Need Whittier glacier boat trip advice

CaribbeanIsland

I have gone with Phillips and Major Marine. Excellent tours, look at route maps and times. For me longer is better. Really doesn't make much difference as long as it fits your schedule. If you can get a cheap used toursaver book there is a 2 for 1 coupon?

Are both outfits close to the dock Princess uses? Will probably do one of these tours on my B2B but have decided to wait until I arrive and see what the weather is like. Doubt the boats will be full in early May and assume that seats will be available, don't really want to be out all day if the weather is lousy. Have already booked an all day tour out of Juneau to the Tracy arm and a couple of rainy days in a row won't be fun.

We are going to go on the glacier tour in Whittier, as there is calm waters there and our friend will not be able to deal with the open water of Kenai Fjords tour in Seward, so we are doing the Prince William.

We plan to do the tour prior to getting on the ship

Are both outfits close to the dock Princess uses? Will probably do one of these tours on my B2B but have decided to wait until I arrive and see what the weather is like. Doubt the boats will be full in early May and assume that seats will be available, don't really want to be out all day if the weather is lousy. Have already booked an all day tour out of Juneau to the Tracy arm and a couple of rainy days in a row won't be fun.

Yes within walking distance if you have no mobility limitations. Since you do not want to book in advance, I would have all the times and companies on a list. You may also want to see if you can share a toursaver book with someone, since they have a 2 for 1 coupon.

Archived