Splendor Balcony Question

Jane T

I am trying to decide on a room and am wondering if a past Splendor cruiser could tell me something. The room I'm thinking about booking is 1007 on the Panorama deck. It is the furthest aft cabin with a balcony. According to deck plans there is an open deck area adjoining the balcony on one side. Does anyone know if this is correct? Can people walking on the deck see onto the balcony? Is it a solid wall between deck area and room balcony? Does this set up have any effect on the room's balcony size or viewing capability from the balcony? Thanks for any info.

1007 is the farthest forward cabin on the starboard side of the Panorama deck so let's hope we're talking about the same location.

The area forward, the open deck you refer to, is just that. It's an open observation area. Here's a few pictures...

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

Nuts... those are the same area but on the Lido Deck. You can see a similar area to your cabin. It's the next deck up in that picture but on the opposite side of the ship. Regardless, the partition from your cabin to the forward area is capable of being opened but will not be as the divider would block your balcony door in the open position...

:)

Host Mach - Thank you so much for the pictures! You are right, I'm the confused one - forward is correct. Since I've looked at your pictures, I'm thinking a few rooms down the hall on Panorama might be better for privacy. Decisions, decisions!

Just got off the Splendor on Sunday and had spa balcony cabin 1017 which would be a few cabins aft of the one you mentioned. Just to let you know, I saw very few hardy souls out on that observation deck. There were signs, do not enter, high wind, on the doors leading to it, so I think that kept folks off it.

Ok, so here's the negative about being so far forward, WIND!!. I love balconies, love hanging out on them, but I rarely used it this cruise except in port. It was very windy while the ship was cruising. Because of the wind, it was cold. Just not comfortable to be out there. And our door to the balcony, despite being closed and deadbolted, had a constant high pitched noise from the wind, while the ship was moving. Sounded like a Midwest blizzard was out there! And you felt a lot of motion so far forward and high up on the ship. Didn't bother me, but my daughter needed to use seabands.

Despite these negatives, I would book another spa cabin, we loved using the spa rooms and loved being so close to the spa, lido and serenity decks. I would just book a cabin closer to midship. I didn't have a chance to ask anyone else, how their cabins were, we rarely saw anyone in the hallway, it was very quiet up there.

Leslie

I've actually had the opposite problem. We had a aft balcony a one cruise and never got any breeze. It was stifling. So when I saw the upcharge for those cabins on the Splendor, I thought no way. It probably is a matter of weather conditions.

• 2 months later...

It must be condition dependent. A couple years ago we were in cabin 1011 (late Oct) and it was lovely on the balcony, and no whistling noise.

We just booked 1017 (thus how I found this thread) for early Nov.

Archived