distance from venice cruise terminal entrance to silhouette

el2001mail

we will be sailing the silhouette on may 18, 2012 and planning on using the people mover to get to the port -- does anyone know how long the walk is from the entrance of the port where we get dropped off to the ship at terminal 108?

do we walk it? or is there other transportation to take us to the ship?

thanks,

I believe you would walk, unless you make special arrangments. The walk from people mover to our ship was about 5 minutes, maybe 2 city blocks or so. Depends on which spot your ship is docked at however... maybe a little more if it gets a further spot. I did not recall any other options.. There is a few vehicles, but it seems like it was just the working vehicles for the port operations. I am not sure if a taxi could be pre arranged or not.

We are also on the May 18th Silhouette and plan to take the people mover from P. Roma to the terminal. I read that it's about a 5 minute walk to the terminal parking lot.

BTW, there is a very active roll call for our cruise.

Come on over and join the group.:)

Carolyn

This map shows the berths at the pier. 107/108 is closest to the PMover, which is the green line.

http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

Some info and photos of the People Mover.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-people-mover-photos.htm

Are you arriving at Piazzale Roma by bus from the airport? If so, there are cabs at PRoma that will take you to the pier if you can't manage your luggage.

Archived