Drink Packages... Which one to take?

sayvan

Remember that with the Classic pkg. you can only get the brand wine they have in that package. I drink Cabernet and Merlot, and the Solstice had the worst wine I have ever had - and that's saying a lot. Solstice's answer - upgrade. No paying the extra $.50 a glass.

Also Classic pkg water only came in quart+ size. A smaller and less costly Evian was not allowed. Doesn't make much sense.

We will be having the Premium drinks package again in June. We are not big drinkers but it is surprising how quickly the drinks mount up. Whether it is just the freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast, the bottles of water & soft drinks during the day to keep hydrated. A Martini before dinner, wine with your evening meal. A cappuccino and a liqueur to finish your meal & maybe a nightcap to finish.:) And no hassle having to sign any receipts. Well worth every penny to us.

How to you download this ... I keep trying and it won't allow me to save it???? :mad::(:eek:

When you open the webpage with the excel spreadsheet in it there is a menu up at the top. Click on "File" and then on download. Choose excel. This will open it up on your computer, not in a browser. Look at sheet one.

Save to your computer so you can find it again. The overview thread has the file in a blank form, without someone else's data in it. With this one just delete the entries and put in your own.

Sara

Personally, I'd recommend holding off until you are on board and check out your options and beverage consumption for a day or two. You might decide it the beverage packages are a waste and you might decide that one or the other is right for you. If you buy the package early in the day after making a decision I don't think you'll be out of pocket much if anything.

Personally, as intrigued as I am with the packages, as they are very appealing, we've never bought them. We just pay as we go and even when we've bought a few bottles of expensive wine (not available on the packages at all) we've found our bills for the cruise always end up below the package costs.

Also, if you feel you must start out ASAP with a package: I think you can upgrade a package on the ship by paying the price difference for the remaining nights of your cruise. I'm not 100% sure of this but if you hold off until you're on board you can ask, then if the answer is yes you can buy the classic package and see if it works. If not then upgrade. If the answer is no at least you can ask some questions of the people selling the packages and/or bartenders on board before buying.

Archived