Where to stay in Tampa

bonvoyage88

We are taking our first cruise on the Legend in October, sailing out of Tampa. We aren't familiar with Tampa and wonder if anyone can list hotels to stay overnight in near the cruise ship port? We will be driving down the day before we sail. Thanks. ;)

We stayed at the hampton inn - rocky point on december 3rd for our pre-cruise stay. We are flying in. When i made our reservation i booked the cruise and stay package which consists of a shuttle pick-up at the airport, shuttle transport from the hotel to the cruise port, and then when you return from the cruise they will pick you up and take you back to the airport.

They also offer a shuttle within a 4 mile radius of the hotel in case you wanna grab dinner the night you come in

Hi. you will find lots of info on the Florida departures board on this site.

We stayed at the Marriott because I wanted to see the Legend come into port in the morning (cruise nerd). Had a wonderful view and walked to the port the next morning after a little time at Marriott's pool.

We are staying at Hyatt Place as well. Booked thru hotwire at a rate of $62. I believe it is about 5 miles from the port. All the hotels around the port were booked months in advance. So I advise if you want something very close....book ASAP

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Rocky Point twice. Nice property, they have a cruise package where you can leave your car there for the week and they will provide transportation to and from the port for about $145 total. Right next door to the Bahama Breeze Restaurant. Staying there again next month.

We are taking our first cruise on the Legend in October, sailing out of Tampa. We aren't familiar with Tampa and wonder if anyone can list hotels to stay overnight in near the cruise ship port? We will be driving down the day before we sail. Thanks. ;)

Goto the North America Homeport board bonvoyage88. It has a TON of port information. Everyone there is happy to help. Firefly pointed me that way for info on the Galveston port and I am really thankful. Have fun get everything planned out.

we stayed at the Embasey Suites near the airport, free pickup from airport but you are on your own for to the port. Very nice hotel with balconeys, happy hour was better than most Embaseys we have stayed at. We stayed 2 nights b4 cruise and they had a different hot item every night and a dif cold item plus the chips etc. We had deep fried raviolis one night with pasta salad, another night i believe was jalapeno poppers, and a dif salad. The price here is alot cheaper than near the port. They also have the free 3 mile shuttle. We went to a family rest from the book in your room. they had $1 drafts and pasta dinners family style for about $20 to 25 for 4 people. They said it was farther than 3 miles but hubby had his computer and map quested it and it was just under. We had to wait awhile for a pickup but no big deal with the $1 drafts. Also a Galleria type mall is across the street and a Waffle house also. Liquor store about 4 blocks away.

These 3 hotels have park and cruise pkgs that include roundtrip shuttle. (A lot of hotels only offer it one way.) Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. All three hotels are next to each other in an upscale part of Tampa that overlooks the Bay.

We have stayed at the Holiday In RP twice, pre-cruise. We flew in but I would not hesitate to leave my car at any of these hotels.

Have a great time.

:)

April 15 cruise, staying at the Westin Harbour Island. Looks to be very close to port. Rack rate was 179 if I remember right, Priceline got it for me for 85 on the first bid. Try going a little less (75?) Tax & all, right at 100 per night.

When are you cruising out of Tampa? Be sure to join the roll call thread and "meet" fellow cruisers before you go!

Since you are driving from home like we are definately look for a cruise and park package. We have done this on several cruises from port canaveral and had no problems as all. Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn both have this package. I have HH Points and have to decide between the Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn. Love ES, but will need to use one of the discount port parking areas for my car. MUCH cheaper than $15/day at the port!

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

Jacquelyn :D

We stayed at the Chase Suites in Rocky Point in January 2012. They accommodated 4 adults and two children (10 and 15) in a loft suite. It was very comfortable!

The Bahama Breeze restaurant is within walking distance (and we had one of the children in a wheel chair).

They have a "scheduled on the half hour" shuttle to the port (both ways) and were VERY nice people. They also have a very good breakfast buffet complete with make your own belgian waffles. The ride to the port was about 25 minutes.

There was a convenience store within a couple of blocks of the complex for any last minute needs.

As stated before, it is right on the bay and the restaurant accommodates boat patrons, so the atmosphere is very nice. However, the Bahama Breeze gets VERY busy around 6:30ish (they tell you 7:00ish but that is incorrect). The wait was around 1 hour, but there is a nice outside bar.

Just wanted to add that you can all the Bahama Breeze from your hotel room and have your name put on their waiting list. We did not do this and they said it would be a 90 min wait. This was at around 8pm on a Sat night, so prime time. We took our beeper and went out to the deck to grab a cocktail and listen to the band. Our beeper went off in 20 minutes, so it was not nearly as long as they said.

Here is the Bahama Breeze ph# and menu.

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?q=33607&RestaurantID=3004

Just wanted to add that you can all the Bahama Breeze from your hotel room and have your name put on their waiting list. We did not do this and they said it would be a 90 min wait. This was at around 8pm on a Sat night, so prime time. We took our beeper and went out to the deck to grab a cocktail and listen to the band. Our beeper went off in 20 minutes, so it was not nearly as long as they said.

Here is the Bahama Breeze ph# and menu.

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?q=33607&RestaurantID=3004

This is good to know for the next journey to Tampa! Our wait time (arriving about 6:30) was an hour and we waited almost 1 hour 15 minutes. It would have been easier to wait at the room, especially with our wheelchair bound grandson, and let him play video games.

We stayed at the Chase Suites in Rocky Point in January 2012.

Is there any sort of convenience store or market to pick up last minutes items?

There is, its a little locally owned store. I cannot remember the directions but the desk clerk gave very good directions to my son-in-law. It was only two or three little blocks, very walkable.

There is, its a little locally owned store. I cannot remember the directions but the desk clerk gave very good directions to my son-in-law. It was only two or three little blocks, very walkable.

It is across from Chase Suites, Holiday Inn and Hampton in an Apartment complex called; Post Rocky Point. It is a small neighborhood market that has limited hours. The area is mostly local, so crossing the street is not a big deal. There is a sidewalk all along the area so the walk would be painless. Chase Suites also has a small sundries store for some items.

Archived