Activities on board

LouiseB

Hi all, I'm off on QV in 24 days and was wondering about activites onboard. I particularly enjoy watercolour painting. can anyone tell me the types of activities that are run on sea days? Is it worth me taking my painting gear on the off chance they might run some sessions?

Thanks in anticipation,

Louise

Hi all, I'm off on QV in 24 days and was wondering about activites onboard. I particularly enjoy watercolour painting. can anyone tell me the types of activities that are run on sea days? Is it worth me taking my painting gear on the off chance they might run some sessions?

Thanks in anticipation,

Louise

On every Cunard trip I've been on there were water colour sessions. I think there are materials on board for purchase but if you have your own ....

Shiny

I agree with shineyshoes about the watercolor classes. Every Cunard cruise we have been on (7 in the past 5 years) there have been classes. Other activities will be lectures, matinee movies in the Royal Court Theatre, culinary presentations, varied live music in several different venues, trivia contests, fencing, dance and "mixology" lessons, wine and whiskey tastings and much more. You will find as much or as little activity as you wish.

I agree with shineyshoes about the watercolor classes. Every Cunard cruise we have been on (7 in the past 5 years) there have been classes. Other activities will be lectures, matinee movies in the Royal Court Theatre, culinary presentations, varied live music in several different venues, trivia contests, fencing, dance and "mixology" lessons, wine and whiskey tastings and much more. You will find as much or as little activity as you wish.

And napkin folding - don't forget the napkin folding. I've done that one.

J

The water colour classes are run twice a day on sea days, and held in the top floor of the Britannia.

You may bring your own kit, or purchase Cunard's, which is actually very good value at around $35. I've been caught out because sometimes the medium changes and instead of paints, it's pastels, so be prepared to spend a few dollars.

Normally there will be 15/20 in the class.

Some teachers are better than others.

My wife calls it the "baby sitting session", as at least for 2 hours, she knows where I am.

Hmm, in Australia the only thing associated with napkins is babies. I didn't see a water colour class on the sector of the Royal circumnavigation of Australia. Nor "napkin" folding. Maybe they were worried they would end up with a room full of babies. :o

Egads! How could I've forgotten! And, of course, the galley tour!

I'm banned from the galley tour. They've been closely observing my grocery shifting performance over several cruises and have come to the conclusion that allowing me into the galley could have a serious negative impact on stock levels!!!

J

Egads! How could I've forgotten! And, of course, the galley tour!

Well one of our number did do the Galley tour and found out that the nasty little canapes served in the QG and Commodore Club and elsewhere around the ship at drinks time are actually made at 11am. This explains why they are so dried up by the evening. Also, if the requirement is that all food be thrown out after 6 hours, then they will be "on the turn" by "cocktail time". It was most enlightening.

Well one of our number did do the Galley tour and found out that the nasty little canapes served in the QG and Commodore Club and elsewhere around the ship at drinks time are actually made at 11am. This explains why they are so dried up by the evening.
#FirstWorldProblems

Archived