any info on renassance hotel in elizabeth

claridge

as any one got any intormation about the above hotel.

is it safe (we will not have a car with us)

is it easy to get transport in to the city

best way to get to the cruise port

good places to eat in Newark

how far and best way to get to the jersey mall

Thanks in advance

Claridge

as any one got any intormation about the above hotel.

is it safe (we will not have a car with us). Yes

is it easy to get transport in to the city. Shuttle back to the airport and train to New York Penn Station $25/pp round trip

best way to get to the cruise port. Car service

good places to eat in Newark. Cab to the Ironbound District for Spanish or Portuguese food

how far and best way to get to the jersey mall Cab

Thanks in advance

Claridge

If you want to go to the Jersey Gardens Mall you should stay at the Courtyard Elizabeth, County Inns or Residence Inn on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth. I'm sure Meg will post - she has inspected the Renaissance and has stayed at all the Glimcher Realty Way hotels.

What date are you looking at? We can provide more details for your questions.

I have stayed at the Ren and it is lovely...and the parking is guarded/secure and safe...that said there isn't anything around...to get to the mall you'd have to take the hotel shuttle to P4 and pick up the jersey gardens shuttle which is 9 bucks PP. round trip-or have the hotel get you a cab.

(not sure if the shuttle will take you...you could ask..)

here is a link to pix...

the photos are labeled..the 1st 15 or so are from the Ren....

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab274/cruisermeg/Cape%20Liberty%20and%20Newark%20Area%20Hotels/

here are a couple...

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

Thank you very much for the quick replies, really helps us plan for our trip at the end of this month, we are there for two nights 27th and 28th before getting on the cruise on the 29th. we get in mid-day at newark airport on the 27th, and plan to go to the mall that afternoon and then into the city on the 28th.

Also we understand that the restaurant at this hotel is pretty good, is that the case.

Thanks again.

Claridge

Thank you very much for the quick replies, really helps us plan for our trip at the end of this month, we are there for two nights 27th and 28th before getting on the cruise on the 29th. we get in mid-day at newark airport on the 27th, and plan to go to the mall that afternoon and then into the city on the 28th.

Also we understand that the restaurant at this hotel is pretty good, is that the case.

Thanks again.

Claridge

the food was decent..it's hotel food and isn't cheap...i will say that my breakfast service was awful....BUT i spoke to the manager on duty and dinner was fine....in fact i had TOO much service (i ordered a burger-it was really good-but the exec chef and sous chef came over TWICE..and about 3 different servers..AND a manager...)

long story...the breakfast waiter was lousy...when i spoke to the so called restaurant manager, she was rude to be nice..THEN proceeded to yell at..yes, she yelled...at the server...AT my table...and the whole dining room (all of 5 people) heard....(it was NOT busy...i was the 6th person in the room....)

i walked out....the GM wasn't there, but he called me about an hour later!

Soooo I am sure that was an isolated incident.....the following morning there were new people there....

there are a bunch of places in the mall to eat....and if you're going into the city one day, i would eat there....AND if you discover that you need something, there are several Duane Reade pharmacies in NY-one is in Penn station...and they are all over...(they sell basically everything except liquor..snacks, soda, toiletries, medicines, books, etc)

Archived