Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

I Love Cozumel, I love what Cozumel has to offer, but just looking at those travellers walking back to the ship brings back so many memories! IS that not a haul back from the entrance to the cruise terminal back to the ship??? You have a long day in Cozumel and its HOT! and that long walk back is something else... I wish they would install a moving walkway like they have at the airport!

But that might lessen one of my favorites watching people run back to the ship after the time they are supposed to be back.

Yes, we live right off Exit 8A. They just raised the toll prices by 50% :eek:. Unbelievable. We try to avoid that road as much as we can.

We are neighbours, and in Monroe, take 8A every morning myself driving to NYC. Those Tolls are definetly taking a Toll. (Punn intended)

Love the review and Pics

We are on Liberty ourselves in May and Freedom in Sept.

Making a quick appearance to tell my wife (Host Faith) that I love reading her reviews just as much as everyone else! You do a great job capturing every moment. And to everyone...its even more fun traveling with her than it looks. Cant wait for the Allure with you!

Anything she needs, she gets. That's just how I am. :cool:

Awww thanks sweetie, you're the best hubby in the world :):):). Can't wait for the Allure!

I Love Cozumel, I love what Cozumel has to offer, but just looking at those travellers walking back to the ship brings back so many memories! IS that not a haul back from the entrance to the cruise terminal back to the ship??? You have a long day in Cozumel and its HOT! and that long walk back is something else... I wish they would install a moving walkway like they have at the airport!

Oh my gosh, YES it IS such a long walk back to the ship! We got a little lost for a few seconds on our way to meet Alberto in the morning. An air-conditioned, moving walkway would be awesome.

I am really enjoying your review! Did you get any pictures of the Dreamworks Characters?

Thank you! You know what's funny? I hardly noticed the Dreamworks Characters. I saw King Julian once and forgot to take a picture. It's true, if you want a vacation without them, you can really hardly ever see them.

Uh, where have I been? I've never heard of a White Party...

LOL! Yeah I hear this is a recent thing that Royal's started. We loved having yet another excuse to go shopping! Most of the guys had white shirts, a lot of ladies went with one piece of clothing that was white instead of whole outfits. We loved our white dresses.

Great review! Looks like you girls had a great time...

Thank you! We sure did!

Hey Wes...great husband...fanatastic wife...brilliant couple:D...loving the review and hope you will share the photo of you in the Mexican wrestling mask:rolleyes::p:eek: And can't wait for the next instalment of holidays with Chrystal:D

Thank you so much!! He's an awesome husband. We met in high school and 13 years later he still makes me smile every day :)

Wes gave a green light for the luchador mask pic, so I'll take a few and post one as soon as I can!

Such a great review! The photos are amazing Chrystal! You may have answered this and I missed it...I know you have a Canon camera...whats the model?

I'll be hitting Cozumel on the Voyager in a week or so!

Sure, no problem! I had a Canon Powershot ELPH 100. My first Canon...looking forward to buying a better one in the future, maybe even taking some photography lessons. Enjoy your cruise! We sailed the AOS a couple years ago and enjoyed the Voyager class.

We are neighbours, and in Monroe, take 8A every morning myself driving to NYC. Those Tolls are definetly taking a Toll. (Punn intended)

Love the review and Pics

We are on Liberty ourselves in May and Freedom in Sept.

Hey SConnolly! Small world! We live in Plainsboro. Wow that drive to NYC every day must be a killer! Have fun on your cruises! :)

Love seeing happy couples! Just makes me smile.

I've never heard of the white party either; there was one on my NCL cruise but I don't remember one during my Explorer sailing.

Time to look for a white dress for the Allure!!

Love seeing happy couples! Just makes me smile.

I've never heard of the white party either; there was one on my NCL cruise but I don't remember one during my Explorer sailing.

Time to look for a white dress for the Allure!!

Aww thanks! I got my dress from 6pm.com, not sure where Rae got hers. Crystal actually got hers in the shops at Mr. Sancho's! She had one made but wasn't happy with it, so she planned to try and find one in Cozumel, with the one she brought as a backup.

I went to the spa for the steamroom again, and got back to find the ladies prepping for dinner. Tonight was the white party, so we dressed for the entire evening before dinner. Loved our outfits, I think we looked great and stood out quite a bit. Thanks to CC, we were aware of the white party and could dress accordingly. Each of us wore a white dress :)

Hi Chrystal, This is Crystal again.... (on my other account, that I just remembered the password for but...)

Is the White Party only for 7 day or more cruises on the Liberty of the Seas or are they on all Itineraries?

Thanks so much!

Hi Chrystal, This is Crystal again.... (on my other account, that I just remembered the password for but...)

Is the White Party only for 7 day or more cruises on the Liberty of the Seas or are they on all Itineraries?

Thanks so much!

Hi Crystal! I'm not sure about the White Party for 7-night cruises. I remember searching for our Liberty 4-night Compass and someone mentioned it in the thread. I would try and find the 7-night compass out there and see if it's on it?

Hi Crystal! I'm not sure about the White Party for 7-night cruises. I remember searching for our Liberty 4-night Compass and someone mentioned it in the thread. I would try and find the 7-night compass out there and see if it's on it?

Thanks so much! I sure will check around!!!

We were so sad to wake up and realize that this was our last full day on the ship! :(

I think we woke up around 10:30, and quickly dressed to have breakfast in the Windjammer. Crystal had plans to play Bingo most of the day (as promised, a hilarious story about that is to come). We agreed to meet her at 3:30 for the Royal Bingo tournament, where the grand prize was a free cruise for two.

Rae and I went to breakfast where I enjoyed my last RCI omelet for a while....

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

This is a wonderful review. I have found like others have said each of you are beautiful ladies and do know how to enjoy yourselves. I found that the Cozumel information was so informative and you have made me see it through new eyes. The last time we were there my husband and I didn't venture very far from the ship and enjoyed most of the day on the ship (which was also lovely but...)..I was so sad to see that there was no more just now but I will give you a break...can't wait for more though.

I will be on the Liberty on April 9..do you have any pointers for Labadee and Ocho Rios??

This is a wonderful review. I have found like others have said each of you are beautiful ladies and do know how to enjoy yourselves. I found that the Cozumel information was so informative and you have made me see it through new eyes. The last time we were there my husband and I didn't venture very far from the ship and enjoyed most of the day on the ship (which was also lovely but...)..I was so sad to see that there was no more just now but I will give you a break...can't wait for more though.

I will be on the Liberty on April 9..do you have any pointers for Labadee and Ocho Rios??

Thank you so much! You'll enjoy the Liberty very much.

I've been looking at Labadee and Jamaica since we're planning to sail the Allure on the western route.

In Labadee, I hear that they have cabanas for rent. QTMichele wrote about them in her fantasitc Allure review, found here. Wes and I decided that we would likely book one of those. They just look so relaxing. Rae and her husband may come with us this time, so it would be nice to share that with them.

Wes is also interested in the insane looking zip line on Labadee, and maybe a trip out on a power boat or jet ski.

As far as Jamaica goes, we actually spent a few days in Ocho Rios at an all-inclusive a few years ago. It was our first vacation besides our honeymoon. We stayed at the Riu Hotel Ocho Rios. The resort was beautiful, and they had a jerk chicken hut that cranked out jerk chicken, sausages, and fabulous rice and peas all afternoon. We would get our plates, grab a couple drinks, and eat on the beach. Awesome. We're considering getting day passes for the Riu when we return.

Another consideration is hiring a driver there to take us around to find some authentic jerk chicken, and maybe go river tubing. If we don't do that, we'll likely walk around the port then get back onto the ship since there's so much to see on the Allure itself.

If you've never been there, Dunn's River Falls is nice. We didn't hold hands with everyone up the falls, it felt like if one person fell, everyone would fall. That chain of people thing never made sense to me :confused:.

We didn't have cash to get a locker, and the ATM was broken that day. So what we did was walk up the side of the falls. About 3/4 of the way up is a rest stop and entry point for people who don't want to take the last 1/4 of the way up (since it gets very steep there). We actually entered there, so we could watch our stuff and take some great photos. Wesley climbed to the top while I watched. It was a great time. The vendors leaving Dunn's River Falls are VERY aggressive, so if you don't want anything, don't be afraid to give a very firm no. :)

I hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

What fun! Your review puts mine to shame! And I thought my 1000+ pics for a 5 night was a ton!;)

My son and I were on the Liberty the last week of Feb/first few days of March. Our first cruise and it was AMAZING!

You and your friends look like you had a wonderful time!

Thanks for the info on the spa... guess there was a lot that I missed! Looks like I may need to book again :) I also wondered what the Catacombs were. No clubbing for me and the kid:)

Can't wait to read the rest!

Thank you so much! You'll enjoy the Liberty very much.

I've been looking at Labadee and Jamaica since we're planning to sail the Allure on the western route.

In Labadee, I hear that they have cabanas for rent. QTMichele wrote about them in her fantasitc Allure review, found here. Wes and I decided that we would likely book one of those. They just look so relaxing. Rae and her husband may come with us this time, so it would be nice to share that with them.

Wes is also interested in the insane looking zip line on Labadee, and maybe a trip out on a power boat or jet ski.

As far as Jamaica goes, we actually spent a few days in Ocho Rios at an all-inclusive a few years ago. It was our first vacation besides our honeymoon. We stayed at the Riu Hotel Ocho Rios. The resort was beautiful, and they had a jerk chicken hut that cranked out jerk chicken, sausages, and fabulous rice and peas all afternoon. We would get our plates, grab a couple drinks, and eat on the beach. Awesome. We're considering getting day passes for the Riu when we return.

Another consideration is hiring a driver there to take us around to find some authentic jerk chicken, and maybe go river tubing. If we don't do that, we'll likely walk around the port then get back onto the ship since there's so much to see on the Allure itself.

If you've never been there, Dunn's River Falls is nice. We didn't hold hands with everyone up the falls, it felt like if one person fell, everyone would fall. That chain of people thing never made sense to me :confused:.

We didn't have cash to get a locker, and the ATM was broken that day. So what we did was walk up the side of the falls. About 3/4 of the way up is a rest stop and entry point for people who don't want to take the last 1/4 of the way up (since it gets very steep there). We actually entered there, so we could watch our stuff and take some great photos. Wesley climbed to the top while I watched. It was a great time. The vendors leaving Dunn's River Falls are VERY aggressive, so if you don't want anything, don't be afraid to give a very firm no. :)

I hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

When you're at Labadee I high recommend booking a massage. They're done in some ruins on a hill overlooking the water. The combo of the relaxing massage, Caribbean breezes and the sound of the water is almost more than you can stand. I actually dozed off in the most blissful sleep. When I awoke I felt like Rip Van Winkle. I know the massages are overpriced (that's where the coupon book is a help) but this one was special because of the setting. Book early, though. I booked on boarding day and just managed to get an appointment.

Edited by cruise pup

SOOOOO nice of you to link back to my review. Thank you!

I'm still loving your review - just caught up from Mexico... wish we could just stay there, KWIM? :D

We've never been on a cruise but set said 2 weeks from today on Liberty of the Seas to Cozumel and Belize. Your review has been amazing!!! I've learned a lot. I'm wondering if you know how much bingo does cost? I see it's not included and my daughter is wanting to play!

Great job on your review. Have enjoyed reading. Makes me want to try the Freedom class. Also enjoyed your review of the Adventure. We did that one also to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and renewed our vows. RCCL did a great job.

My DW and i grew up in NJ, she lived in East Brunswick and I grew up in Old Bridge. We lived in East Windsor until moving out to Ohio almost 20 years ago. Still have a lot of family there and we are so amazed at how the prices on the toll roads keep going up and up everytime we go back there to visit.

Looking forward to more installments of your trip.

We leave on the Jewel in 9 days. Cant wait.

GREAT JOB!