$20 select laundry bag

cruisercrazy69

Are their laundramat facilities on Celebrity? How much do they charge?

Sorry, there are no facilities to do any laundry yourself on X ships. The only option you have is to send it out to X. This is usually chargeable unless you are a Select/Elite Captain's Club member when you would be provided with the appropriate level of money off/free laundy vouchers in your cabin upon boarding.

Sorry, there are no facilities to do any laundry yourself on X ships. The only option you have is to send it out to X. This is usually chargeable unless you are a Select/Elite Captain's Club member when you would be provided with the appropriate level of money off/free laundy vouchers in your cabin upon boarding.

Thank you...

I have always been very impressed with the laundry. Much better than the local dry cleaners infact. Last cruise I even took a jacket that had some stains and was a bit discolored around the neck. It came back like new, I was delighted. The laundry equipment is really high end industrial stuff, so when the label says hot, and your instincts says not, Celebrity will get it clean.

Although I can't answer your question directly, I know if I've had any special instructions I have written them onto the sheet and have never had any problems since I've done this. I always do this now after sending out DH polo shirts for laundry and some of them came back a little smaller. I tried to blamed DH for putting on weight during the cruise, however, when we put them against some that had not yet been sent they had definitely shrunk a little. This may well have happened if I had laundered them at home as they were new and had not previously been washed, but now I always write the temperature on the form if it is stated on the garment label just to be on the safe side and I've never had a problem since.

I wouldn't expect your items to be laundered by themselves and more than likely will be bulk laundered with other similar items.

My advice would be, if in doubt, or something special, don't send it and risk it.

Finally, I thought it worth mentioning that although we send laundry out in a bag, it has never come back in one. If we have sent out shirts in the normal laundry service they come back on hangers. If we send them out in the bag they come back folded in a neat stack and left on the bed if we're not in, but never in a bag. This has been the case on the last several cruises with X on several separate ships. I don't think it's because I'm special - even though DH tells me so all the time ;)

Thank you, I just don't want other peoples clothes to get ruined from my dark denim. I am only bringing 2 pairs of jeans so I will have to do laundry at some point.

on our last B2B all of us sailing again got the $20.00 special. I FILLED a bag and it came back neatly folded in 2 bags. I would assume that colors are separated as DH's white shirt did not have dye from my new jeans. All of our items had small labels with our cabin #. We sent the items we wanted pressed out after the laundry came back using our '2 items free coupons'

I have found a big difference between the group special and individual (paid) items. The last time we used the Elite coupon, DH's cotton shirts were almost unwearable. But if we pay for an item to be laundered, it comes back looking great. Yes, the regular washing includes pressing.

I also used the pressing coupons for a few of my nice blouses on embarkation, including a delicate formal night-type one, and they were lovely.

From now on, only unders, socks and unimportant clothes go in the bag; the rest I will pay for.

I have found a big difference between the group special and individual (paid) items. The last time we used the Elite coupon, DH's cotton shirts were almost unwearable. But if we pay for an item to be laundered, it comes back looking great. Yes, the regular washing includes pressing.

I also used the pressing coupons for a few of my nice blouses on embarkation, including a delicate formal night-type one, and they were lovely.

From now on, only unders, socks and unimportant clothes go in the bag; the rest I will pay for.

Thanks for that info!

Last year on Millie, the laundry came back on hangers and pressed. This year on Summit, it came back unpressed and folded in bags. Of course I liked the pressed stuff more. However, the folded stuff was fine. The few items that really needed pressing, I sent out again with the free pressing coupons. The following time, I sent out a bag, I included the free pressing coupon and told them to press 2 shirts. The only thing that I didn't like was the ink marks inside my shirts. They mark the cabin no. on the inside of items with markers. I have a few shirts that don't have tags. The marks were on the shirts inside near the back....and did bleed through.

Archived