Ft.Lauderdale Hotel during Oct. Boat Show

circee

I've been checking the board and it looks like we might have some problems finding a pre-cruise hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on Oct. 28th due to the boat show. Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel with an airport shuttle as well as shuttle to the pier using either Priceline or Hotwire?

The closest to Ft Lauderdale I've ever been able to book has been Hollywood.. and there were no airport shuttles.

Many hotels black out the Boat Show dates with hotwire and PL.

Book yourself a cancellable hotel room and whatever price you can live with.. and keep trying, but don't expect miracles.

Oh.. and occupancy rates are up at hotels in S. Florida....so rates are on the increase.

You may get lucky in Hollywood Beach. Theres a new Marriott opening soon that may not be fully booked yet.

You might also want to start looking in the suburbs of Ft Lauderdale, check Dania, Davie, Plantation, Sunrise, and Hollywood hotels. Shuttles may or may not be available but you should have no problem getting a taxi. ;)

I had been bidding for a 3-star on Priceline in the downtown zone but kept getting rejected (had bid up to $85) so I decreased to a 2 1/2 star and $50 and got the Amerisuites in the downtown zone just a few blocks from the cruise terminal. That's for Oct. 21 before we sail on the 22nd. So, there are still some deals to be found. Good luck.

Thanks for everyone's help. I tried Downtown Ft.Lauderdale 2 1/2 stars $50 through PL with no luck. Out of curiosity I checked the other sites like hotels.com and travelocity and they are showing many of the hotels as unavailable (including Amerisuites) during this time period. I booked LaQuinta Airport the old fashion way just to be safe and then I'll try PL again on and off to see if anything opens up.

Archived