Carnival is Being VERY Misleading with Sunshine

cdamion

rotflmao

I just don't get it. A lot of people have been on the Destiny and love her. So what was the big deal with them upgrading her and giving her a new name. I never ever pick a cruise on name alone. Always for where it is going and the price. Plain a simple.

Glad I could make you laugh today!!

And while we are on the subject, somebody needs to have a talk with New Mexico and New Hampshire state government officials... there is nothing new about those states at all!! So deceptive >:/

My strongly worded letters to them went unanswered.;)

Well, I'm a n00b, and I didn't know it was the Destiny. All I know is that the full-windowed Oceanview rooms look nice and Serenity ... *faints*. I wish Serenity looked like that on the Breeze! :eek:

Will my bed be the same size as before it was a NEW Ship?

Will my bar stool be the same size? Will my toliet seat be the same size as before? And the Balcony will it be the same size as before? If so bring on the New/Old Carnival Sunshine, Sunrise or Sunset.

It will be a new experience. Call it a renovated/new/redone or what ever.

I'm looking a dates to sail the OLD/NEW Ship.

leedm:D:D:):););)

I am sure your standard form letter response will arrive shortly, lolol.

(this is fun, I love people with a good sense of humor)

We should all have a sense of humor.

I posted my opinion. Others don't agree. So be it. Too many folks take things personally on here.

I don't prefer crowded ships, yet Im on Splendor in the middle of Southern California's spring break. I will still go and have a blast (and wave at kelzbelz77 who didn't know she'd see me in 3 weeks)

It reminds me of the Fantasy Class upgrade they did. They added the Waterworks, took out the basketball :mad:, added Mongolian, Sushi, and probably other food stations, and they added more people per room too by adding the BORG-ish cube they stuck in the middle to create balconies.

Yes, a nice overhaul but you can still tell they are old ships. The difference being they are actually adding two decks but still an old ship.

Yes, most of the ads look like it's a new ship while Disney and RCI and NCL are buying new ships.

Not sure which makes more business sense, given their bad press. Maybe they don't want to add any more ships right now. I hope it's not a PR mistake.

How did Carnival add people per room by adding the balconies? The Fantasy class ships all hold the same amount of people, regardless if they have the balconies or not. The balconies were added to existing rooms, so there were no more pax added.

I have seen some rebuilt cars go for more money and look better than they did when they were new.

Ya for sure, absolutely! And I am sure after Destiny is rebuilt she will look better too. But I'm also sure those cars weren't advertized as new, but rather restored.

I was just agreeing with the OP...looking at the write-up about her on carnival's website, I wouldn't be surprised if people who do not follow the cruise industry think she will be brand new.

We should all have a sense of humor.

I posted my opinion. Others don't agree. So be it. Too many folks take things personally on here.

I don't prefer crowded ships, yet Im on Splendor in the middle of Southern California's spring break. I will still go and have a blast (and wave at kelzbelz77 who didn't know she'd see me in 3 weeks)

*Waving*

;)

To those that don't think that Sunshine will be a crowded ship another thing to think about:

Sunshine will have more passengers than the Conquest class and the same as the Splendor, but is almost 60 feet shorter. How is it not going to be more crowded?

Here are the stats:

Destiny:

Length: 896ft Beam: 118ft Decks: 12 Tonnage: 101k Pax: 2642 (dbl)

Sunshine:

Length: 896ft Beam: 118ft Decks:13 Tonnage: 102k (guess) Pax: 3006 (dbl)

Conquest Class:

Length: 953ft Beam: 116ft Decks:13 Tonnage: 110k Pax: 2974 (dbl)

Splendor:

Length: 950ft Beam: 144ft Decks: 13 Tonnage: 113k Pax: 3006 (dbl)

I like the plans for Sunshine and I love the fact that New Orleans is getting her. I'm booking the Dec 8, 2013 sailing.

With the exception of adding 182 cabins, I do like the plans. Great to see them adding a lower promenade. Should really help with logjams.

The SUNSHINE will do fine. I probably won't cruise her (unless curiosity is driving me nuts), because I wouldn't go near a CONQUEST class ship to begin with. On the other hand if this "make-over" FIXES what I couldn't stand about this class, THE ENTIRE LIDO DECK BEING ENCLOSED IN GLASS AND STEEL, then maybe I'd giver her a try. As Halos says, regardless, many will. :)

Not all cruisers have heard about Cruise Critic. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. :D

, I do like the plans. Great to see them adding a lower promenade. Should really help with logjams.

Be carefull you might talk yourself into booking her:D:p

Be carefull you might talk yourself into booking her:D:p

Could happen. My first cruise was on Destiny and the curiosity of what she becomes will be killing me.

Really, the only thing stopping me is the crowds. Same is true for the Breeze (ship is too big for my tastes but I've long been saying the decor will be the nicest at sea).

Look at their site. They are marketing it as if it is a brand new ship. It is listed under the fleet separate from Destiny. On the page about the Sunshine, it mentions nothing about being a retrofit. They get around it by calling it a 'new funship experience'

Granted, that very much will be new inside (and on top), the fact is that this is going to be the most crowded Carnival ship in the entire fleet. With the extra deck added, the size will be very similar to Triumph and Victory, but with significantly more passengers - and reduced MDR and theater seating.

I have no doubt that the ship will look amazing and will feel new, but they are really being misleading to a public that doesn't know any better.

Not Misleading you knew.

Archived