Sapphire E728/E731 pics AFTER drydock?

Sassy's Mom

Would anyone be willing to share pictures of the stateroom and balcony for these rooms after the recent drydock? We managed to snag E728 for our Alaskan cruise next year and I'd love to see the renovated version!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Would anyone be willing to share pictures of the stateroom and balcony for these rooms after the recent drydock? We managed to snag E728 for our Alaskan cruise next year and I'd love to see the renovated version!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

The staterooms on the Sapphire were not refurbished, only the public areas were refurbished. The good news is that Princess keeps up its staterooms very well. I sailed in an Emerald deck minisuite on the Sapphire last October and it was in excellent shape.

Thanks. I'm really curious now because the deck diagram shows the room as an AD class but the booking shows it as an ME (switching from A for mini-suites to M I guess). My concern is whether or not there will be a tub or just the teeny, tiny shower. The beds don't bother me if the twins don't go to a queen but the tub is HUGE!!!

Thanks. I'm really curious now because the deck diagram shows the room as an AD class but the booking shows it as an ME (switching from A for mini-suites to M I guess). My concern is whether or not there will be a tub or just the teeny' date=' tiny shower. The beds don't bother me if the twins don't go to a queen but the tub is HUGE!!![/quote']

They changed the stateroom categorizations recently from AD to ME, but it is the same cabin and same interior. The minisuites have larger bathrooms with a tub/shower combo. The AD/ME category beds do make up into a queen. The balcony is covered (unlike Dolphin deck minis). There is a nice sitting area with a full size sofa. I like the aft location for easy access to the main dining room and the buffet. I love the Emerald deck minisuites and always sail in them when I can get one. There are only a handful of them so they book up early.

My only word of caution is that there have been reports of being able to hear noise from Club Fusion below in the three most aft cabins on portside (including E728). Those three cabins are directly over the stage. I have stayed in almost all the starboard side cabins and several of the most forward portside cabins and never heard a peep of noise from below. If you think the stage noise might bother you, then see if a starboard side cabin is available or a portside cabin further forward is available in the AD category.

Thank you Princess Patches. That is wonderful news. I had my TA ready to strike when the bookings were released this morning....I wanted that coveted room! We also have the one next to it so we should have plenty of balcony space for our group.

As for the noise, I sleep with a fan and my uncle (in adjacent room) has a CPAP machine. I have a feeling those two contraptions will drown out whatever noise we may hear (though I'm sure the spirits we ingest will certainly help too!).

Noise from Club Fusion on Sapphire isn't much of an issue for the minis because the stage is at the back of the lounge.

The Vista Lounge on Golden, however, has the stage off to the side, so the noise can be a problem for the minis and aft cabins on the port side.

We were in E730 on the Crown last April. Same room, different number. Balcony is huge! I booked the same room on the starboard side on the Grand for this April but couldn't resist upgrading to a Vista Suite last week. Someone is going to get a great surprise! :)

We heard the bass one night for a few minutes. It wasn't a problem.

We were in E730 on the Crown last April. Same room, different number. Balcony is huge! I booked the same room on the starboard side on the Grand for this April but couldn't resist upgrading to a Vista Suite last week. Someone is going to get a great surprise! :)

We heard the bass one night for a few minutes. It wasn't a problem.

Yippee!!!! Oh how I wish a full suite was in my future but in the meantime, I'll enjoy my bonus balcony!

• 10 months later...
Just wanted to let you know we will be in E728 on May 25, southbound Alaska cruise. I think you will be sailing before us, so keep my stateroom in good shape. :D

Had this cabin back in September. The bed DOES make up into a queen and it was perfect.

Archived