Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Steve8

I guess to me its where i feel ok to let my Family lay there Heads...Like i said before to me the Hoilday Inn at the Port is a dump. Ive seen people Posting Hoilday inn costing as much as 150 a night YUCK.At a discount Site you can get IC at 179 or lower. I guess some people like KIA AND Some like Ferrari why pay for a Kia when you can get The Ferrari for a few bucks more.Your on Vaction treat yourselfs lol:D

This is where your facts are not correct all the time. I'm sure your facts are perfect for the situation you were in. But they are not at all correct for the first Friday in March when I was there. And I started watching rates 11 months before that. I checked hotel websites, called the hotel and used LMT and the Intercontinental was ALWAYS at least $100 more than the the Holiday Inn. Sometimes you can get your Ferrari for the price of the Kia. And sometimes you can't.

• 4 months later...
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami last week and I wanted to share my thoughts. I really found it amazing reading all of the reviews on this place that were so far on the end of both spectrums.

First - Cost. For all of those that say it is way overpriced and you should stay at the Intercontinental it is much cheaper, don't know that for sure. I'm sure the Intercontinental is often cheaper and yes it is cheaper on Last Minute Travel. But that is not the case ALL of the time. It would have cost over $100 more a night to stay at the Intercontinental. The first Saturday in March is just a little different in cost than a Wednesday in July in Miami. I took my chances on the Holiday Inn.

Second - Service. We were greeted very warmly as soon as we got out of the cab. All of the staff were wonderful.

Third - Location. I think it is at a perfect location. We got there early so the rooms were not ready yet. We checked the bags and walked just a few yards to the Bayside Market Place. We had lunch and walked around a little bit and by that time the rooms were ready. We checked into our rooms then went to CVS to pick up last minute drinks. Later on we went back to Bayside for dinner and drinks. The next morning we got breakfast from Bayside. We never had to walk more than two blocks from the hotel for all of that. We had a view of the port and a taxi cost of less than $10 to get to the port. That is a prefect location in my opinion.

Fourth - Rooms. There is absolutely nothing great about the rooms. They were not big, they were not fancy, and they had no extras. They did work great for four people to sleep and shower in and they were clean. If you want more, you will be disappointed. If this is all you are looking for you will be satisfied.

Last - Others. The reviews are right, the pool is boring. But it was also just fine. I read the elevators are slow. The funny part to me was when my daughter said "these elevators are really fast".

Finally - The best test for a recommendation to me is - would you stay there again. Absolutely! Would I check to see if the Intercontinental is cheaper before I book - also absolutely. But next time for me there will be no hesitation in booking the Holiday Inn POM.

I would be happy to answer any questions if I didn't cover anything.

thanks so much for this review!! We are staying 1 night pre-cruise (5 in our family) and happen to be going to a Heat game and wanted to be able to walk to and from the game easily and also have plenty of food choices available to us. I was so nervous reading all the negatives about this hotel that I had almost cancelled and chose a hotel that wouldn't have been so convenient. I just want a clean room that accomodates 5 and that isn't easy to find! You have put my mind at ease!

I guess to me its where i feel ok to let my Family lay there Heads...Like i said before to me the Hoilday Inn at the Port is a dump. Ive seen people Posting Hoilday inn costing as much as 150 a night YUCK.At a discount Site you can get IC at 179 or lower. I guess some people like KIA AND Some like Ferrari why pay for a Kia when you can get The Ferrari for a few bucks more.Your on Vaction treat yourselfs lol:D

I completely agree.

Miami is such a cool town that I have trouble with Bayside.

has anyone been to that Holiday Inn recently? We are thinking about it in Feb 2013 before we sail one the BREEZE. :p

Here's a link to the trip advisor reviews for the hotel - rating range from awful to great; consume all with a large grain of salt.:o

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d80275-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Port_of_Miami_Downtown-Miami_Florida.html

Archived