know how crowded it will be and these are not assumptions, they are conclusions.

Behaviorists will tell you that violence increases when you crowd people together. .

And all "conclusions" are always true? I have to scoff at your "logic". Even if there are more people on the ship, traffic patterns and the ship's layout and organization will determine the passengers' "perception" of whether it's too crowded or not. And we won't be able to do that until the ship is in service.

As for trying to scare us that we'll suffer physical violence, if not death, if there are 600 more people on the ship, that comment verges on the lunacy where Chicken Little screamed that the sky was falling.

And, out of curiosity is the figure of 600 extra people in the same amount of space an actual fact, or another of your "conclusions"? :D:rolleyes::D

And all "conclusions" are always true? I have to scoff at your "logic". Even if there are more people on the ship' date=' traffic patterns and the ship's layout and organization will determine the passengers' "perception" of whether it's too crowded or not. And we won't be able to do that until the ship is in service.

As for trying to scare us that we'll suffer physical violence, if not death, if there are 600 more people on the ship verges on the lunacy where Chicken Little screamed that the sky was falling.

And, out of curiosity is the figure of 600 extra people in the same amount of space an actual fact, or another of your "conclusions"? :D:rolleyes::D[/quote']

600 (plus upper berths) of extra people is an actual fact. The ship's length and width not changing is a fact. The extra 1/3 of deck space (that will be filled with cabins) is a fact. The lost showroom space that will be filled with cabins is a fact. The loss of the aft lounges/piano bar/jazz club space to cabins is a fact.

Nobody is trying to scare you or prevent anybody from sailing on her. We are stating our review of the facts and reaching a conclusion - and no maybe we are all wrong. Hopefully we are all wrong.

In your condescending post you make a valid point about the traffic patterns, layout and organization changing people's perception about crowding. Hopefully this is the case.

I truly don't get your tone though. You continue to be hostile just because people don't agree with you? What is the point of that?

My way of thinking is based upon intelligence' date=' the ability to read and understand that which I read and more than a modicum of common sense. :p:D:p[/quote']

...you skipped the part about your inane need to attack anybody that doesn't share your opinion.

My way of thinking is based upon intelligence' date=' the ability to read and understand that which I read and more than a modicum of common sense. :p:D:p[/quote']

Common sense? This makes NO sense. What you said about an official announcement had nothing to do with the OP about Carnival's WEBSITE. I thought I already explained that...:rolleyes:

...you skipped the part about your inane need to attack anybody that doesn't share your opinion.

I guess that's another of your "infallible conclusions". :D You don't know me, which makes you totally unqualified to assess whether or not I suffer from the psychological existence of an "inane need" on my part and you're accusing me of attacking anyone who doesn't share my opinion, yet you fail to provide facts or evidence to prove whether or not such a blanket assumption and accusation is warranted. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone (except possibly me) has been "attacked". I made an observation that, in my opinion, there seemed to be an unprecedented amount of collective whining, nit-picking and obsession on this thread over assumptions which can't be proved until the Sunshine has actually sailed

And I think that people who obsess over such things need to get a more productive life or "hobby" as one poster put it. That is my opinion, to which I have a right. :)

I guess that's another of your "infallible conclusions". :D You don't know me' date=' which makes you totally unqualified to assess whether or not I suffer from the psychological existence of an "inane need" on my part and you're accusing me of attacking anyone who doesn't share my opinion, yet you fail to provide facts or evidence to prove whether or not such a blanket assumption and accusation is warranted. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone (except possibly me) has been "attacked". I made an observation that, in my opinion, there seemed to be an unprecedented amount of collective whining, nit-picking and obsession on this thread over assumptions which can't be proved until the Sunshine has actually sailed

And I think that people who obsess over such things need to get a more productive life or "hobby" as one poster put it. That is my opinion, to which I have a right. :)[/quote']

"Attacked" was a strong word. You have been pretty hostile though from your first post in this thread. I don't know you, but the evidence you give by your writings would lead one to believe that you are pretty arrogant, at least as you are safely anonymous behind your computer. This is based upon the limited information that you yourself present.

As to your opinion - everybody else posting on here as just as much right to an opinion or hobby as you - but then again you don't seem to realize that.

You still never posted your opinion regarding how Carnival is presenting Sunshine on its website (not FB) - which is the original topic of this thread. Do you think they are being misleading or is it simply savvy marketing... or do you have a different thought?

And I think that people who obsess over such things need to get a more productive life or "hobby" as one poster put it. That is my opinion' date=' to which I have a right. :)[/quote']

Are you kidding me?? Who the heck are you to judge how I spend some of my spare time?? I will repeat myself again...I do not obsess in any way, shape or form about any cruise related issue that I discuss on these boards.

More productive? and this coming from someone with 18000+ points. Absolutely ridiculous!

Yet other posts on here show actual figures which put it at 400 rather than 600. :confused:

Allen' date=' have you looked at the website?

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

The "New" Pax capcity is clearly stated. The only "New ships" presented are the Sunshine and the Magic. No other recently refurbished ship is listed as new.

They should at least have fine Print like this:

NEWname

Are you kidding me?? Who the heck are you to judge how I spend some of my spare time?? I will repeat myself again...I do not obsess in any way, shape or form about any cruise related issue that I discuss on these boards.

More productive? and this coming from someone with 18000+ points. Absolutely ridiculous!

Come on now. Stop it. You know that he has a right to his opinion (and you do not).:rolleyes:

"Attacked" was a strong word. You have been pretty hostile though from your first post in this thread. I don't know you, but the evidence you give by your writings would lead one to believe that you are pretty arrogant, at least as you are safely anonymous behind your computer.

I think the word "attacked" is warranted when I'm called "hostile" and "arrogant" and characterized as a coward hiding anonymously behind a keyboard... and that was just in your most recent post. :D

I'm not going to waste any more of my time with you and your little friends. I think you've pretty much proved my points and I have better things to do than bicker back forth with you. I voiced my opinion of this thread and how it had devolved into such utter negativism and I was attacked and flamed for having an opinion which you and several others didn't approve of, so all I can say at this point is "Have a nice life.... if you ever get one." :D

I think the word "attacked" is warranted when I'm called "hostile"' date=' "arrogant" and characterized as a coward hiding anonymously behind a keyboard... and that was just in your most recent post. :D

I'm not going to waste any more of my time with you and your little friends. I think you've pretty much proved my points and I have better things to do than bicker back forth with you. I voiced my opinion of this thread and how it had devolved into such utter negativism and I was attacked and flamed for having an opinion which you and several others didn't approve of, so all I can say at this point is "Have a nice life.... if you ever get one." :D[/quote']

I was actually referring to my use of the word "attacked", not yours. I was saying that I was too strong in using it, but with this post I was right in the first place.

Do you sincerely believe that you are not the one that brought the negativism? This thread had very little negativism until you started being judgmental against everybody.

Re read this very post that you wrote. Who is attacking who? Who is being negative? When did anybody ever tell you to go get a life? I actually said in one of my posts that you raised a very good point and that I hope you are right (oh the horror!).

You have now provided enough facts to draw a conclusion that you do have psychological issues - and yes this is now a flame.

EDIT: Also, my point about being behind the keyboard was not calling you a coward. My point is that when people are behind a keyboard they are very different than if I was to share a table with them in the MDR. At least I hope you wouldn't sit there at a table and tell people to get a life and tell them their opinions are wrong during a dinner conversation. But then again, thinking you are actually a friendly person when face to face may be another one of my very flawed 'infallible conclusions'.

I think you are just trying to find something to complain about. If you don't like the retrofit/new ship don't go on it. I personally think it is great they are updating their ships.

They made it perfectly clear that it is what it is. Did you read the article???:confused:

They made it perfectly clear that it is what it is. Did you read the article???:confused:

We are talking about Carnival's website. Not any article or FB. Just Carnival.com.

Carnival.com is making it look like it is an entirely new ship.

The executives are absolutely not trying to hide the fact it is Destiny in any articles or anything.

Archived