Rebooking Cruise

SunSeeker27

So the cruise I have booked now has a lower price on it. I know that if I call they will cancel my previous reservation and rebook me with the new price. What I'm wondering is about my travel insurance. Do I need to call and tell them about the new booking day? Can this effect my rates as it's now a whole lot closer to departure than when I originally purchased it?:confused:

So the cruise I have booked now has a lower price on it. I know that if I call they will cancel my previous reservation and rebook me with the new price. What I'm wondering is about my travel insurance. Do I need to call and tell them about the new booking day? Can this effect my rates as it's now a whole lot closer to departure than when I originally purchased it?:confused:

So, you are rebooking the same cruise so you can get a price reduction? If it's the same cruise, I am not sure you even need to notify your insurance company. If you did notify them, you'd simply be transferring your old policy to this new booking, so no increase in premium; if the price for this rebooking was lower, you possibly would receive some of your premium back, as you'd be insuring for a lesser amount. Hopefully, someone who knows this will come along and give you the correct information.

The insurance company doesn't even know your booking number; they don't care if you cancel and re-book for the same date. They're even flexible about changing your departure dates, if that's what you needed to do.

In the event of a claim, when you sent in your payment documentation, all they are going to see is that you purchased your insurance before your booking. There's nothing wrong with that at all. From their perspective, you were simply "over-insured" up to that point.

I have a slightly different question. I have a cruise already booked (deposit only) but am thinking about cancelling that one and booking a different one. We purchased trip insurance for the first cruise. Will the company (Travelex) transfer the original policy to the new cruise?

Thanks,

Shawski

I have a slightly different question. I have a cruise already booked (deposit only) but am thinking about cancelling that one and booking a different one. We purchased trip insurance for the first cruise. Will the company (Travelex) transfer the original policy to the new cruise?

Thanks,

Shawski

Yes. Just call them or submit the changes here:

http://www.travelexinsurance.com/planholders/RequestPlanChange.aspx

Archived