Question re Sun/Dawn/Princess Front decks

Can someone "who has been there and done that" tell me if you can get out onto the front of Deck 9 on these ships, please.:) (I know you can on Decks 10 and 11.)

you have just come off the sun Princess , you should be able to answer you own question.:rolleyes:

Hi, No you can't. We just did the 2 nighter from Brisbane to Sydney and were in C205. I was quite excited as I knew you could access the front of the ship from the deck above. I asked the cabin guy and he definately said it was for crew only.

I did go to the access on deck 10 and it was just so windly on a sea day, but it would have been great on a port day.

Hope this helps.

if Sandie knew the answer she wouldnt be asking

You're right, Bob! :) We had no reason to go to the front of Deck 9 so, of course, I don't know. (I would not be so thoughtless as to waste people's time by asking something I already know. :rolleyes:)

Thank you Murrumbeena, Packetau and Resordanis. :) :) :)

We've just had A206 and it was great! In Fiordland and coming into ports we could nip out onto the front viewing deck and go from side to side as needed.

So, for the future, we'll cross off the front of D9! :D

you have just come off the sun Princess , you should be able to answer you own question.:rolleyes:

That was rude Thied..... but then again you wouldn't be able to answer the question either because you haven't been on the Sun P. I have been on the Sun Princess 5 times and I didn't know the answer to that question because I have never had the need to go to the area Sandy was asking about.

That was rude Thied..... but then again you wouldn't be able to answer the question either because you haven't been on the Sun P. I have been on the Sun Princess 5 times and I didn't know the answer to that question because I have never had the need to go to the area Sandy was asking about.
and what you have just posted is in not ?

Sandy

We had B203, four metres from the "secret door" onto the front deck on deck 10. I know there are front decks on 9, 10 & 11. I did not know that 9 is for crew only. The ship certainly doesnt make it known that these decks are even there let alone passenger access is allowed or how to get there. It is the best vantage point on the ship especially for leaving and entered port and magnificent for the NZ fiords cruising. We are on the 30th March NZ cruise and none of the CCers rollcall knew about these decks so I am leading an "expedition to the secret doors" for those interested on the day of embarkation and before we sail out of Sydney Harbour.

John

Sandy

We had B203, four metres from the "secret door" onto the front deck on deck 10. I know there are front decks on 9, 10 & 11. I did not know that 9 is for crew only. The ship certainly doesnt make it known that these decks are even there let alone passenger access is allowed or how to get there. It is the best vantage point on the ship especially for leaving and entered port and magnificent for the NZ fiords cruising. We are on the 30th March NZ cruise and none of the CCers rollcall knew about these decks so I am leading an "expedition to the secret doors" for those interested on the day of embarkation and before we sail out of Sydney Harbour.

John

Hi John,

LOL, I just had a mental picture of the troops filing out onto the deck! :) Yes, they're very low key about those decks. ;) I hope you have as great a day as we did in Fiordland - it's always magical. It's looking great today...

46e06f20.jpg

and what you have just posted is in not ?

If you want us to read your postings please read them yourself before hitting submit...the above makes no sense at all.

Just a normal incomprehensible post by thied, and as usual, no help to anyone

sandy

I was a bit apprehensive about advertising the front decks too much as it would be chaos to have a whole mob out there but when you think about it, the percentage of total passengers represented by C C is very insignificant so I dont think we will be over run.

You have to be brave to go out there in the open sea as the wind is terrific when the ship is doing 19 or 20 knots into a head wind. Anyway, if it gets too rough the doors are locked.

John

Archived