sport

claridge

Hi

We are big sports fans, and will be in Newark for two nights before our cruise 27th and 28th March.

We were thinking of going to the ice hockey on the 27th to see the devils, But we have a few quetions.

1-- we are staying at renasseance at newark airport how far is it to the stadium and the best way to get there.

2-- Is it safe to go to and a safe area

3-- what seating areas would anyone recommend

4-- Is it easy to get a cab back to the hotel

5-- is there any other sport we could attend.

Thank you in advance

Claridge

cab, probably 15 minutes...probably 20 bucks or so..

the area around the arena in newark is fairly safe..actually you COULD go BACK to the airport, take the monorail to the EWR Rail station, hop NJ Transit to NEWARK (1 stop) and walk to the arena..i BELIEVE that you can go all the way there inside....i haven't tried but i THINK the buildings connect (a few office buildings and the station...)

i would get a cab back though it may take a little longer if there's a lot of people around....

no clue about seats...but that arena isn't HUGE, i think it only holds 18000 people or so....i will not be there til may (going to see springsteen! yay!:D:p) I haven't been in there yet...

hockey is always fun....sort of depends what seats are open.....i have only heard good things about the arena....HTH...

there are seats left...not lots, but there are some on the ends of the rink, and some on the sides in the upper level..depends on your budget!

actually maybe you can't walk all the way there inside....doesn't seem to say..but there will be a LOT of crazed Devils fans...you should be fine..unless you're wearing Chicago blackhawks jerseys! (that's who they play!)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Prudential-Center-tickets-Newark/venue/16847?tm_link=edp_Venue_Name_1

there is also a basketball game on the 28th.....seems like more tickets for that...in a bigger range of prices...they play the Indiana pacers....i am checking with my go-to sports guy/best friend for what would be better...

Do the hockey game...the Devils are a pretty good team. The basketball team, the Nets, are not too good...that's why at their games the fans are disguised as empty seats. ;)

hahaha.....very funny......my go to sports dude (die hard 76ers fan though) said the basketball game isn't sucj a bad idea.....the nets stink sort of but the pacers aren't horrible....

sooo claridge..i would suggest looking at both, and at prices for each and then decide......

Archived