Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

How long has it been since you've seen Paul "in action"?:D I think age is playing a factor in his overall performance on board.

Unfortunately, our experience with Paul on our May 11th and May 18th cruises didn't make him one of our favorites. He lacked energy and enthusiasm in our opinion and his morning show was boring and made me want to stay in bed. :eek: His Activities Manager was less than organized and a real disappointment to us.

I agree with you 100% about Paul Rutter. Kieron Buffery (who was left go from Royal Caribbean under unpleasant circumstances) said Paul Rutter left a mess for Kieron who worked hard to straightened the entertainment out on the Mariner and was fired.

I really liked them. Contrary to that last picture I posted, he's not an over the top in behavior type of CD, which is what I like. He articulates well with his mild Scottish accent. Her accent is a bit stronger than his so I sometimes miss what she says so I really have to tune in more when she speaks. They are both very nice people. He has a nice kilt. Somehow I managed to miss getting a good picture of him wearing it.

Gina

Thanks Gina - and Patti. Nice to know they are good but not over the top. We love doing most of the activities, and a good CD makes all the difference.

Adventure OTS - "cultural director" Jerome Sueur has taken over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). (Needs confirmation?) Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17 until July 12. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started June 7. Richard Spacey will be back July 28

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th. (Needs confirmation)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (Needs confirmation)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until mid-July, then Leo Papa (Needs confirmation)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July (Needs confirmation)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was schedule to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Has the changeover occurred? Who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27 (who will be the next CD?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Rich Edwards, Keith Williams

I agree with you 100% about Paul Rutter. Kieron Buffery (who was left go from Royal Caribbean under unpleasant circumstances) said Paul Rutter left a mess for Kieron who worked hard to straightened the entertainment out on the Mariner and was fired.

And Kieron was the only CD I didn't really like at all. Not a bit. I'll leave it at that.

Gina

just want to say that Joff Eaton (currently on Independence) is amazing. Really friendly, funny and approachable. His Activities Co-ordinator, Sophie, is very nice indeed - and their morning show is great fun and involves the passengers.

just want to say that Joff Eaton (currently on Independence) is amazing. Really friendly' date=' funny and approachable. His Activities Co-ordinator, Sophie, is very nice indeed - and their morning show is great fun and involves the passengers.[/quote']

Hello stranger :) hope he is still on for our TA!!! but I doubt it.

Huw ;)

Hello stranger :) hope he is still on for our TA!!! but I doubt it.

Huw ;)

hello Huw - hope you and Bernie both well. long time, no see!

I think he is on the TA - I'm sure he mentioned it on our trip.

we're booked for Paris next May with son & girlfriend - coming???

Alison x

Does anyone have experiences with Dave Chapman and/or know anything about him?

Sheri

Our only experience with Dave Chapman was several years ago on Rad in Alaska and We ( group of 8) thought he was extremely juvenile. He had become Cd from Youth staff and we just did not care for his style at all. We noticed that he and his ACD treated the staff very rudly as well. Do not care to ever sail with him again. We adored Kerion Buffery though and were sad to know he was let go.

Hey guys!

I have an updated list of CD's, though I've been asked not to post it...

but let me know, send me an email or something (olivergranofilms@gmail.com) and I'll let you guys know who's where as far as I can tell..

(I don't check CC too often so send an email rather than ask me here, because if you ask here you might have to wait a few WEEKS for a respons!)

Cheers!

Hey guys!

I have an updated list of CD's, though I've been asked not to post it...

but let me know, send me an email or something (olivergranofilms@gmail.com) and I'll let you guys know who's where as far as I can tell..

(I don't check CC too often so send an email rather than ask me here, because if you ask here you might have to wait a few WEEKS for a respons!)

Cheers!

email sent

Anyone who has photos of cruise directors are welcome to post them here if they'd like!

Thanks to those who have already posted!

Adventure OTS - "cultural director" Jerome Sueur has taken over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). (Needs confirmation) Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17 until July 12. John Blair returning from his break on July 12. (can someone confirm the changeover)

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th. (Can someone confirm the changeover?)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July (Needs confirmation)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Doe anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - *Anna Bass started June 15 until July 27 (who will be the next CD?)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. (Rich Edwards may be taking over as CD sometime in July - to be confirmed) João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Rich Edwards, Keith Williams

Can anyone confirm:

Did Abel start on Adventure today?

Has John started on Enchantment?

Is Luke Aerowsmith on Grandeur?

Is Jimmy Rhodes on Legend?

Is James still on Liberty, or has Leo taken over CD duties?

Is Mitch still on Majesty, or has Dave taken over CD duties?

Is Warren back on Navigator?

Donna, John Blair and his wife Katrina returned to the Enchantment on Thursday, July 12.

Adventure OTS - "cultural director" Jerome Sueur has taken over for two weeks (6/30-7/14). (Needs confirmation) Abel Jeney returns July 14 for 4 months.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12.

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th. (Can someone confirm the changeover?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Does anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Explorer Of The Seas. Richard Spacey starts July 28th. Does anyone know how long his contract is for. We are on the Dec. 3rd cruise and would love to have him as our CD.

His last contract was 3 months on EX, but he came straight over from AD, so it's hard to tell how long it was in total. The contracts are rarely more than 6 months (more typically they are 4 months), but there are exceptions, and they sometimes move around within the same contract. This makes it very hard to predict where they'll be in the future.

It does seem that Richard will be alternating with Leigh on EX for an extended time, as both have requested to be placed on this ship. Leigh will be serving as activities manager when they are both there together. Leigh is every bit as wonderful as Richard is, so if you happen to miss Richard, you will still have an awesome CD. (In our family's opinion, we liked Leigh better!)

Yes Luke Arrowsmith is on board The Granduer, he is taking over from Rico at the end of this / next cruise.

Rich E is also now on The Spendour. :D

Can anyone confirm:

Did Abel start on Adventure today?

Has John started on Enchantment?

Is Luke Aerowsmith on Grandeur?

Is Jimmy Rhodes on Legend?

Is James still on Liberty, or has Leo taken over CD duties?

Is Mitch still on Majesty, or has Dave taken over CD duties?

Is Warren back on Navigator?

Yes Luke Arrowsmith is on board The Granduer, he is taking over from Rico at the end of this / next cruise.

Rich E is also now on The Spendour. :D

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 *Warren Allen was scheduled to return on 6/30 for 4 weeks, however someone on that sailing reported that Simona was still the CD. (Can someone confirm the changeover? Does anyone know who will be CD after Warren)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Claudia Periou, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles), Bill Brunkhorst, Rico Du-Breil, Keith Williams

Has anyone any idea if Joff Eaton is on Indy on 31st Oct Canaries sailing?

Kathy:D

Archived