Upcoming Seabourn Voyages? Please post~~~

Martita B.

Paul,

Welcome. You will absolutely luv Seabourn.

It is truly a great experience. Something that everyone should experience at least once. There lies the problem. Once you have sailed Seabourn nothing else compares. You will be back on board before you know it. Over and over again.

mcboo:) :) :)

Thanks for tips about Oslo and Bergen fish market, Jane. Does the chef do one of his market trips there I wonder?

We're disappointed that we won't be sailing under Tower Bridge as well. Mind you it keeps getting stuck. Maybe that's why they stopped sailing underneath!!

I forget if there was a Chef's shopping tour, since I didn't take it (too much walking with my mobility issues). I suspect that it can be very individual for each chef as well. If I were you, I would start 'campaigning' for one. Of the stops we had, Bergen was ideal for that. Perhaps someone else will know.

Of note, last night on the Philly PBS station was a British reality ('Operatunity')show about amateurs trying out for the ENO. I had hoped to see the performers we met on the Legend, but they were not featured. However, for the first leg of the Pride Crossing, we will have other opera performers for the gala performances. I am really looking forward to that.

Jane

We went on the chef's market trip on the Pride in Alicante in April. Cant remember if he (Pascal) will be on in August or not. I know the Operatunity singers you were talking about - they have become very popular since winning that show. Are we likely to have any singers doing the crossing the other way (Tenerife to Fort Lauderdale) in November?:o

From what I read in the Herald, I don't think we are getting the opera program on the Legend crossing. (I still can't believe I am doing both!). I imagine that the singers can't do more than a week or so. But perhaps there will be another kind of soloist? On the QM2 site, one can read about the guest lecturers. I haven't done a crossing before, so don't know much about the 'at sea' activities. I have seen pics of a staff tug-of-war, however.

I am glad that the 'Operatunity' singers have been in demand. I loved their stories and it was a terrific program. I wanted them all to win (well, the finalists at least).

Jane

There are usually several entertainers on the Crossings in additional to the Cruise Director and Assn.'s. We've had harpist's, magician's, comedians, and, of course, the lecturer's. Liar's Club and Name That Tune are also held. Both the Pride and the Legend usually host the "Cocktail/Champagne" party in and around "the Lobby" one evening......fabulous and gorgeous food stations!

I had thought of booking the Nov. Legend Crossing as all "The Brits" will be on....

they are so nice and a barrel of fun. I think among their group is a well known singer......Host Dan is a friend of theirs and can "fill you in".....

As to "shopping with the Chef" just ask him when he plans on "goin' to the grocery store." I've gone on shopping trips to buy fish, cheese's, etc. in several ports. It certainly is an experience!

Martita

There was a lovely and talented young flautist on board the Legend in March - Suzanne Godfrey. She did an afternoon tea as well as two shows if I remember correctly. I had the pleasure to dine with her one evening and we had a lot in common - too bad for me she was engaged! ;) :o :D

Matt~~~well just wait until March! I'll "snoop a 'round" and find out the special entertainers that will be with us and those that aren't ENGAGED!

But, you're gonna be kinda busy with all the parties, etc.! You can invite HER!

Martita

Yes, I have heard the flautist as well, forget which leg. She was a stunner in her red dress, too bad, Matt. <G> I have always enjoyed the guest lecturers and performers. Two favorites were Richard Tallboys who is from the UK and was a former Ambassador to Tasmania. He and his wife are delightful. I listened to a lecture he did on the QM2 as well. I recognized his voice and tuned in one day.

Another favorite was the classical pianist from Turkey. He had two wonderful classical programs and I am at a loss to remember his name right away, but I think I have mentioned him before on this BB. And, what wonderful dinner discussions we had as well. He certainly piqued my interest in traveling to Turkey.

Jane

There are usually several entertainers on the Crossings in additional to the Cruise Director and Assn.'s. We've had harpist's, magician's, comedians, and, of course, the lecturer's. Liar's Club and Name That Tune are also held. Both the Pride and the Legend usually host the "Cocktail/Champagne" party in and around "the Lobby" one evening......fabulous and gorgeous food stations!

I had thought of booking the Nov. Legend Crossing as all "The Brits" will be on....

they are so nice and a barrel of fun. I think among their group is a well known singer......Host Dan is a friend of theirs and can "fill you in".....

As to "shopping with the Chef" just ask him when he plans on "goin' to the grocery store." I've gone on shopping trips to buy fish, cheese's, etc. in several ports. It certainly is an experience!

Martita

A well known singer, a well known race car driver, a famous Cruise Critic Host ;)

There is always a lot to do, or as little to do if you so wish. We have had many "talents" on board every year! The only thing that seem to be hit or miss are the guest lecturers. Some can be a bit boring. :)

Host Dan

Dan....don't foget "the Brit" that's a Captain for British Airlines......

And yes, I agree, some lectuers are very good and interesting, some just so so. I always enjoy Carol Frey's talks on all the Ports.......she is excellent!

M.

Yes we've had Richard Tallboys on a cruise before. I think it was last May in the Med because I remember that his wife (Mary?) and I shared a birthday whilst on board and needless to say we were both spoilt rotten.

We also had an excellent pianist in Vietnam this last January - Veronica McSweeney I think her name was. She was Irish and very very good.

We're really looking forward to our November crossing - it will be our first.:o

Archived