Gambling on ship in Bermuda

KevinsCruising

Please tell me they are going to pass the law for gambling on the ship when docked. Read several articles that they may allow gambling from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM when docked....... I really hope this goes through.

Howdy KevinsCruising: I had heard that measure came up for a vote in the legislative body. It was defeated.

Howdy KevinsCruising: I had heard that measure came up for a vote in the legislative body. It was defeated.

That was in 2009. The idea has been floated again in recent months but to date there's only been a discussion of it, not a vote on it.

That was in 2009. The idea has been floated again in recent months but to date there's only been a discussion of it, not a vote on it.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO njhorseman:I know someone who works over there. He tells me that the measure will not be passed.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO njhorseman:I know someone who works over there. He tells me that the measure will not be passed.

I agree it won't be passed. Please read what I wrote in my first post in this thread, before your first post: "It isn't likely to happen anytime soon".

However you're apparently having difficulty distinguishing the events of 2009 from 2012. It was voted on and defeated in 2009, as I stated. It has not been voted on to date in 2012...it has merely been a proposal under discussion. As you say it "will not be passed"...the words "will not" are future tense..that means the vote hasn't happened yet, but it is expected to not be passed (which could occur in two different ways...either it is not even put up for a vote or it's put up for a vote and defeated).

This really stinks.....I am cruising to Bermuda at the end of April but I do not think I will book the Bermuda itinerary again. We spend good money for the cruise and we can't even enjoy the ships amenities. :mad:

Of the seven nights you'll be on board, there are only two where you won't be able to gamble. Your ship departs at 5 pm on its third day in port, so gambling won't be available only on the first two days in port. The same holds for the on board shops. All the other amenities...bars, restaurants, night clubs, spa, etc. are open even while in port.

Archived