Member Decides Not to Go...Should We Tell Carnival???

Luvmyfam3

We are four friends who paid for two cabins back in January. One guy can't go due to a family situation. He isn't concerned about getting his money back, since it's such short notice (we leave in a little over two weeks). Since he's paid his money, should we bother to let Carnival know??

Thanks!! Kim

So there is a forth person? and they are still going? I would jsut call and tell them the 4th is n't showing but as long as it is paid for the 3rd person still can have a room . I agree courtsey is the best way to go

Carnival has their money, they are not losing anything... no-shows happen all the time. No, you won't be held up... they are not going to hold up the whole ship for a no-show. Happens all the time, people don't call, they get left... you can call if you want to but it is not necessary. The only reason I would NOT call is that if you do, they can now technically move you to a triple rather than a quad...

I certainly don't mean to be discourteous, but I guess I was thinking that if it's all the same to Carnival, I would prefer to wait and see if he changes his mind. I doubt he will, but at least we have the option of filling it with someone else at the last minute or him deciding to go. I just didn't know if there would be difficulties at embarkation if neither of those things happened...;)

Thanks for everyone's input!! Kim:D

I certainly don't mean to be discourteous, but I guess I was thinking that if it's all the same to Carnival, I would prefer to wait and see if he changes his mind. I doubt he will, but at least we have the option of filling it with someone else at the last minute or him deciding to go. I just didn't know if there would be difficulties at embarkation if neither of those things happened...;)

Thanks for everyone's input!! Kim:D

It won't be more difficult and if he does decide not to go Carnival does not have a problem with this. They just get to keep his share of the cruise fare and they are that much to the better.

I just noticed the 2 weeks statement. Your friend can still get 50% of the fare refunded, so I would definitely call...

True. The guy not going could get a 50% refund - BUT then the guy who is still going will be charged the 'single supplement'. Not fair to him.

Maybe if the first guy gets his refund, he would reimburse the second guy for the add'l rate he will be charged.

Wow - this is beginning to sound like "Who's on First?":D

Similar situation here,

two cabins, three in each cabin. 9 days to go. two in one cabin can't go due to personal problems and they have no cruise insurance. I tried to change the booking it was going to cost more to change the booking then it would to leave as is with 2 no shows. Will the one showing up get down graded in room size, when they find out there is only one showing up in a room for three, we picked out our rooms because they were next to each other.

Now dh is stuck with charges for three, more if he was to cancel two people and possibly be down graded. this is leaving extremely nervouse feeling in my stomach instead of excited anticipation. I don't know what to do. can you get down graded from 4a on celebration?

We showed up at the dock with one less, daughter didn't go with and was no problem. We didn't expect a credit for her share of the fare, but ended up they did credit our credit card. So I guess this is one for Carnival. Thanks

I was told by carnival that if for some reason a person couldn't go, you can change the persons name *a different person goes in their place* for $50.00 more...and it can be done right before you leave on the cruise. Just bring the new person with you. (However, this is a cruise that was booked thru carnival themselves, not a travel agent.)

I was told by carnival that if for some reason a person couldn't go, you can change the persons name *a different person goes in their place* for $50.00 more...and it can be done right before you leave on the cruise. Just bring the new person with you. (However, this is a cruise that was booked thru carnival themselves, not a travel agent.)

You can, but only if the cruise is not sold out or overbooked... They seem to really be cracking down on this, they actually tried to get me to cancel last year rather than making a name change... I had to take it pretty far up the chain before they gave in... seems insane, but just make the name change as soon as possible because once the cruise goes into a restricted status (overbooked), they won't allow a name change...

Archived