Concierge Class on Summit

abatlin

I went to take a look, but it says there are no pictures in your aft cabin album. Maybe they didn't upload properly?
You're right. I goofed. They're there and visible to me now, so they should be visible to you shortly. The pictures in the FV cabin of the veranda also apply as they're the same. Look at those too to get some additional perspective on the amazing amount of space back there.

Thanks, Canderson! It is really nice with the extra space on the balcony. We are in CC class on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise in 6135 which also has a deeper balcony because it's squeezed between 2 suites. I'll try to upload a picture which my friend took when she was in the same cabin a couple of weeks ago!

Which ship (Summit?) and were the cabin numbers that correspond with the two sets of photos?
The FV pics were off the Summit. The CC pics were off the Constellation.

The FV pics are representative of any of them that aren't on the "corners", but rather, just inside of those by one cabin. I'm still looking for my corner FV pics. The corners are about 3' longer, have an additional bit of closet, and the "secret hallway" for which I did find my pic and it's posted there with the others. I believe the one I'm showing to have been #9197.

The CC pics were, as noted, AFT CC cabins. Apart from the handicapped ones, it is representative of all of the others. This one was #8170.

The FV pics were off the Summit. The CC pics were off the Constellation.

The FV pics are representative of any of them that aren't on the "corners", but rather, just inside of those by one cabin. I'm still looking for my corner FV pics. The corners are about 3' longer, have an additional bit of closet, and the "secret hallway" for which I did find my pic and it's posted there with the others. I believe the one I'm showing to have been #9197.

The CC pics were, as noted, AFT CC cabins. Apart from the handicapped ones, it is representative of all of the others. This one was #8170.

If I remember correctly 9197 is a corner FV. So your pictures must be from a different FV.

If I remember correctly 9197 is a corner FV. So your pictures must be from a different FV.
Right you are. The "secret hallway" is the only pic from 9197. The others are from the cabin next door that we had on the subsequent trip.

can someone tell me how to post a pic to this site.
If you're asking about posting a picture directly into your post here at Cruise Critic (vs. providing a link to it elsewhere), It's not exactly easy. First, you need to figure out the format for your picture. If it's a JPG file, the limit on size is something like 320 wide x 240 tall, and 97.7K bytes in size or somesuch. So you'll need to take any picture you've got, load it into an editor, and start scaling things down.

Once you have a pic that is within the size limits of the CC board, if you scroll down a bit below the usual "Submit Reply" button, you'll see a button for "Manage Attachments". Click on that. It will then let you upload the picture from your system to the CC system. Use the "Browse" button to find the file on your own system, and then the "Upload" button to move the file to CC.

If you're not within the x/y pixel size and/or byte size limits, it will let you know, and you get to repeat the process again.

It would be nice if there were something around here posted that indicated maximum sizes (in both respects) for the various file types listed down there. I was surprised to discover that they're different depending upon type! Hence, a PDF is limited to one size (19K), but a JPG can be another (97K).

Here (I hope) is an example -- 320x240 and 20K bytes of the aft CC veranda:

1480116064_ResizeofIMGP1055.jpg.161229991056134b7fec2f21b72752e9.jpg

I saved just about every piece of paper from our 4.11.05 Summit cruise, including the Concierge Class Room Service Breakfast Menu. If you're interested in seeing it, post your e-mail and I'll send you a JPEG file of the actual menu. You hang the menu on your door before you retire for the evening and you get a 2-minute warning phone call from Room Service when it's on its way to your cabin the next morning!

If you want more CC info, check out my recent review! We had the best time ever on this cruise and CC really enhanced our vacation.

and the Steward delivered it by 6AM

I saved just about every piece of paper from our 4.11.05 Summit cruise, including the Concierge Class Room Service Breakfast Menu. If you're interested in seeing it, post your e-mail and I'll send you a JPEG file of the actual menu. You hang the menu on your door before you retire for the evening and you get a 2-minute warning phone call from Room Service when it's on its way to your cabin the next morning!

If you want more CC info, check out my recent review! We had the best time ever on this cruise and CC really enhanced our vacation.

Are they only on the ends of the decks?

Originally Posted by abatlin

We have just booked a cabin on the Summit in the Concierge Class on the Alaska June 3rd sailing out of Vancouver. I am not sure what the difference is between concierge class and other cabins,as I can not find a place on their web site which states this. My travel agent says that there is a concierge lounge, this I can not find. She also said there is a special room service menu...what is different about it?

1) You'll be in a 191 sq ft cabin rather than 171 sq ft (Cat 2 cabins)

2) Depending upon WHICH CC cabin you've got, you'll either have a 41 sq ft veranda or something approaching 200 sq ft. No difference in price. Pays to read the boards here before making reservations...

3) There is no concierge lounge on any of the X ships. I've ceased being surprised at the misinformation supplied by TA's, especially those that haven't ever tried the specific products they're selling.

4) Room service breakfast menu is greatly enhanced in CC and suites vs. all other cabins. You like "smoothies"?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;9;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500Constellation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;12;5;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600Galaxy

Ever wonder what one of those Millennium class ship Family View cabins or aft CC cabins looks like? See pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/ecandersonii

Are they only on the ends of the decks?

Originally Posted by abatlin

We have just booked a cabin on the Summit in the Concierge Class on the Alaska June 3rd sailing out of Vancouver. I am not sure what the difference is between concierge class and other cabins,as I can not find a place on their web site which states this. My travel agent says that there is a concierge lounge, this I can not find. She also said there is a special room service menu...what is different about it?

1) You'll be in a 191 sq ft cabin rather than 171 sq ft (Cat 2 cabins)

2) Depending upon WHICH CC cabin you've got, you'll either have a 41 sq ft veranda or something approaching 200 sq ft. No difference in price. Pays to read the boards here before making reservations...

3) There is no concierge lounge on any of the X ships. I've ceased being surprised at the misinformation supplied by TA's, especially those that haven't ever tried the specific products they're selling.

4) Room service breakfast menu is greatly enhanced in CC and suites vs. all other cabins. You like "smoothies"?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;9;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500Constellation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;12;5;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600Galaxy

Ever wonder what one of those Millennium class ship Family View cabins or aft CC cabins looks like? See pics at

I wouldn't normally have quoted so much, but I wasn't clear about who was posting what, and the context seemed necessary.

No, the CC cabins are not all on the "ends of the decks". However, these AFT CC cabins that we talk about are just that -- dead aft -- across the back of the ship. However, the CC cabins are all aft of the center of the ship, and can be found on decks 7, 8 and 9. They are all of the old Category 1A, 1B and 1C cabins. The Celebrity web page has a decent deck layout for all of their ships. Take a look at it at celebrity.com.

Archived