Carnival is Being VERY Misleading with Sunshine

cdamion

I appreciate this thread. I thought Sunshine was a new ship--now that I have read this thread, I can make an informed decision. We aer debating Sunshine vs. NCL Epic, but we will probably sail on the Sunshine for the Med. We have 3 teens, so the Burrito and Burger places will appeal to them more than the buffet. When we crusie in Europe, we rarely go to a show, as we are too tired from touring during the day. We also rarely use the pool. So, anticipating a more crowded ship gives us a realistic expectation, rather than being disappointed when we get onboard.

Enjoy the cruise!!! When I started this thread it was only to give people information, not to dissuade them or anything. You know what we wrote and you are headed on knowing what possibly to expect. It is still sure to be a fantastic time. Please come back here and write a review because everybody will sure be curious to hear about all the new changes.

Have fun!!!

. You know what we wrote and you are headed on knowing what possibly to expect. It is still sure to be a fantastic time. Please come back here and write a review because everybody will sure be curious to hear about all the new changes.

Have fun!!!

Bingo!!

How nice that people here who book this ship know what they are buying. In my opinion this will likely ensure them a better time. No surprises...the only possibility of surprise will be if people are prepared for a little crowding, but (if for some reason the layout works well) they wind up not feeling crowded, then the surprise will be a good one. :):)

To me, it's a win-win. Knowledge is power.

And if the ship is crowded, :( and people who didn't know (because they didn't find Cruise critic before sailing) come here to complain, they will wind up getting bashed by the same posters who currently feel we shouldn't be posting how all those hundreds of extra people may crowd the ship, but yet they will tell them how it was commom knowledge on these boards back in March.

Mark my words......:rolleyes:

The artist's rendering of the Serenity area intrigues me. The extra people on board and the smaller passenger space ratio do not. If I book her in the future I will always have my balcony to escape to.;)

I am curious about the 3 shows per night. Can the dancers and singers perform 3 shows each night of the same type we are used to, or are the shows going to be changed?

personally, i think they used monkeys once again to make decisions.

the 5 o'clock show should be a matinee and play early afternoon, the 7:45 is too early ever since the service in the mdr hit the skids, as i find myself later ad later in there for dinner.

i suspect the same thing fo the late show, but we don't do late seating nor the late show.

32936287]Just received an email from Carnival today advertising the "New" Carnival Sunshine and it's "debut" date. Not one mention of it really being a refurbed and un-improved Carnival Destiny.
I Recieved the same e-mail -it is even more misleading than the website. I thought the website might have just been an unitentional streatch- and it is a passive media. But there is no question that the e-mail's wording is an intentional. Carnival's marketing department is actively misleading potential customers.

I really like Majesty over on RCI. It has a worse passenger space ratio than Destiny' date=' but to me feels less crowded. Im hoping the design can overcome the additional passengers. We'll see.[/quote']

I beleive that's because the standard inside and OV cabins on the older RCI ships were 110sqft vs the 185sqft that has beeen Carnival's standard. Loved the public spaces on the Empress OTS - but cabin was tiny. Glass helps too.

And if the ship is crowded, :( and people who didn't know (because they didn't find Cruise critic before sailing) come here to complain, they will wind up getting bashed by the same posters who currently feel we shouldn't be posting how all those hundreds of extra people may crowd the ship, but yet they will tell them how it was commom knowledge on these boards back in March.

I can totally see this happening!

OK, I'm placing all my betting chips along with halos' for the Win. :D

Has anyone booked yet for any of the Sunshine's Med cruises or transatlantic cruise coming back to New Orleans????

DH and I are! I love the itinerary for the Med. Very similar to our Magic cruise last October.

We are doing the 10.20 Med cruise and the TA immediately after. I'd rather cruise than endure the flight in that crowded airplane.:D

Can't wait!

Bingo!!

How nice that people here who book this ship know what they are buying. In my opinion this will likely ensure them a better time. No surprises...the only possibility of surprise will be if people are prepared for a little crowding, but (if for some reason the layout works well) they wind up not feeling crowded, then the surprise will be a good one. :):)

To me, it's a win-win. Knowledge is power.

I agree with Halos.

Couldn't possibly end up more crowded than the Dream!

hmm funny I didn't find the Dream crowded. Sure there were tons of people at the pools on lido, but I don't think that's rare on a cruise! ;) The longest we waited for food was about 5 mins at the deli and maybe about the same at the Lanai BBQ.

• 2 weeks later...
Look at their site. They are marketing it as if it is a brand new ship. It is listed under the fleet separate from Destiny. On the page about the Sunshine, it mentions nothing about being a retrofit. They get around it by calling it a 'new funship experience'

Granted, that very much will be new inside (and on top), the fact is that this is going to be the most crowded Carnival ship in the entire fleet. With the extra deck added, the size will be very similar to Triumph and Victory, but with significantly more passengers - and reduced MDR and theater seating.

I have no doubt that the ship will look amazing and will feel new, but they are really being misleading to a public that doesn't know any better.

The Bastards!!!

Couldn't possibly end up more crowded than the Dream!

Aint' that the truth!

I think this project is a terrible idea. I have never been on a ship that was increased in size and population that turned out well. Adding a bunch of rooms without having the ability to expand all of the public venues just does not work, especially on a ship that is already crowded as it is now.

I'll wait until the reviews start coming in to pass final judgment, but as it is now, I do not ever anticipate going on this ship.

Archived