The Quest - 16 October 2012

almostnewtocruise

Maybe someone can solve for me the mystery of this cruise?

Looking for new and interesting itineraries I found this one.. Barcelona to Rome - includes Malta and Sicily... 11 days.. looks really tempting. But the price ??!!! :confused:

While all other cruises of the same length (and in the "same waters" ) are priced in the vicinity of $3,000 for O/V, this one starts at $6,000!.. The same goes for other categories (balcony starts at 7,600!). And it's not as if there are a lot of veranda cabins left too..

Is this an error (a brochure price that somehow got here?) , or is it for real??

TIA

Miriam

These are probably the correct prices. Azamara is a higher end cruise line. You can find bargans but you have to really look for them and be flexable. It is possible all the less expensive OV and balconys are already booked. If a cruise is selling well the prices will remain high. Closer to sailing if the ship isn't filling up maybe the price will come down. Azamara just had a very good sale and we booked an 11 night for 1900$ for a balcony with 500$ credit towards our airfare and some OBC. Check this link for some better prices. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/2012-europe-program

These are probably the correct prices...

Eileen, actually they were not..

Although I didn't get any reaction here from the "authorities", still, an action is worth a thousand words. A day (or 2) after I posted here the prices on the website for this particular cruise dropped by (exactly) half .

So thanks to whoever read this and made it happen!

miriam

Maybe someone can solve for me the mystery of this cruise?

Looking for new and interesting itineraries I found this one.. Barcelona to Rome - includes Malta and Sicily... 11 days.. looks really tempting. But the price ??!!! :confused:

While all other cruises of the same length (and in the "same waters" ) are priced in the vicinity of $3,000 for O/V, this one starts at $6,000!.. The same goes for other categories (balcony starts at 7,600!). And it's not as if there are a lot of veranda cabins left too..

Is this an error (a brochure price that somehow got here?) , or is it for real??

TIA

Miriam

Hi Miriam,

I checked all sailings for October around the same length as this sailing, and they are all in the 3599 - 3999 PP (US$) range for a veranda. I'm not seeing anything that looks unusual.

While the price may seem steep to you, Azamara must feel they will get their pricing. With all of the praise/buzz out there, it's entirely possible they will. Keep in mind, their ships are smaller, and not as difficult to fill as the mainstream cruise lines. There's several months until these sailings, so they have time to fill the ship.

Let's not forget the additional Azamara value - such as the included gratuities, soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffee/tea, wine at lunch & dinner, 50% off shore excursions, and the current choice air promotion. When I calculate the cost of my cruise, I'd certainly take this into consideration, as it offers considerable savings.

I hope this helps !

Eileen, actually they were not..

Although I didn't get any reaction here from the "authorities", still, an action is worth a thousand words. A day (or 2) after I posted here the prices on the website for this particular cruise dropped by (exactly) half .

So thanks to whoever read this and made it happen!

miriam

Hi Miriam,

That would explain why I'm not seeing anything unusual :) . Glad to hear the issue was resolved. Thanks for posting !

Hi Miriam,

I checked all sailings for October around the same length as this sailing, and they are all in the 3599 - 3999 PP (US$) range for a veranda. I'm not seeing anything that looks unusual.

!

Oh, Andy.. you are so right. They are all in the same range - NOW..

But until few days ago the one that starts at 16 October stood up among them with - what I think - were the "brochure prices" - with interior going for around 5000 and O/V for 6000 USD.

But as I mentioned in my previous post.. it has been solved, so all is well!

And Andy, you don't need to sell Azamara to us - we love it .. If we book this one, it will be our 7th ! ;)

Miriam

• 4 weeks later...
OHHH.. our posts have crossed again!

Miriam

Hi, Miriam, we, along with triplestar, are on this cruise, our first with Azamara after four with Oceania. We simply could not resist this unique itinerary. (Spouse loves archaeology/ruins, etc.)

Hope you decide to sail with us. If so, please sign up for our still too small roll call.

Pam

Archived