Dream Connecting Balconies

ajagent

Does anyone know how many balconies you can have opened up side by side? We want to have several cabins next to eachother and I was wondering what the limit was.

We are cruising on the Dream in Nov. in a cove balcony - Only ones I have checked and you can only get 2 balconies to "open" up. The problem is a structural one so every other divider cannot be moved. Not sure about other decks.

Only one divider between balconies can be opened due to the location of the cabin doors. Our Carnival Vacation Planner works with us to insure the two cabins picked will have the right door location to allow them to open the divider.

As has been mentioned above, the issue is the location of the cabin door and this is very common. In this picture you can see how the doors are next to each other in every other cabin. If the divider were to be opened the partition would block one of the two doors...

Picture0561.jpg

The Spirit Class ships aren't saddled with this problem as the balcony dividers open out and are held in place against the rail with a clamp.

:)

Just to chime in. We were on the Dream last year and had connecting balconies (connecting interior door). In my research before the cruise, we found that out balcony divider would not be able to be opened because it would block one of the doors. When we got on the ship, we asked Guest Services and they said they could open it, but the divider would open outwards and be secured to the railing, blocking the view a bit from one balcony. That was fine with us and the divider was opened on the 1st sea day for us.

Just to chime in. We were on the Dream last year and had connecting balconies (connecting interior door). In my research before the cruise, we found that out balcony divider would not be able to be opened because it would block one of the doors. When we got on the ship, we asked Guest Services and they said they could open it, but the divider would open outwards and be secured to the railing, blocking the view a bit from one balcony. That was fine with us and the divider was opened on the 1st sea day for us.

Our divider also opened toward the balcony and was secured to the railing. So blocking doors is not an issue, and I would think that as many balconies could be opened up as you have rooms.

Our divider also opened toward the balcony and was secured to the railing. So blocking doors is not an issue, and I would think that as many balconies could be opened up as you have rooms.

We were also on the Dream last year with two other couples, and requested that the dividers be removed. They were, and we had one huge balcony.

Archived