HMC - Cabana Rental or Excursion?

Ykgorbie

We're doing a B2B in Oct on the Liberty and are going to Half Moon Cay (first time). Was looking on Carnival's website at some of the excursions and noticed the Cabana rental. Seems pricy though....over $400 for just hubby and I. Are there also umbrella rentals on the beach? Have any of you done any excursions on HMC that you particularly enjoyed or is the beach the way to go ?

I would skip the cabana rental. I noticed alot of people on Half Moon Cay really were not using their's except to store their stuff. Waste of money if you ask me.

I think clam shells (big things that shade two beach loungers) rent for $20 or $30 bucks for the day.

We didn't rent a clamshell. We were going to but as we were walking the beach we found this shady structure with nothing beneath it... it was one of those shade areas that have benches under them that are along the walking path, however it was on the beach. We just grabbed some chairs and set up camp there.

My dad and brother did the snorkling with the sting rays excursion. They both really liked it.

The Cabana's at Half Moon Cay are only $200.00 for 4 people total.

Not $400.00 :)

I would definitely put my vote in for a cabana!!! Perfect day!!

Ditto! I loved our cabana (#6...great location being pretty close to the bathrooms and food). We rented it with another family and split the cost (actually 9 of us used it...4 adults and 5 kids).

014.jpg.27ac00132fbf9e9c19732cafbdcd967f.jpg

015.jpg.bd1c67b2b44fd6cc28e9e45ae44df2b5.jpg

021.jpg.b610e797eac8fd2d23f8586c6b6b708d.jpg

018.jpg.c361501d9edfdc99e6404d34d3e7ab47.jpg

We're doing a B2B in Oct on the Liberty and are going to Half Moon Cay (first time). Was looking on Carnival's website at some of the excursions and noticed the Cabana rental. Seems pricy though....over $400 for just hubby and I. Are there also umbrella rentals on the beach? Have any of you done any excursions on HMC that you particularly enjoyed or is the beach the way to go ?

The price showing on Carnival's site is per cabana, not per person. Their website automatically displays the price of everything as "per Adult" and "per Child", but there's a note at the bottom of the excursion description explaining the pricing. If you do reserve one, only book it for 1 person, then visit the Excursion desk on board to pick out your cabana and finalize the other details. :)

We did a bike and kayak excursion there last month. I would skip the bike next time but the kayaking in the lagoon was perfect. Next time we will just rent a kayak and see more of it - it was a beautiful day and very peaceful.

Like everyone else said...it's only $200.

I rented a cabana this time for our group of 10. A place to store things, meet up and catch some shade! When I went with just my husband we got a clam shell. It was the best $20 bucks I ever spend. I spent a lot of time in the water, but when I was out, I definitely needed some shade. The sun down there is powerful!

I remember we got off the boat as soon as we could, got one of those clam shells and like an hour later, all the shells were sold out or WAY down the beach. I feel like people were scouting out the clam shells later in the day, waiting for people to leave so they could take them. If you want one, get it fast! Same goes for the cabana. My cruise is 2 months out and they are all sold out.

Good Luck!

Yep, big fan of the cabanas here too! Comes with soda/water & some dips & fruit cut up too. It has a misting fan too & lounge chairs. Just so nice to be able to lounge after resting on the beach or going in the water!

Well worth the $200 for it!

I don't know why they don't fix that website for the cabana rental... it is so confusing as it says $220 per person, and also lists it lasting only one hour.:eek: It should state that it is $220 PER CABANA, up to 4 people, and is yours for the DURATION of your time there.

An inexperienced cruiser friend of mine really wanted one & called to tell me it was going to cost them $600 for only one hour! I straightened her out & she was able to rent one.

BTW... the cabanas for one of our upcoming cruises (in November) are already sold out. So if you want one, I suggest booking quickly.

Ykgorbie,

The Cabanas are very expensive and not worth the cost! We would never consider not getting a Cabana in Half Moon Cay and would prefer that everyone else settle for half shells and or beach chairs. ;) Why would anyone enjoy a cooler of their favorite beverages, very comfy padded loungers with a cool misting fan aimed right at you?

The other excursions are very tempting and if not a cabana we would be all over the horseback riding excursion. There are chairs, hammocks in the shade and scenic benches placed thru out. Be sure and enjoy the free picnic offerings too which are located back in the wooded area behind the beach.

I don't know why they don't fix that website for the cabana rental... it is so confusing as it says $220 per person, and also lists it lasting only one hour.:eek: It should state that it is $220 PER CABANA, up to 4 people, and is yours for the DURATION of your time there.

An inexperienced cruiser friend of mine really wanted one & called to tell me it was going to cost them $600 for only one hour! I straightened her out & she was able to rent one.

BTW... the cabanas for one of our upcoming cruises (in November) are already sold out. So if you want one, I suggest booking quickly.

Once you click on it, you will see.....

" Notes

Please note, this excursion’s Duration is “At Your Leisure”, i.e. no set duration (not 1 hour as listed above).

Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book."

My cruise is 2 months away and all the cabanas are sold out. I got mine months ago :D...but sold out for November? that's crazy!

I have the cabana for my group (10 ppl), but my sister and I are also doing the horseback riding! So excited!

Once you click on it, you will see.....

" Notes

Please note, this excursion’s Duration is “At Your Leisure”, i.e. no set duration (not 1 hour as listed above).

Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book."

My cruise is 2 months away and all the cabanas are sold out. I got mine months ago :D...but sold out for November? that's crazy!

I have the cabana for my group (10 ppl), but my sister and I are also doing the horseback riding! So excited!

I know... but she didn't get that far as to click on it for more details when she was completely turned off by the cost stated per person. They really should fix that IMO.

Another vote for the cabana :D

Got one last cruise and have one reserved for next month.

Short story about our cabana last April.

Husband did not want one, he said too much money. I told him I would use my own money to rent it. Once we got there husband and son (age 16) said "good job mom" :D I asked them if they wanted another cabana for next month and they both said "you better". And I don't have to pay for it myself either!

I am sorry, but when is your cruise in Nov? We are also planning in Nov, about to book within the next 2 weeks, for Nov 5th. We really want a cabana for our first time at HMC. Thanks!

Cabana rental is $209 and that is for up to 4 people. It includes snorkle equipement, float mats and snacks for 4. The site is misleading when it states the price is for 1 person / and 1 hour. I say DO IT!!! You wont be sorry.

This is my favorite beach and I enjoy it and the water so we do not get a cabana as we wouldn't really use it that much. But, we are sun people, if you are not, they are wonderful. Or, if you have small children they are great to get them out of the sun and sand to take a nap or just get a break.

On HMC the horseback riding is good, hubby does the jetskis...loves them. I like the parasailing. We also bring our own snorkeling gear to play around with...but if having shade is important to you, you may want to think about it. Or, if just the 2 of you, a clamshell works well and is considerably less, although some people don't realize have to rent them and thought we were being a chair hog and that once we went into the water they should be able to use it!:eek:

My first trip to HMC I did the eco tour and loved it, then spent some time on the beach. It was dead of summer and a great experience.

On this last trip I rented a cabana, which you know is a flat rate for up to 4 people, and LOVED it. We had a perfect location (#7), and having the cabana was such a nice treat. We had more snacks than we could eat (4 friends joined me), plenty of water n mixers... Err I mean sodas. ;) For those that burn easily they were able to enjoy a day at the beach without frying to a crisp. While it was January, we welcomed the AC and also utilized the misting fan. If the water had been a little warmer I know the float mats would have come in handy. I passed on the snorkle gear.

It was the best $219 I spent that cruise (well except for my Alchemy Bar tab)

We LOVED our cabana! We'll most definitely get another one the next time we're at HMC. We also did the stingray excursion but signed up for the very first time slot. Gave us plenty of time to enjoy our cabana. We also enjoyed the priority tender that comes with renting a cabana (since we aren't platinum). :D

HMC's stingray excursion is probably the most economical stingray excursion you will have in the Caribbeans. Only $25 pp or something like that.

Besides the stingrays, I would recommend horseback riding in HMC.

I also like jetskiing and parasailing but you can do those cheaper in the keys.

Cabana rental is $209 and that is for up to 4 people. It includes snorkle equipement, float mats and snacks for 4. The site is misleading when it states the price is for 1 person / and 1 hour. I say DO IT!!! You wont be sorry.

• $219.95 per Adult$219.95 per Child

btn_save_to_favorites.gifSo, this info on Carnival's site is wrong ??

Archived