MVPinBoynton - Mike a Paris Question

Dakota Traveler

Hi Mike - I'm busy planning our trip - AMA's Rivers and Castles cruise - for early Sept. I've been reading and re-reading your review of the same trip last fall and I'm finding it very helpful. After reading your review and Rick Steve's "Paris", I'm planning to go to Paris a day or two early as you did. My question to you " How did you go about making your hotel reservations for the first two nights at the hotel being used by AMA?" Did you go through AMA or call the hotel direct? Any suggestion on this would be greatly appreciated.

DT

DT- try going to the hotel's web site and insert the dates you want, the type of room and hit check availability. This will show you what's open on your dates and pricing. Many hotels offer a discount for booking on line.

Also be aware some hotels are offering you the ability to buy add'l insurance to cover your visit. They automatically add it and you would need to opt out if you don't want it. I've seen prices in the 20-30 euro range.

DT- try going to the hotel's web site and insert the dates you want, the type of room and hit check availability. This will show you what's open on your dates and pricing. Many hotels offer a discount for booking on line.

Also be aware some hotels are offering you the ability to buy add'l insurance to cover your visit. They automatically add it and you would need to opt out if you don't want it. I've seen prices in the 20-30 euro range.

jacksonnh - Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked out the hotel website and can take that approach, however, MVPinBoynton has already went through the process and I was hoping he could tell me what worked for him and possibly save me some work.

Thanks again

DT

Another option would be to find out what they would charge if AMA booked - look at the hotel website - and then look for prices on Expedia or another on-line booking agency.

What I have done in the past (not for river cruises, but in other scenarios) is to find out what the on-line price is - and then call the hotel directly and ask them to match it. They usually will - although they will ask me to print the page from the website and ask me to bring it to prove the price.

Booking directly with the hotel often gives you the best options for cancellation as well.

Fran

Archived