Does anyone know about booking minors?

martyz

Yes, you have to book one room in your name and the other in your wifes name. Once on board it's no problem putting the kids together. We do it all the time.

DSM711

NCL SKY 01/02

NCL Norway 04/03

NCL SUN 01/04

Carnival Victory 05/05

Everyone says that you must book the kids in a room with an adult. It also says as such on Carnival's website. However, we leave tomorrow and have the kids booked in a separate cabin. This is the third time we have done it. We booked this cruise in Feb and had no problems booking them in their own room. My advice is to try it. Worst thing they can do is say no. Of course they are right next door to us.

We've been cruising Carnival since 1999 with our kids, and have never had a problem booking our minor children in a room by themselves. The only time we had to book a minor with us (the parents) was when it was one of the kids friends, and she wasn't over the age of 18. Carnival told us as long as the parent or legal guardian is on the same sailing with the minor children, the kids can be booked into their own cabin.

Carnival booked my teens in the cabin next door, under their names. We booked specific rooms, not guarantees. Here's from Carnival's website under legal notices:

f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.
Hmmm, accompanying stateroom, not adjacent stateroom. I'd read this as saying the parents must be on the ship, not necessarily next door. Any other thoughts on this from others?

Jim: from reading the boards I learned that if you pick your cabin the kids can be by themselves-as long as its either next door or right across the hall. I dont think they can book a guarantee cabin in a seperate rooms by themselves....

SOOOO-- any body able to book the kids in a seperate cabin and book as a guarantee-- in the year 2005?

Hmmm, accompanying stateroom, not adjacent stateroom. I'd read this as saying the parents must be on the ship, not necessarily next door. Any other thoughts on this from others?

I'm thinking this means next door (or as Serene pointed out, across the hall, as some parents book an oceanview or balcony and put the kids in an inside cabin across from them)........ I wouldn't have it any other way!;)

SOOOO-- any body able to book the kids in a seperate cabin and book as a guarantee-- in the year 2005?

We did....our situation is a little different from the one mentioned above....we have five children and two friends traveling on the Pride. Carnival allowed us to put my husband and one child in a room, me and two children in a room across the hall, and our two adult children and their two friends in the cabin next to mine. Even though Carnival asked our names,ages and relationships while assigning the cabins, we will send a letter to Carnival and ask for confirmation in writing so there will be no problems once we board. Better safe than sorry.

Trish- sounds like you booked set cabins. I am really surprised that Carnival allowed you to book kids that are not yours in a seperate cabin without an adult. How old are those kids? and did you book this with Carnival?

We've usually in the past booked our kids in an inside cabin across the hall from us, but not always. They are always on the same deck, but there have been a couple of times when we've been mid-ship and they've been pretty far aft and Carnival didn't balk.

Trish- sounds like you booked set cabins. I am really surprised that Carnival allowed you to book kids that are not yours in a seperate cabin without an adult. How old are those kids? and did you book this with Carnival?

Mine are 22 and 20. The friends are both 22. We were told as long as I was in the room next door, everything was okay. However, reading this and various other posts, it looks quite confusing, that's why we'll get confirmation in writing or cancel the cruise.

We did book this directly through Carnival.

Carnival contradicts itself on it's own website. In one place they say minors must have adult booked in cabin. Under legal notices they say accompanying cabin. And to confuse us even more, everyone seems to have different experiences when booking minors. My TA said that minors only have to be on the same deck as parents. I wasn't so sure about that and wanted my teens close anyway so we booked them in their own cabin directly across the hall. Carnival had no problem with that and of course, they know their ages.

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago and some people seemed to be concerned that Carnival might deny boarding if minors were booked in their own cabin. I can't believe they would actually deny boarding. Wouldn't they just force you to change the booking at the pier.

I think they are tightening up their rules due to past problems. They put our kids right across from us last Christmas, whereas they were much further away on previous cruises. We were upset at being on deck 2 when we were booked for "best available". Their reasoning was that we had to be near the kids. Next cruise we're not taking the kids:) - problem solved!:)

We are booked on the Inspiration on 8/20/05, and our children ages 16 & 11 are booked in their OWN cabin. We booked directly with a Carnival rep. and he "linked" our reservations, so if we get moved they have to be moved as well. We did a TBA cabin for both. I questioned the website saying they cant do this that there must be an adult in the room .. but he said as long as the parents are booked next to or across, it is perfectly permissable. Thats my story !!!!!!!!!

We are booked on the Inspiration on 8/20/05, and our children ages 16 & 11 are booked in their OWN cabin. We booked directly with a Carnival rep. and he "linked" our reservations, so if we get moved they have to be moved as well. We did a TBA cabin for both. I questioned the website saying they cant do this that there must be an adult in the room .. but he said as long as the parents are booked next to or across, it is perfectly permissable. Thats my story !!!!!!!!!

Linked reservations are for dinner-. I'd be curious to know later how this works out for you. Before this rule took place I booked my kids in one cabin and me in another. We got the Upper deck aft= they got the riveria forward. (good thing they were older)

When I booked our cruise on the Valor for in June I was told I had to have one adult with kids in Cabin that was placed right across from our other two. And if I wanted all kids in cabin once onboard they didn't care where I slept. But for paperwork and their Policy I had to do it that way..which was no big deal really. Just Glad I was able to get all of ours cabins next to each other. Have a great Cruise!!

Oh my Kids are 13, 10 and brother 14 for reference

According to our Carnival PVP - "linked" reservations do keep you at the same dining time/table, but is also used to alert them that cabin reservations are linked together and one cant be moved without moving the other. It was my PVP who asked me if I wanted kids to have their own cabin- I read website and didnt think they could. But he said they can be depending on age- mine are 16 & 11, and if traveling with parents. So rock on-- kids are in thier own cabin. I've heard the stories though about kids being far away from parents so we'll see......... i'll let you know in August !!!!

According to our Carnival PVP - "linked" reservations do keep you at the same dining time/table, but is also used to alert them that cabin reservations are linked together and one cant be moved without moving the other. It was my PVP who asked me if I wanted kids to have their own cabin- I read website and didnt think they could. But he said they can be depending on age- mine are 16 & 11, and if traveling with parents. So rock on-- kids are in thier own cabin. I've heard the stories though about kids being far away from parents so we'll see......... i'll let you know in August !!!!

On our first cruise with the kids in 2002, I just went ahead and booked one parent in each room. I used an online cruise agency. When we got on the ship we just switched rooms. Not a problem.

Last Dec., I booked directly with Carnival and my PVP booked us in a confirmed room but booked the kids in a GTD(to save $$). Our kids where put in a room across the hall from us.

Lesley

Archived