Updated shows?

_kerry_

Hi

Just wondering how often they update the shows on QM2? We will be going on a crossing for the 2nd summer in a row. Wondering if they will have same shows on board? We saw RADA Canterbury Tales last summer. Is that still playing? It would be nice if they had different shows this summer.

Thank you

Hi

Just wondering how often they update the shows on QM2? We will be going on a crossing for the 2nd summer in a row. Wondering if they will have same shows on board? We saw RADA Canterbury Tales last summer. Is that still playing? It would be nice if they had different shows this summer.

Thank you

I think that they keep the production shows for three years, RADA have about 3 shows that they rotate.

I was just on QM2 for 22 days, and there were 3 production shows.

Hit Me With a Hot Note was old when I saw it for the third time on QE2. We were surprised to see this one, as I thought it went back to "Broadway Bound," the performers before the Royal Cunard Singers and Dancers. We went to see it this time to see if it was the same show and, yes, it was.

Appasionata (not sure if I spelled it right) was commissioned for QM2's first year, and they're still doing it. It's a good show, but we passed on it as we'd seen it at least 3 times.

Nations United is new to me. I don't know when they started doing this one. It is not good. It's supposed to be music from around the world. One dance was a lot of foot stomping. We couldn't tell if it was Irish step dancing or flamenco. To represent Spain, they chose "Spanish Rose," which is a broadway song (from Bye Bye Birdie), not from Spain. It's a send-up of ethnic stereotyping--at one point Rose sings "I'll be so Spanish it will make you sick!" I found that to be a very poor choice. And I'll leave readers to imagine the amazing sight of dancing with mops to can-can music...

Production shows (on all ships, not just QM2) tend to be over-amplified.

Fortunately, the individual performers and acts that were booked were much better than the production shows.

Archived