Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

OK - a few pages back, someone posted the email address of the person at RCI in charge of the cruise director's scheduling, and suggested that I email him to straighten out the confusion on Allure. (I cannot find these posts from a few days ago - were they removed?)

I received a reply from Mr. McDonald, and he stated that they do NOT give out the schedules for CD's because the start and end dates often change. He did confirm that Allan Brooks would be following Ken Rush, which was info that we already had. So he did not clarify anything for us.

Needless to say, I am not comfortable contacting any of the supervisors at RCI for help maintaining this thread.

OK - a few pages back, someone posted the email address of the person at RCI in charge of the cruise director's scheduling, and suggested that I email him to straighten out the confusion on Allure. (I cannot find these posts from a few days ago - were they removed?)

I received a reply from Mr. McDonald, and he stated that they do NOT give out the schedules for CD's because the start and end dates often change. He did confirm that Allan Brooks would be following Ken Rush, which was info that we already had. So he did not clarify anything for us.

Needless to say, I am not comfortable contacting any of the supervisors at RCI for help maintaining this thread.

Sorry for that danna I thought he will help

Is anyone familiar with CD - Drew Devine? He is on the Freedom now and we will be sailing with him next month.

We had him a few months back and he was excellent. Of all the CD we have had, he was the only one that I didn't want to throttle by the end of the cruise.

As someone else said, he doesn't have some dumb catchphrase that he yells extremely loudly every 10 seconds (I'm looking dead at you former CD Becky "HELLO LOVE" Thompson... who I was over about 2 hours into the cruise) and he doesn't have some stupid schtick he repeats. Seems like a normal guy who happens to be really funny and have a cool job. Seemed like someone you'd sit down for a beer with, but he also knew his stuff.

Donna, it will be Dennis joining Jewel in mid September for 2 months, not Carly.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12.

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (need dates)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August (end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

We had him a few months back and he was excellent.

Seems like a normal guy who happens to be really funny and have a cool job. Seemed like someone you'd sit down for a beer with, but he also knew his stuff.

I agree. Drew is a VERY nice guy. And I believe we have sat down and had a beer with him...:) Actually, we look forward to being able to see him.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for 2 months.

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Anyone cruising on the Explorer of the Seas will love Richard Spacey. Had him on the Oasis last year and he was awesome! Such a creative, talented, energetic guy! You can't not have a great time.

We had Gordon Whatman on our very first cruise - Radiance Christmas 2001. He was the best CD ever after 13 more cruises on various lines.

Thanks for posting this. I havent read a lot of feedback on Gordon!

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Just back from the Explorer Aug. 2 - 11 sailing. I was told from Richard Spacey himself that he will continue to be on the Explorer until November 24th 2012. Leigh will also continue on as Activities Coordinator until November 4th.

They are both awesome!!

Just back from the Explorer Aug. 2 - 11 sailing. I was told from Richard Spacey himself that he will continue to be on the Explorer until November 24th 2012. Leigh will also continue on as Activities Coordinator until November 4th.

They are both awesome!!

Interesting! That would imply that Leigh will not be covering Richard's break. Leigh has been on the ship since the beginning of May, as both activities manager and as CD during Richards break - so a 6 month contract (and he may have come directly over from another ship, so even a longer contract). Unlikely that he'd only take a 3 week break to be back in time to fill in.

Maybe someone can find out who will be filling in for Richard, and whether or not Richard and/or Leigh intend to return to Explorer afterwards. (Back in May, they each told me directly that they asked to be placed on Explorer, so hopefully they are there for the long term)

(I was looking at January cruises on Explorer, but want one of those two, or another dynamic CD, and not Jimmy Rhodes like last January. So, I have a vested interest in the CD info for this ship.)

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Leigh Xuereb is activities manager through November 4. (can someone confirm if Leigh will be back in time to cover Richard's break, or if someone else will be taking over as CD on November 24)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Was really looking forward to Richard Spacey on our Dec. 3 cruise. Dang! Guess we're just missing him! If Leigh is back, how is she?

Has Alan Brooks left the company? I'd love to see him again!

Leigh is a "He". We had the two of them on EX back on May 10th and they are both fantastic. They work well together as well as individually.

Lets hope that at least one of them is around for you on Dec 3 and both of them for my cruise on Feb 10...

Steve

Was really looking forward to Richard Spacey on our Dec. 3 cruise. Dang! Guess we're just missing him! If Leigh is back, how is she?

Leigh is a 'he' :D Don't worry, I also thought he was a female before someone cleared that up. Leigh is fantastic. I would have loved to have seen more of him. He would make a great cruise director. He and Richard together had me in stitches!

Allan Brooks is on break right now. He alternates with Ken Rush as CD of Allure. He is due back in September

Leigh is awesome! Very similar in style to Richard. He's out and about the ship all the time, and very personable and approachable, without being "in your face" or "over-the-top". Excellent sense of humor and comedy. Mid-to-late 30's is my guess. Australian. Of Maltese heritage, and his unusual last name is a very common one in Malta. It is pronounced Schwer-reb. He started his career as Leigh Daniels, so you may see some feedback of him under that name.

I can't imagine any Richard "fan" not also loving Leigh. If fact, I liked Leigh even better. I think he's my very favorite of all the CD's. :)

Archived