Stash luggage at cruise dock?

mllcal

We're going on the May 23rd cruise. We will be flying in a few days early and want to take a ferry to Moorea on Sunday. We'd like to stash our luggage at the cruise terminal for a few hours so we can explore before taking the afternoon ferry. Is there a place to leave luggage at the cruise terminal?

There is no terminal so no place to leave luggage. Someone once said you could leave luggage at the airport but not sure about that. You may want to research that.

Why dont you explore downtown Tahiti on the last morning from the ship. Sundays most everything is closed anyway.

What time is your ferry. The Tahiti IC used to have day use charges for lunch and using the facilities so something like that may suit you. The overnight flight comes in real early so you may want to also research other hotels who may offer you a day room. There was one downtown - Tahiti Nui hotel that I heard was reasonably priced and close to the dock.

There is a place for storing your luggage at the airport for a price. Google the airport and you will find information. I can confirm that there is nothing at the port. You can have security care for it only when the ship is there.

Maybe if you rent a day room you could work a deal with the hotel to keep it for you.-don't be surprised if they charge you.

We did a post cruise stay in Bora Bora after our cruise. We stored two suitcases at the airport and only took the bare essentials to Bora Bora with us. It was very convenient and no hassles at all. If my memory serves me right it was about USD 35.00 for 2 cases for 4 days.

Thanks everyone for your information. We will be staying overnight at the Intercontinental, but we need to check out Sunday morning. That leaves us without a place for luggage until around 3:00 pm. We would like to avoid having the hotel keep our luggage and having to take a taxi back to the hotel to retrieve it. Does anyone know what a taxi costs each way from the Intercontinental to the ferry terminal? I'm cautious about using Le Truck as I've read it doesn't run on a firm schedule, and I'd hate to haul luggage on it.

Thanks for the info. Pretty steep price for a cab! Did you use Le Truck at all? Unfortunately we need it on a Sunday and it's my understanding that Le Truck doesn't travel often on Sundays.

Apparently the IC has a shuttle to town. You can then leave your luggage there go to town and back and finally cab to ferry. I have no information on the timings but the concierge should be able to help you.

Archived