New itineraries?

patterson3

Which itineraries would you like to see Celebrity add? For me there are a few that would be interesting- The first would be a California coastal cruise (similar to the one offered by Princess that leaves LA and visits SF, Santa Monica, San Diego, Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico). As someone that's never been to CA that sounds perfect. Also I wish they would add an eastern (or south-eastern) US cruise that visits some of the historic ports including Charleston, as well as several Florida ports and perhaps the Bahamas (to avoid the Jones Act).

And another Princess itinerary that I would love to see Celebrity do is the Tahiti to Hawaii cruise.

I'd love for them to bring back the 10/11 day sailings out of San Juan, but doubt that will happen because of the depressed fares they had to offer in the past. But they are great itinereries!

Our first cruise was Celebrity out of San Francisco to Mexico. We'd love to sale out of SF again. We think that those of us on the west coast get short shrift on cruises, since Celebrity has so few out here. Unfortunately, most west coast cruise go to Canada. Like a lot of other people, my husband is not allowed in Canada because of a 20 year old DUI.

caribean. TORTOLA, GRAND TURK the pics and reviews are awsome, but the ships that go are high end, out of our range. Would be great if celebrity choose that itinary , I would be on it!!

Oh HECK yeah. ;)

(typing while lunching on an Ottawa poutine w/ smoked meat I brought back from Montreal over the weekend)

HAL is making a killing on their fall sailings back and forth Montreal - Boston.... Princess is using Grand Class ships out of Quebec City.... RCL seems to be missing the ball on the demand up here....:mad:

Heck! They paved most of the airport runway last year so jets can land. We have electricity almost all day now! The packs of dogs all went to Plattsburgh in October and haven't been seen since. I'm sure tourists would love to start their cruise here.

celebrity has the california cruise. im leaving may 5th

I stand corrected, although aren't the Celebrity California cruises more "wine country" cruises (IE northern California)? My mother in law did a California cruise on Millenium last spring and she visited places like Astoria, Oregon and Victoria, British Columbia. Nothing against either of those ports, but I'd rather visit Southern California.

Black Sea

more Australia-only or NZ-only itineraries

YES, a Black Sea cruise out of Istanbul would be great.

A South American cruise that includes Brazil would be nice, currently the Infinity doesn't go to Brazil.

I'd love for them to bring back the 10/11 day sailings out of San Juan, but doubt that will happen because of the depressed fares they had to offer in the past. But they are great itinereries!

Hi Richsea,

You are right. They are probably not going to happen. Last time around, Celebrity was practically giving away the Cruises to fill the ship. No doubt, they were very nice itineraries.

Black Sea. more Australia-only or NZ-only itineraries

Love these above ideas. Like to do these places for the future. I would added more "indepth" areas and stops along the Croatian Coast, etc. Getting too "specialized" is harder for filling up larger ships such as the 2850-passenger Solstice-class cruises. The fall Montreal - Boston options sound good, too.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 68,273 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Summertime in the Caribbean...

I agree it would be great to have 1 ship in the Caribbean.... but as Celebrity already announced where their ships will be located for Summer 2013, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Celebrity will not have a ship in the Caribbean for Summer 2013. Of course, deployments can and do change, but I wouldn't expect it to be announced when the Celebrity releases their 2013/2014 program.

It all begins next week, so keep an eye on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1569740

Heck! They paved most of the airport runway last year so jets can land. We have electricity almost all day now! The packs of dogs all went to Plattsburgh in October and haven't been seen since. I'm sure tourists would love to start their cruise here.

LOL. I just stepped out of the igloo for the first time in months. ;)

The previous poster that spoke of sailing the West coast on May 5 - that is just twice a year to re-position the ships to or from Alaska. I wish they would throw a few more in during the year. I would love to go on that one again as it is very relaxing. Not heavy on the excursions. We rented a car in Astoria, Oregon and drove the Oregon coast. It was so pretty.

Can't take it this year cause we are doing an 8 night independent land tour and a southbound Alaska cruise.

Sure would be nice to cruise every few months. Don't we wish!

I had hoped to do a cruise from Charleston. SC on Celebrity. They did not stay there but one season- or even Jacksonville would have been good -I would have liked to do one from either of those ports to Bermuda. However, since Celebrity pulled out of both ports in the past-I am guessing neither sold well.

My feeling was when they did cruises from Charleston that one season that the ship did not sell well, was because the fares were more expensive than cruises from Ft. Lauderdale; plus on an older ship. I think most people were turned off by the fact that the fares were higher AND the ship was old, I believe Celebrity would have done better with high fares if a newer ship was used, or else had lower fares with an old ship. I think with the combo of old ship and high fares most who would have liked an easy drive to port and no plane fare-simply decided the longer trip to Ft. Lauderdale to board a better ship out weighed in the pros and cons. After all-it was not much more expensive to fly with the fare difference,to be on a newer ship, and those who simply do not fly, still felt a longer drive was better than to pay that for an older ship.

Or even if they had offered Bermuda, (which was not offered-just Carribean) many would have paid the higher fares for an older ship. We would have.

Archived