Fantasy Cabin V30

Lady Lucy

Hi,

We've booked an obstructed view cabin on the Carnival Fantasy, V30. From the ship diagram, this cabin doesn't appear to have a very obstructed view at all. We're trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade to a non-obstructed. Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you so much!

The obstruction is this rescue boat, and effects the last three cabins each side. The fourth cabin, V30 on port side, is not truly obstructed, but you view aft will be partially blocked.

BG-56.jpg

BG-57.jpg

In these pictures (taken specifically for occasions such as this) V30 is the cabin just to the left of the bow of the boat. EM

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for the pictures, Essiesmom. That's exactly the information I was looking for!

Balcony Bound-Please let me know what you think about the Fantasy.

Thanks again!

We went on her last year around this time. We were in V19 and it was a great location on the ship! It was very quiet (even with over half the ship full of spring breakers) since suites are the only staterooms on the floor. We could hear some noise coming from lido during the day if we were on the balcony (not if we were inside though).

It was our first Carnival ship and was a good intro to the line. Not too big or hard to maneuver around. Our cabin steward and his assistants were great! We had the late seating in the Dining room and had a very attentive head waiter. After our first night, he waited on us personally as opposed to having one of his assistants take our orders. I am a chef and had several detailed questions that went over the head of his assistant that was helping us that first night. We asked for lemonade the first night and every night thereafter we had it waiting for us when we came in to the dining room.

The cruise director, Riza, was very nice and entertaining with a non-lame sense of humor. I would definitely go to the newlywed game! The house band in the night club ( a Filipino band) was very good (and hilarious when they struggled with pronunciation of some classic 8o's rock song lyrics). We really enjoyed the comedy shows; I would suggest getting there early as it fills up very fast.

As far as food that I wouldn't miss. The prime rib is some of the best that I have ever had (located on lido). Order at least one extra plate of lobster and shrimp on the first elegant night. The creme brulee was awesome! There was a pasta with seafood that was delicious ( I would get it as an entree next time). The reuben in the deli area at the back of the ship is a must try, as well!

As far as drinks go, beer by the bucket is the best deal. We brought a collapsible cooler with us that our cabin steward kept full of ice (checking it twice a day) and we would keep our beer, a bottle of wine and a couple sodas and water in since the mini-fridge doesn't stay super cold like I like. Also, be sure to not miss the farewell party with free drinks for an hour late afternoon of the last sea day in the main showroom (look for it in the fun times). The showroom was probably less than half full so the closer you sit to the end of an aisle the better.

There is a VIP line for embarkation/check in in Charleston. We zipped through! I would suggest unless you want to lug around luggage/cooler around lido until the rooms open after 1pm, go to the checked luggage/parking area around 12pm. By the time we got though the line to pay for parking, drop off our checked luggage, parked the car and board a shuttle to get to the ship, an hour had gone by the time we got to the check in area to get your Sign and Sail card. We were able to go right to our room! We dropped off our luggage and cooler, freshened up and made our way to the lido (one deck down) for a late lunch.

Hope all of this info helps! Have fun :)

Archived