Vertigo

irishayes

Just got off the Norwegian Pearl yesterday. Had no seasickness or discomfort on the ship.

But ever since we got off, I'm experiencing much vertigo. When can I expect this to go away?

This is my third cruise, but the first time I've experience this . . .can't say I like it much!

This only occured after my 2nd cruise... and for me, it took a long time to finally resolve - lasted a few months. I tried using bonine without much luck although others have mentioned that they have had success with that. For me, ibuprofen seemed to help... strange. I am thinking that it may have been the really rough seas we had on this cruise, I did not get seasick and actually enjoyed the rocking, but that is the only different experience between the cruises that we encountered.

It was no fun and a sad memory of a great cruise. No problems with cruising since which I am very glad about - and I am crossing my fingers for our upcoming one that my good fortune holds out.

Good luck

Just got off the Norwegian Pearl yesterday. Had no seasickness or discomfort on the ship.

But ever since we got off, I'm experiencing much vertigo. When can I expect this to go away?

This is my third cruise, but the first time I've experience this . . .can't say I like it much!

Mine lasted more than 30 days. There were times I had to crawl to the bathroom it was so bad.

One doctor gave me bonine.. didn't help.

Finally went to my GP - she wrote a script for flonase - did the trick.

Generally, it take about 2-3 days for me to get my land legs back. After our 2d cruise, it took over 3 weeks for me to feel stable again!

I've heard if you take a motion sickness remedy, it can help.

:)

It takes me up to a week when it happens to me. The last cruise we were on was the *only* one I didn't have this happen to me. Seas were like glass the entire trip.

Don't worry-even if it takes up to 2 weeks, it's within a normal range. Having it more than that is unusual...even rare. Sorry to the previous poster that went through this :(. How awful! I've had severe vertigo (unrelated to cruise) a few times in life and it's absolutely awful. I can't even get out of bed. T.V. is out of the question. So I can only imagine.

Do a Google search for "Epley Maneuver". I got vertigo from a bad fall last summer (smacked the side of my head and knocked myself out among many other things). I had this done and my vertigo vanished. Not sure if it works for vertigo caused by being on a ship, but it can't hurt.

Do a Google search for "Epley Maneuver". I got vertigo from a bad fall last summer (smacked the side of my head and knocked myself out among many other things). I had this done and my vertigo vanished. Not sure if it works for vertigo caused by being on a ship, but it can't hurt.

This treatment worked for my husband also. He has inner ear issues and often gets vertigo. For me, I experience what you're talking about every time I sail. It usually goes away in a few days. Either way, it's not serious, but it's annoying.

Archived