Is the $18 Steak Surcharge in the MDR Gone?

MrPete

Its gone....kind of too bad, but I guess it wasn't as profitable as they'd hoped our maybe it just slowed service down too much.

Bummer. Must not have been too popular, although we enjoyed the OPTION. Someone in our group paid that upcharge for a fantastic steak dinner on the Triumph. It was a nice option, as some of us were fine with the standard MDR fare, while others wanted a bit more of a steakhouse touch... yet we could all sit together!:)

Its gone....kind of too bad, but I guess it wasn't as profitable as they'd hoped our maybe it just slowed service down too much.

Probably being cooked on the same grill as everything else but wonder how many steaks would have been ordered as an upcharg.

We have been happy with the regular steaks they serve but not a foodie.

Probably being cooked on the same grill as everything else but wonder how many steaks would have been ordered as an upcharg.

We have been happy with the regular steaks they serve but not a foodie.

Apparently not enough, or they wouldn't have discontinued it. :)

A lot of people on CC complained and slammed the idea. Many were so totally upset and against the idea, you wouldnt believe it.. like they had been not allowed something, rather than just one more choice.

I remember seeing all the uproar, LOL. It was just an OPTION. And our group enjoyed having that option. Oh well, that's what trials & tests are all about...

A lot of people on CC complained and slammed the idea. Many were so totally upset and against the idea, you wouldnt believe it.. like they had been not allowed something, rather than just one more choice.

i would hardly think that what cc folk thought drove them to drop it.

i can only think it didn't fly in real life. personally, i think they over priced themselves. i might have considered it for a $5 to $10 surcharge.

i also thought it wasn't just "one more choice". i thought they replaced the good steaks with the tough flat iron steaks.

i would hardly think that what cc folk thought drove them to drop it.

i can only think it didn't fly in real life. personally, i think they over priced themselves. i might have considered it for a $5 to $10 surcharge.

i also thought it wasn't just "one more choice". i thought they replaced the good steaks with the tough flat iron steaks.

After having eaten in the Steakhouse, I feel a nice steak in the MDR without the amateur posh servce of the steakhouse would have been nice.

I don't know if I would pay $18 though. Heck I know I wouldn't. The steak was ok, definitely no the greatest though. I think $8-$10 tops would be fair in the MDR if I didn't want the posh service of the steakhouse or the steakhouse apps and deserts. 5-10 also seems fair for a NY Strip or Porthouse without the SH extras in the MDR.

$18? too much.

Archived