Dillards for Cruise Wear....

sail7seas

I made it to Dillards and they had 65% off many evening dresses. Now there was one maxi that I wanted that was not marked down, but I just couldn't pull it off the rack. Something about paying full price for a spandex/poly mix just wasn't right... not for $118.

I did find some nice shoes and a cute dress for work... so I'm very happy. Also picked up a Clarisonic and Elizabeth Arden body butter. Man I love Dillards!

We were in FLL several days pre-cruise and had a great time in Dillards.

I got four great tops, two dresses and DH found a few things.

Makes me even more sad we don't have a Dillards near us. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Dillard's has an extra 30% off entire stock of permanently reduced merchandise advertised in today's paper. I'm going shopping! Who's in?

LUV U!!!! Thanks! Normally Dillard's has this sale and it's right at Derby time. Of course we always think that its about Derby! Thanks again for the heads up.

If you read the small print, it must be charged on your Dillard's card. Definitely worth getting a Dillard's cc, no matter where you live. I've gotten my husband fabulous deals on Daniel Chermiux (sp) clothing -- shirts $75 for $24. Not bad.

Also, tell me about Lord & Taylor. We don't have any near us, but I remember when I lived in New York it was a very high end department store, much like Saks. Recently I was in Conn. and went into the one in Danbury and was a bit surprised how it seemed not so high end any longer.

I just ordered a linen top from L&T online made by Eileen Fisher. Can't ever go wrong with her line. But I also saw some tops from Ruby RD, which I don't consider high end...nothing wrong with them, but not high end.

What do you think?

I like L&T and love some EF items. L&T is a bit over priced in my opinion, but since they are in the same family as Macy's I expect that they are supposed to be the higher-end in comparison. I prefer Nordstrom, Saks or Dillard's before L&T, they have better sales and stock. JMO.

If you read the small print, it must be charged on your Dillard's card. Definitely worth getting a Dillard's cc, no matter where you live. I've gotten my husband fabulous deals on Daniel Chermiux (sp) clothing -- shirts $75 for $24. Not bad.

I don't see the small print requiring a Dillards's Card today. YESTERDAY'S ad was 30% off for card holders--TODAY's is for anyone.

There is a L&T outlet in Michigan. The outlet replaced the wonderful markdowns they once had in the basement of only one of their stores, which was close to where I live. I bought the most gorgeous beaded jacket for $70. It's fitted---not at all frumpy. I still can't believe someone didn't snatch it up before I did! And, it was a size 10. Usually that size is hard to find--small sizes are much more plentiful, and the larger sizes.

We live mid-way between Daytona Beach and Jacksonville where the decent stores are. So I do a tremendous (90%) of my shopping on line. Nordstrom and NM have free shipping so the bulk of shopping goes there. L&T have decent sales. Eileen Fisher just sent me a $-off coupon, so I shopped on her site. I learned the hard way not to wait for a sale -- if I see something I love, I buy it. It may not be there later.

I don't see the small print requiring a Dillards's Card today. YESTERDAY'S ad was 30% off for card holders--TODAY's is for anyone.

The sale is for everyone today. I got an e-mail advising 30% off permanently marked down merchandise. Sadly I only saw a few tops I liked. No dresses caught my eye though I did try.

awesome! I am from the raleigh area and my sis and bro in law who are going on the cruise with us live in Durham. I went to school at UNC-G and we moved to Asheville in 2008!

Shheriii, my daughter lives in Asheville and she swears by ya'lls Dillards store. She loves it.!!!

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought it would be better than starting a new thread. We're off to Asheville for a beer festival this weekend and if time, weather & road conditions permit, I'm thinking of going to the Dillard's Clearance Center. Has anyone been recently- is it still good?? Thanks!

Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought it would be better than starting a new thread. We're off to Asheville for a beer festival this weekend and if time, weather & road conditions permit, I'm thinking of going to the Dillard's Clearance Center. Has anyone been recently- is it still good?? Thanks!

We have no clearance center but our Dillards has great clearance prices and I do shop at Dillards a lot. I wish we had one-you are sure to find great stuff.

• 1 month later...

Love Dillard's for cruise wear. Being plus size it is not easy finding formal/semi-formal clothing in most department stores. Last week when I was in the store they had an Alex Evenings jacket and shell I wanted that had come out about a year ago for $110. I never pay full price so I was hoping to find it on sale. It had been marked down to $66 and by using the Dillard's charge I got another 40% off so it came out to $40. I love getting a good buy. Wish we had a clearance center!

Seeing we don't have a Dillards and likely never will )we've been told why they won't come north but I forget the reason), I shop their sales on line. It's a bit of a risk paying shipping on things I might not like but I've had reasonably good luck. I've gotten to know some of their brands so know which will fit me best and which cuts and styles I like best.

Being able to shop on line is better than 15 years ago when it wasn't nearly as easy. :)

I look at the s&h as the money I would spend driving to different stores to find what I'm looking for and the lunch I would have to have while I was out shopping.

I still prefer shopping in the stores but online gives me so many more options.

I LOVE Dillard's also. I shop there all the time. I bought a cute swimsuit last fall for $20. It originally was over $120. Also, the men's section has super sales. They mark down summer clothes drastically around October. I bought my husband swimsuits for $4.00 (Nike's, Ralph Lauren, and so on).

Archived