$20 select laundry bag

cruisercrazy69

As long as it fits in the bag and is not an item for dry cleaning there are no restrictions. Since they do not press the items I don't put in anything that would need to be pressed like linen, although most things come back looking fine without pressing.

Mary Lou

As long as it fits in the bag and is not an item for dry cleaning there are no restrictions. Since they do not press the items I don't put in anything that would need to be pressed like linen, although most things come back looking fine without pressing.

Mary Lou

see you in 40 days

Do they offer the $20 bag on all sailings? When we were on the Summit a few years ago they did. We are set for the Millenium in the fall.

Thanks,

Karen

Karen, There should be a page of coupons in your stateroom on Day 1 that are for Select CC members.....the laundry coupon should be there - on every sailing.

Do they offer the $20 bag on all sailings? When we were on the Summit a few years ago they did. We are set for the Millenium in the fall.

Thanks,

Karen

If you're Select or Elite in Captain's Club they will give you the coupons for the standard Captain's club benefits as outlined on Celebrity's web site which include the bulk laundry (bag or number of items).

They do not offer the bag of laundry special for other passengers on all sailings, so you might not be able to do this if you are not Select or Elite Captain's club. However you can still do your laundry at the piece rate.

Thank you OP for starting this thread.

If you're Select or Elite in Captain's Club they will give you the coupons for the standard Captain's club benefits as outlined on Celebrity's web site which include the bulk laundry (bag or number of items).

They do not offer the bag of laundry special for other passengers on all sailings, so you might not be able to do this if you are not Select or Elite Captain's club. However you can still do your laundry at the piece rate.

Thank you Larry for the clarification. I was confused when all I see on the recent laundry threads were the per piece rates, no mention of the $20 bag. Now I know why. Thanks!

Is it limited to certain items or any item on the regular laundry list?

This Select benefit is available on cruises of 12 nights or longer. If there are two Select cruisers in the cabin, each will get his/her own coupons = 2 bags of laundry @ $20.

From Celebrity website re: Select benefits:

One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price of $20 during cruises of 12 nights or longer

Be warned: Most of the items come back really badly wrinkled. I generally hang the t-shirts in the washroom during my shower to release some of the wrinkles.

I think this is pretty inconsistent. While I've read other postings that the bag of laundry and bulk specials have been returned badly wrinkled we've found that these items usually almost look like they've been pressed.

Will I have to worry about them shrinking or damaging any of my clothes or do they closely follow the recommended washing instructions? At home I air dry all of my good clothes.

If you air dry all your good clothes as you say (I do that with a lot of my clothes, too)...........don't send them out to the laundry! With the sheer number of articles they are washing and drying, I wouldn't expect that they are going to take the care with the clothes that you will. JMO.

I think a lot of it depends on the fabrics. Most of the items I sent out last time were cotton or cotton blends, and none of them could be worn right out of the bag. I took a couple pairs of crop pants and tops into the bathroom and liberally sprinkled them with water, pressed them with my hands, and let them hang in the shower until they dried. With the major wrinkles released, I was able to wear a few of them again, but not everything.

Frankly, I was disappointed in the service and think they could do better than just folding everything up and jamming them into a bag.

If you have items that will need pressing then I'd recommend sending them out on the regular piece rate service which includes pressing and return on hangers for items where this would be appropriate.

They also offer dry cleaning service as well.

Do they fold shirts in the same way as when you buy them? (I fold them that way to pack them in the suitcase.)

I have many nylon-type shirts which come out of the dryer just fine, but If they just stuff them into the bag, they will wrinkle, and I won't be able to wear them for sure.

Do they fold shirts in the same way as when you buy them? (I fold them that way to pack them in the suitcase.)

I have many nylon-type shirts which come out of the dryer just fine, but If they just stuff them into the bag, they will wrinkle, and I won't be able to wear them for sure.

We've had shirts folded very nicely that look almost pressed and straighten out nicely if we hang them up. But this just relates to nicer polo shirts. If I have dress, or dressy, shirts I'll send them in regular service so they'll be pressed and returned on hangers.

Also note that while me experiences with the wash and fold have been pretty good that I've read more than one report about items returned very wrinkled to the point of being unwearable in the poster's opinion. So results are not consistently good. If a garment that looks pressed is important then get it pressed.

• 2 months later...

What about dark wash denims that come with the warning to wash alone because they will bleed? How do they control this? If I send out 1 pair of jeans, I doubt they are going to wash them alone?

At home I wash all my denim together so it is ok, on the cruise I will have 3 pieces of denim

What about dark wash denims that come with the warning to wash alone because they will bleed? How do they control this? If I send out 1 pair of jeans, I doubt they are going to wash them alone?

At home I wash all my denim together so it is ok, on the cruise I will have 3 pieces of denim

Although I can't answer your question directly, I know if I've had any special instructions I have written them onto the sheet and have never had any problems since I've done this. I always do this now after sending out DH polo shirts for laundry and some of them came back a little smaller. I tried to blamed DH for putting on weight during the cruise, however, when we put them against some that had not yet been sent they had definitely shrunk a little. This may well have happened if I had laundered them at home as they were new and had not previously been washed, but now I always write the temperature on the form if it is stated on the garment label just to be on the safe side and I've never had a problem since.

I wouldn't expect your items to be laundered by themselves and more than likely will be bulk laundered with other similar items.

My advice would be, if in doubt, or something special, don't send it and risk it.

Finally, I thought it worth mentioning that although we send laundry out in a bag, it has never come back in one. If we have sent out shirts in the normal laundry service they come back on hangers. If we send them out in the bag they come back folded in a neat stack and left on the bed if we're not in, but never in a bag. This has been the case on the last several cruises with X on several separate ships. I don't think it's because I'm special - even though DH tells me so all the time ;)

Archived