HMC - Cabana Rental or Excursion?

Ykgorbie

I personally LOVED our cabana when we went to HMC, and DH wants to go back to HMC just for the cabana! It was completely worth the money for the two of us. But I think that depends on what kind of beach person you are. I love spending time in the water, and loved the float mats that came with the cabana. DH does not care for the ocean, so he spent most of the time relaxing, reading, and listening to music in the cabana. It allowed us to stay out on the beach ALL day, and if we didn't have it DH would have only tolerated and hour or so. If you think you will want to stay out on the beach for the entire day, have a nice place to relax out of the sun, have access to float mats, snorkel gear, fruit and snacks, sodas and water, air conditioning, a misting fan, and shower, then by all means, get a cabana! :D

• $219.95 per Adult$219.95 per Child

btn_save_to_favorites.gifSo, this info on Carnival's site is wrong ??

Yes, that part of the site is wrong. The price is per cabana and you are provided food and equipment for up to 4 people. There should be another place on the site that explains this, I'm just not sure where it it.

Yeah, I cannot figure out why Carnival site has so many issues. It is per group of four for that price. I remember reading that the site shows it per person but it is per group. I learned that here. If I was pre-booking and did not have that knowlege then I would have not booked. I would think that someone could fix this issue.

Well, I want to thank you all for your input ! Much appreciated !

I spoke with DH and to my surprise, when I explained these cabanas to him, he said "Well, why didn't you book one?" I went on Carnival's website and when I went to purchase it, a little message came up saying that it was the last one available! So, we are now the proud "owners" of a cabana in HMC !

Again, thanks all. :)

Having a cabana on HMC was the highlight of our trip...we had lovely pink cabana 9..we loved the location..away from the crowds, but not too far from the pavillion. The restroom was behind us. The cabana was fabulous..it came with four floats, four snorkel gear, fruits/dips and chips and dips, water and soda. The furnishings were lovely...wicker..very nice. You get a table and chairs, two padded chaise lounge chairs, misting fan, ceiling fan AND AC. The sides of the cabanas open outward on the windows giving it a real Carribbean feel. There's an outdoor shower on the edge of the porch to wash off the sand. We also noticed that many people were struggling to find shade (some even fighting over what little spots there were)..there wasn't much provided by the spread out trees. A lot people started to head back to the ship because they "baked" out in the sun for too long and had enough already. Not us! We enjoyed a full day and were one of last to leave due to our cabana!

Only one person in your party needs to book the cabana online for the one price (not per person as listed on the site). Cabin assignment is done on the ship at guest services and is best to do it as soon as you can when you embark so you can choose your desired cabana. They will show you a map, although you can search online for one and you can see the entire layout. The lower numbered cabanas (1 - 6) are situated where most of the crowd will be. If you want a "quieter experience", select anywhere from 7 on. The water sports rentals were situated between cabana 6 and 7. From Cabana 8, it was about a 3-5 minute walk to the food pavilion..and we took the road behind the cabana.

I also want to ad DH is disabled and had a walker. Our family was picked up in an empty excursion vehicle and dropped off on the road right behind the cabana...they also came by at end of day to get us when we were ready to get back on tender (DH made friends with a worker who arranged for vehicle to come get us by getting on his radio, etc.)...Just an FYI in case anyone travelling with someone with mobitiy issues.

Also, as a cabana renter, you get to take first tender to HMC. Trust me...it's really the way to go and worth every single penny. DH and kids kept thanking me all day and were so happy we did this...best part of our cruise. HMC is truly a paradise!

My husband and I got a cabana for our honeymoon as a "treat" because it is a costly rental. I thought it was a one time treat but we had SOOO MUCH FUN! It was a nice treat but it was certainly NOT a one time treat. If I'm ever back to HMC (and I hope to be) I will certainly book another cabana! The cruise is so fun and we run all over the place. It was wonderful to have a quiet place and comfy chairs and snacks just a few feet away.

I spoke with DH and to my surprise, when I explained these cabanas to him, he said "Well, why didn't you book one?" I went on Carnival's website and when I went to purchase it, a little message came up saying that it was the last one available! So, we are now the proud "owners" of a cabana in HMC !

That's fantastic! Congrats! You'll love it..enjoy your day on HMC!

Woohoo, congrats on getting the last cabana! I'm sure you and DH will love your cabana and love your time at HMC. :D

We're doing a B2B in Oct on the Liberty and are going to Half Moon Cay (first time). Was looking on Carnival's website at some of the excursions and noticed the Cabana rental. Seems pricy though....over $400 for just hubby and I. Are there also umbrella rentals on the beach? Have any of you done any excursions on HMC that you particularly enjoyed or is the beach the way to go ?

Cabana rental 200 dollars per cabana not per person

Like everyone else said...it's only $200.

I remember we got off the boat as soon as we could, got one of those clam shells and like an hour later, all the shells were sold out or WAY down the beach. I feel like people were scouting out the clam shells later in the day, waiting for people to leave so they could take them. If you want one, get it fast! Same goes for the cabana. My cruise is 2 months out and they are all sold out.

Good Luck!

This is so funny- "clam shell hogs". We had a similar experience when we rented a cabana and there were only two of us so we didn't have a lot of stuff strewn all over. Some people came by about 3 or 4 hours into the day when we were in the water and moved our towels off the chairs and started to set up their own stuff- apparently thinking we were "cabana hogs". Luckily we were within sight and got back to the cabana pretty quickly and nicely explained that the cabana was rented. They responded "you're not supposed to save seats and there are no more chairs in the area". We just kind of stood there and they picked up their stuff and moved on. Crazy.

The cabana was absolutely worth every penny though.

We will be visiting HMC via Fascination on the July 7, 2012 itienerary. My wife immediately booked a Cabana for our visit and it will be our first experience with one. Judging from all of the research we did ahead of time, this will be an excellent use of $219 for the four of us. We can't wait.

I'm pretty sure that the cabana we booked was the best money we ever spent on a cruise! We booked #10 and it was perfect. You don't know how great it is until you try it!!

Ditto...we had #10 also and hope to get it again next month :D

Ditto...we had #10 also and hope to get it again next month :D

Is # 10 hard to get. That's the one we want on our visit. Do we have to run to the excursion desk when we get on or are the lower #s more popular?

Is # 10 hard to get. That's the one we want on our visit. Do we have to run to the excursion desk when we get on or are the lower #s more popular?

We didn't run right to the desk when we got on the ship..we did it shortly after the ship set sail. I was told only 3 remained, and I believe it was 7, 9 and 10. We took #9 due to restroom being right behind it (and will also be behind #10. You won't regret #10. We found the sand to be a little courser down by 1-5 and didn't like it down that end of the beach (we took a stroll down there) and it was much more crowded since that's where people veered off to when they got off the tender, etc. ..then it got nice and smooth and powdery soft the further down you went. There's less people down near 10 too which is nice, so I think it's a great choice. If that's not available, I would next try what we had #9 or #11..#8 isn't bad either...but water rentals shack is next to it.

We didn't run right to the desk when we got on the ship..we did it shortly after the ship set sail. I was told only 3 remained, and I believe it was 7, 9 and 10. We took #9 due to restroom being right behind it (and will also be behind #10. You won't regret #10. We found the sand to be a little courser down by 1-5 and didn't like it down that end of the beach (we took a stroll down there) and it was much more crowded since that's where people veered off to when they got off the tender, etc. ..then it got nice and smooth and powdery soft the further down you went. There's less people down near 10 too which is nice, so I think it's a great choice. If that's not available, I would next try what we had #9 or #11..#8 isn't bad either...but water rentals shack is next to it.

Thank you! :)

If you are going to book a Cabana, be sure to book very early!

Cabanas are already sold out for our NOVEMBER Cruise! We are lucky enough to have one... a nice treat for our Anniversary Cruise with no kids!!

Catrin

Once you click on it, you will see.....

" Notes

Please note, this excursion’s Duration is “At Your Leisure”, i.e. no set duration (not 1 hour as listed above).

Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book."

My cruise is 2 months away and all the cabanas are sold out. I got mine months ago :D...but sold out for November? that's crazy!

I have the cabana for my group (10 ppl), but my sister and I are also doing the horseback riding! So excited!

Jackie~

Have you ever used the cabana with ten people before and is that adults you're talking about? I'm just wondering how many people can use it comfortably enough even if they are in and out?

Thanks for your help

Peggy

The cabanas are totally useless IMO. If you have kids, or you have older folks who just need to sit and have shade, it's great. Otherwise, I can't imagine choosing to sit in a little shack all day instead of being on the beach and exploring the beautiful island. If you are worried about shade, there are plenty of trees further down the beach, or you can grab a clamshell for around $20 and put it wherever you want.

Last time we were there we did a horseback excursion, went swimming, walked about 1/2 a mile down the beach to where no one was and lounged uner a tree in the sand. Had lunch, walked the trails to the other parts of the island.....and then it was time to go back to the ship! Can't imagine sitting in a chair in a hut all day instead, but that's just me.

I rented a cabana for DH and I in Jan 2013. I know I can cancel it if I need to. We love the beach, we are late 50's early 60's. The cost seems so much but I tell myself I can not play bingo or do the slot tournaments both which I never win!! Is the cabana worth it for two people?? Help. I hate to be in the heat all day but love the water!!

I rented a cabana for DH and I in Jan 2013. I know I can cancel it if I need to. We love the beach, we are late 50's early 60's. The cost seems so much but I tell myself I can not play bingo or do the slot tournaments both which I never win!! Is the cabana worth it for two people?? Help. I hate to be in the heat all day but love the water!!

We literally just stood in the water and played with the kids almost the entire time, minus potty breaks and lunch break. They also rent floating mats, if I recall correctly.

Archived